Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree41Likes
    Can confirm the faster. It's not overly noticable at stock speeds but when I clocked it up to 1.7Ghz, it's fast and no mistake (I was using 1.7Ghz before installing LunaCE). Must admit, I always liked the stacked cards interface but tabbed cards make identifying cards a lot easier. And I never knew how much I needed infinite scroll, it's awesome!
    Pardon me for this super-newb question: Does the LunaCE require webOS CE? Can it be installed on non-CE webOS 3.0.5?
    LunaCE can be installed directly from preware on to your 3.0.5 TPad . If you have the correct feeds enabled on your TPad.

This will explain it more thoroughly … http://testing.preware.org/
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    weird suggestion, would it be possible to have a left or right swipe gesture ON the virtual keyboard to goto the other main keyboard, + - ( ) etc etc instead of pressing the button which could be removed or used for something else.

personally wouldn't mind swiping in the next "page" of key characters or maybe it could rotate through keyboard languages/setups.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by TUFF Stough View Post
    Pardon me for this super-newb question: Does the LunaCE require webOS CE? Can it be installed on non-CE webOS 3.0.5?
    LunaCE is the sole available component of webOS CE. There is no separate webOS CE from the LunaCE replacement package which you install using Preware.

In other words, LunaCE turns your vanilla webOS into webOS CE.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    weird suggestion, would it be possible to have a left or right swipe gesture ON the virtual keyboard to goto the other main keyboard, + - ( ) etc etc instead of pressing the button which could be removed or used for something else.

personally wouldn't mind swiping in the next "page" of key characters or maybe it could rotate through keyboard languages/setups.
    Note that this thread is not the official LunaCE development thread, and is therefore probably not read by the LunaCE developers, so is not really a good place to make feature suggestions.

-- Rod
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Note that this thread is not the official LunaCE development thread, and is therefore probably not read by the LunaCE developers, so is not really a good place to make feature suggestions.

-- Rod
    cheers, I may try irc, I keep hearing it mentioned here and there, might be handier lurking there, esp for suggestions or more for bug reports.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    cheers, I may try irc, I keep hearing it mentioned here and there, might be handier lurking there, esp for suggestions or more for bug reports.
    Making the effort to join the IRC channel, lurk for some days to get the feel of the place, and then engage in a feature discussion with the developers is your best chance of making it happen. Posting a feature request in some random forum thread (hint: the official thread is in another part of these forums, alongside all the other WebOS Internals official threads) almost never ends up getting implemented unless the developer was already going to do it anyway or immediately thinks it is something they would use as well.

-- Rod
    how do you get to irc through the touchpad anyways?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    LunaCE can be installed directly from preware on to your 3.0.5 TPad . If you have the correct feeds enabled on your TPad.

This will explain it more thoroughly Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals
    with current LunaCE version, should I enable the beta testing field or alpha or can be both?
    if you want the more stable version open just the beta feed, the other feed will have the alpha version which will be more unstable compared to the beta version
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    how do you get to irc through the touchpad anyways?
    D/L wIRC from catalog by webosinternals.
    Quote Originally Posted by MudShark22 View Post
    D/L wIRC from catalog by webosinternals.
    in the description of that app its says its only for 1.4.5 and that's it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    in the description of that app its says its only for 1.4.5 and that's it lol
    TP too!
    https://developer.palm.com/appredirect/index.php?packageid=org.webosinternals.catalog.wirc
    lol that's like 5 bucks ha ha , I know I know its worth it lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I think it's great. The left and right swipe from the edge of the screen to switch apps is the perfect translation of the app-switching gesture from the phones onto the Touchpad.

It was also a good opportunity to take part in helping on development of something. Have enjoyed hanging out on IRC again.
    LOL after I got LunaCE installed last night, I was thinking this is an awesome excuse to get wIRC, will be purchasing today!

And purchased, yet another great investment in the WebOS Internals team! Pay day tomorrow and it's time to donate
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  17. w0z
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    4.5.0 is now available in the beta feeds, with plenty of lovely bugfixes!

Also, I'd like to clarify exactly what fluid gestures is, since there has been some rather odd misinformation floating about the internet as of late. Enable it, then slowly drag your finger in from the side/bottom bezel. The cards follow your finger as opposed to instantly switching, hence 'Fluid'.
    I've been using Garrett92C's Simple Browser Gestures since January and his Custom Browser Gestures before that. The app swiping feature in Luna CE looks interesting but is there any way to maintain Simple Browser Gestures after installing Luna CE?
    w0z:

Double tapping on the very edge of the screen will trigger the in-app gestures, from what I saw when I played with it a couple months ago
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    w0z likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    w0z:

Double tapping on the very edge of the screen will trigger the in-app gestures, from what I saw when I played with it a couple months ago
    I can verify this works in advanced browser as well, saw someone mention the double tap for stock patched browser and advanced uses the same (or similar code).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I can't find LunaCE thread in wirc heck I can't find any thread ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast