Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    All of a sudden my auto google search is displayed in the mobile format. I have to manually click classic search each time to have it displayed full screen? Any idea? TIA
    R_E likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickFelt View Post
    All of a sudden my auto google search is displayed in the mobile format. I have to manually click classic search each time to have it displayed full screen? Any idea? TIA
    same problem _ help please
    Same problem. I suspect it's an issue with the rollout of Google Now for all mobile browser applications. Lets see how long until it's fixed.
    Same problem. Any of you think the Hulu patch might fix it in the meantime?
    Quote Originally Posted by billyboob View Post
    Same problem. I suspect it's an issue with the rollout of Google Now for all mobile browser applications. Lets see how long until it's fixed.
    If it's like the mobile image search issue... never
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by RickFelt View Post
    Rick Felt, you mentioned resetting setting 'classic search', how do you do that please.
    Hello everyone, I am new here and new to touchpad. So far I can't quite believe what a great device this is, tho that may have more to do with my previous tablet was an advent vega and this just feels like quite an upgrade.

So after having the initial few hours of familiarizing myself with webOS it seems the one thing I am getting stuck trying to figure out is with Google search from the just type bar...every search I perform always comes back with only 3 google results and they all seem to open in a mobile formats (just text)

Now I have noticed if click on classic view at the bottom of the results page then all is fine and the full google result page is displayed and results open in full web formats

So was thinking if anyone here could help me keep this "Classic View" on permanently as it just always reverts back to mobile view and a lonely 3 search results

I have searched the issue and that has brought me here and I'm glad I did. Its great to find a forum with so much HP TP goodiness

thanx to all

Edit: and have just noticed the thread underneath which seem like a similar issue, could it be a webOS issue perhaps? as it seems most people may be running android on their TP
    Last edited by con500; 08/14/2012 at 03:32 PM.
    friggen google. Is there a spoof for the browser string that could send out Firefox. I now have to keep clicking the classic link.
    arrrgh
    <threads merged>

Quote Originally Posted by con500 View Post
    Hello everyone, I am new here and new to touchpad. So far I can't quite believe what a great device this is, tho that may have more to do with my previous tablet was an advent vega and this just feels like quite an upgrade.

So after having the initial few hours of familiarizing myself with webOS it seems the one thing I am getting stuck trying to figure out is with Google search from the just type bar...every search I perform always comes back with only 3 google results and they all seem to open in a mobile formats (just text)

Now I have noticed if click on classic view at the bottom of the results page then all is fine and the full google result page is displayed and results open in full web formats

So was thinking if anyone here could help me keep this "Classic View" on permanently as it just always reverts back to mobile view and a lonely 3 search results

I have searched the issue and that has brought me here and I'm glad I did. Its great to find a forum with so much HP TP goodiness

thanx to all

Edit: and have just noticed the thread underneath which seem like a similar issue, could it be a webOS issue perhaps? as it seems most people may be running android on their TP
    This is a brand new issue and not a "webOS issue" but a compatibility issue when google makes changes. It just happens with no new users to webOS, no real reason for google to care. They may fix it, may not.... it *may be something that can be patched on the webOS side, but in general it is a change in the way webOS interacts with google, but the change itself was on the google side.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    I have just come across this issue with google and its really annoying! Also YouTube keeps shrinking the page size when I open it or refresh it! Grrrr
    Maybe there's a way to tack on a parameter to the search string to force desktop mode? A quick check shows adding "&nomo=1" to the end of your search would force desktop mode. Someone can patch that into the existing Just Type search providers.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Maybe there's a way to tack on a parameter to the search string to force desktop mode? A quick check shows adding "&nomo=1" to the end of your search would force desktop mode. Someone can patch that into the existing Just Type search providers.
    exactly what I was thinking

Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, but when you say 'patch" is this just downloading the fix to the TP or do I need to install the software to use patches? I ask because I have been reading here tonight a lot about patches and fixes but not sure how to go about installing one.

I'm sure I will get there but first night with TP and its getting to that point where my brain is frying from reading
    Quote Originally Posted by con500 View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread to ask, but when you say 'patch" is this just downloading the fix to the TP or do I need to install the software to use patches? I ask because I have been reading here tonight a lot about patches and fixes but not sure how to go about installing one.

I'm sure I will get there but first night with TP and its getting to that point where my brain is frying from reading
    A patch is a file that contains the modifications made to a system file to change its behaviour in some way. To apply the patch, you need to have software to do so, as the stock webOS is not designed to be "patched" by third parties. To apply a patch you need a patch file and either WOSQI or Internalz Pro (or possible Preware, I haven't checked), or if the patch is available in the WebOS Internals patches feed, WOSQI or Preware to download and install the patch.

The above post was merely a suggestion that someone create a patch (probably me if I have time), but to my knowledge no such patch has been released.
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    A patch is a file that contains the modifications made to a system file to change its behaviour in some way. To apply the patch, you need to have software to do so, as the stock webOS is not designed to be "patched" by third parties. To apply a patch you need a patch file and either WOSQI or Internalz Pro (or possible Preware, I haven't checked), or if the patch is available in the WebOS Internals patches feed, WOSQI or Preware to download and install the patch.

The above post was merely a suggestion that someone create a patch (probably me if I have time), but to my knowledge no such patch has been released.

Thanks for explaining
    blah. i see same here.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    My friend and I are having the same issue on our HP TouchPads. Started around midnight Eastern time last night. Please update this thread if there's a fix, a JustType patch, etc. Also, please help me make some noise on the Google Forums. Maybe we'll get someone's attention over there.
    zubiaur likes this.
    It's nice to know I'm the only one having this problem.

I don't see the point of having a "mobile" version of the site regardless of who's fault it is now that its stuck that way. The whole point of larger resolution screens and larger physical screens on mobile phones (not even counting tablets, you should get desktop view on tablets period. thats the whole point of a tablet) ws to get a full desktop experience on your phone. Heck that's even touted as a feature..mobile internet is like for legacy phones..Not for tablets.
    I am having the same issue, its very annoying!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast