Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 202
Like Tree41Likes
  1. #181  
    Someone here said it runs fine on the 4g. You may want to make a spare backup of your old LunaSysMgr before trying though
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  2. browryan's Avatar
    Posts
    20 Posts
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    #182  
    not sure if this is the correct place to post this but after installing LunaCE my TP has been asking me to enter a new PIN every time. I have Exchange installed and a pin is required. Anyone else have this problem?
  3. #183  
    wave launcher sometimes activates halfway down the screen and can be highly annoying, but I love using wave launcher for multi tasking, maybe if we had a tweak setting for the wave launcher.
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by blm22 View Post
    wave launcher sometimes activates halfway down the screen and can be highly annoying, but I love using wave launcher for multi tasking, maybe if we had a tweak setting for the wave launcher.
    im pretty sure there is a setting, atleast the iteration i was using before the wave launcher became more wave like...Touchpad not in front of me to check what version tha was.
  5. #185  
    Quote Originally Posted by blm22 View Post
    wave launcher sometimes activates halfway down the screen and can be highly annoying, but I love using wave launcher for multi tasking, maybe if we had a tweak setting for the wave launcher.
    There is a tweak setting for the wave launcher. It's in Tweaks. Labeled 'Wave Launcher'.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  6. #186  
    I keep forgetting you can slide your finger up anywhere along the edge of the screen. It freaks me out when I'm trying to scroll a web page and the wave pops up - need to get in the habit of reaching farther over. It's nice though, because it means you can now open it even with the keyboard open.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  7. #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    I keep forgetting you can slide your finger up anywhere along the edge of the screen. It freaks me out when I'm trying to scroll a web page and the wave pops up - need to get in the habit of reaching farther over. It's nice though, because it means you can now open it even with the keyboard open.

    -- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Hadn't thought about the KB part, good call.

    I am used to scrolling further in since I would always accidentally activate the pop out utilities (can't remember the correct name that Garrett made).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  8. #188  
    I tend to use the TP exclusively in landscape mode and am unable to activate the middle icons on the wave launcher without repositioning my hands. I think it would be pretty neat to be able to vertically dock the launcher on either side of the screen. Also is there a way to release the launcher without activating any applications?

    Off topic. Where is the best place to leave a suggestion for preware itself?
  9. #189  
    If you slide the launcher all the way back down and finger off the screen it shouldn't launch anything (pretty sure that worked for me the other day).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
  10. #190  
    Just slide your finger back down off the bottom of the screen.

    Edit: me type slow on flaky old keyboard.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  11. #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If you slide the launcher all the way back down and finger off the screen it shouldn't launch anything (pretty sure that worked for me the other day).
    Yeah, that can work but kinda tedious to do that. I think if one don't need eight icons then go to five and release in between icons where none are highligted

    Either way it won't be as easy as the phone with touchpad being so much bigger
  12. #192  
    Can anyone get more than one UP or DOWN arrow press to work? There doesn't appear to be a way to keep the up/down arrows on the screen as Shift only brings them up for one button press and holding doesn't repeat them.

    example- tried scrolling down the list of suggestions on Google. The old keyboard arrows patch had all 4 directions come up (and remain) when you hit the symbols button.

    maybe i'm missing something but as they are up/down aren't that useful.
  13. #193  
    Gordon,

    I think Shifty has a probably much better way of doing it in the works.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  14. #194  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Shumway View Post
    Can anyone get more than one UP or DOWN arrow press to work? There doesn't appear to be a way to keep the up/down arrows on the screen as Shift only brings them up for one button press and holding doesn't repeat them.

    example- tried scrolling down the list of suggestions on Google. The old keyboard arrows patch had all 4 directions come up (and remain) when you hit the symbols button.

    maybe i'm missing something but as they are up/down aren't that useful.

    Yes.. was noticing the same - also apparently 'random' yellow highlighting occuring with use of 'up' & 'down' arrows?

  15. #195  
    Gordon,

    I think Shifty has a probably much better way of doing it in the works.
    yeah I saw the feature on twitter. It shall be so nice to have. Unique too!
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
  16.    #196  
    I'm very very happy everyone is getting their mileage out of this thread. So far I'm on 4.9.5 and I'm loving the hell out of it. Doe anyone find the Wavelauncher to be kinda ehh?
    Verizon Pre 3. ATT HP Touchpad. Touchstone 2.
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    I'm very very happy everyone is getting their mileage out of this thread. So far I'm on 4.9.5 and I'm loving the hell out of it. Doe anyone find the Wavelauncher to be kinda ehh?
    I think the wave launcher is fine it works just as good as the phone but its not as easy because of the size, the ports team delivered what we asked for
  18. #198  
    The wave launcher has brought more problems than any real utility served. Not only is the 'wave launcher' way too buggy, but it has also made LunaCE quite sluggish. What is worse is the new implementation of the wave launcher in 4.9.5. Personally, I would much prefer to see 'wave launcher' removed or at the very least selectable in 'Tweaks'. If not, at the very least I would prefer it to revert to how it worked in LunaCE 4.9.0
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    The wave launcher has brought more problems than any real utility served. Not only is the 'wave launcher' way too buggy, but it has also made LunaCE quite sluggish. What is worse is the new implementation of the wave launcher in 4.9.5. Personally, I would much prefer to see 'wave launcher' removed or at the very least selectable in 'Tweaks'. If not, at the very least I would prefer it to revert to how it worked in LunaCE 4.9.0
    Everything in lunaCE can be disabled in Tweaks, including wave launcher. That's what's so great about it.. Its down near the bottom in weeks.

    That said, I no longer use wave launcher on the phone, as I had to make a choice between that and the virtual keyboard. I decided that the keyboard was more valuable for just type and to use to launch any app than just one of four.
    Last edited by laingman; 09/17/2012 at 01:27 AM.
  20. #200  
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Everything in lunaCE can be disabled in Tweaks, including wave launcher. That's what's so great about it.. Its down near the bottom in weeks.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I don't know how I missed that. I thought i had looked for the option in tweaks and not found it. But, lo and behold it very much is there.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

    Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions