Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
  1.    #61  
    Wow I'm glad people are enjoying C.E I'm very happy lol.
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
    When I try to install LunaCE, preware says "LunaSysMgr files not in factory condition". Refuses to install.. Can't remember what I did that hacked that. Maybe the advanced keyboard with arrows?
    umm that "butta" patch that hyper glow patch thingy , and one more … interfere with LunaCE install
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    here this post says which 2 ( LunaCE 4.x ) patches cause errors and include the "butta" patch and that's it
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    got it installed. I had installed the advanced keyboard (keypatch) via the commandline patch.sh rather than the ipk method, do it didn't appear in list of installed patches. I ran "patch.sh revert" and uninstalled buttah and whole host of other scrolling and card patches, and then LunaCE installed. Rebooting now...
    now I get a "service error" when I try to tweak it....
    install factory luna, then install LunaCE ... also this is not the official support thread (just keep that in mind when it comes to support assistance.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8.    #68  
    So have most of you had an easy install?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    So have most of you had an easy install?
    so far so good.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Mine failed (I knew it would, multiple custom keyboards), installed factory luna, then upgraded easy peasy.

The worst part of my install was novacom drivers not wanting to install, finally got em to install with the installer directly from Palm.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Mine failed (I knew it would, multiple custom keyboards), installed factory luna, then upgraded easy peasy.

The worst part of my install was novacom drivers not wanting to install, finally got em to install with the installer directly from Palm.
    lol I couldn't even load webOS quickinstall and failed like 10 times before I realized I needed to unlock dev. Mode ha ha !!! Other than that easy sailing !! Then got a lot of errors till I got the right patches removed lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    I took the plunge, and am similarly impressed. However, I had to look around to realize that tabbed cards only apply to stacks. As I haven't used stacks that much, it didn't seem like much. BUT, I now have more reason to use the Open in New Card when browsing so as to not lose my previous page position, and have the tabbed cards to play with! (BTW, has anyone else noticed the nice vertical "bounce" of the tabbed cards?) The side gestures for app switching are great! Just like the "old days" on phones. Also love the arrow keys! Finally, great to have "David's TouchPad" for a carrier string.
    Last edited by davidtm; 08/29/2012 at 07:51 PM.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    I'll bite, how do you install the factory luna?
    Quote Originally Posted by mtiberio View Post
    I'll bite, how do you install the factory luna?
    By reading the first post in the official thread.

LunaCE 4.x

Note that you agreed to read the official thread when you enabled the beta testing feed. It's rule no 6.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  15.    #75  
    Posted a link to the officiall thread up front.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    By reading the first post in the official thread.

LunaCE 4.x

Note that you agreed to read the official thread when you enabled the beta testing feed. It's rule no 6.

-- Rod
    oh, you mean this rule:
    They must fastidiously follow the forum threads where the alpha testing is being discussed by the authors, and follow precisely any instructions given there.

oops, I just broke the rule about reposting...

Ignore it.. hit 'OK' and it's 'OK' !!

installed factory lunasysmgr, when I flip a switch in Tweaks, I still get:
    "Configuration could not be saved since the service returned an error!"

HOWEVER, the changes "take"
  19.    #79  
    They still stay, I did a restart and it kept.
    installed factory lunasysmgr, when I flip a switch in Tweaks, I still get:
    "Configuration could not be saved since the service returned an error!"

HOWEVER, the changes "take"

Yay.. Like I say.. it's OK to hit OK!!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast