Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree12Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by thepook View Post
    Thank you manlyman120. You didn't say if it was your inquiry that got this on their radar, but nice work. I never patched and it is working just fine now. Even reads client Palm-OS IN URL.
    No problem! Not sure I can take credit, but the fix did seem to coincide with a large number of us making noise on the Google Forums. That seems to be the best way to get issues resolved.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Just remains to be fixed on the Pre3 and maybe other Pre flavours.
    Palm Pilot > IIIc > Vx > LifeDrive > [Nokia N800 > N810] > Pre > Veer > Pre 3 + TouchPad
    When logging in to GMail on the TP, the progress bar gets to about 85% and then stops. The only way to get it to complete is to select Basic HTML at the bottom of the Panel.

I think this is a recent change as I have only seen the problem in the last week or so.

Is this a related problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wheel_nut View Post
    When logging in to GMail on the TP, the progress bar gets to about 85% and then stops. The only way to get it to complete is to select Basic HTML at the bottom of the Panel.

I think this is a recent change as I have only seen the problem in the last week or so.

Is this a related problem?
    This isn't a TP only problem. It doesn't work on Sony smart TVs either. I think there may be a way to force it to use the smartphone version, much like Gmail Offline on a PC in Chrome, but I don't remember the link. I think it has a "mu" at the end.
    Phone fix for JustType:

just delete the /m in the default URL so it will be this when searching 'TEST'

TEST - Google-Suche

It will default to the "old" mobile search with tabs and direct links.

Add this URL into the Opensearch Generator plugin Page:
    searchplugins.net - search plugins for ie, firefox, seamonkey, chrome - Generate Search Plugins

Then wait until browser adds this new engine to your search engines, then use this newly generated as default justtype engine. Mord in this here:
    Add ANY website to Just Type search [webOS 2.0 & 3.0] | webOS Nation - Add ANY website to Just Type search [webOS 2.0 & 3.0] | webOS Nation

this seems only to fix the justtype search problem, not the autosearch when typing in browser.
    additionally to above justtype fix:

Bigass hacking in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.browser/..../preferences-assistant.jsjsjs *$in$ $2$ $paragraphs$, $for$ $phones$ $standard$ $search$ $in$ $browser$.

First change the id and name to google mobile and delete the /m from the url:
    PreferencesAssistant.DefaultSearchProvider = {
    id: 'google mobile',
    title: $L('Google mobile'),
    weburl: $L('http://www.google.com/search?client=ms-palm-webOS&channel=bm&q=#{query}')
    };
    Then always push the default value "google mobile" into the list of possible values in the browser preferences page:

// Assume a default search list and if we have a success then populate with the real deal.
    var searchEngines = [];
    if (status && response && response.webSearchList && response.webSearchList[Mojo.Locale.current]) {
    searchEngines = response.webSearchList[Mojo.Locale.current];
    } else {
    searchEngines.push(PreferencesAssistant.DefaultSearchProvider);
    }
    searchEngines.push(PreferencesAssistant.DefaultSearchProvider);

searchEngines.each(function(engine)
    After that luna restart, open browser go to preferences and select the third "google mobile" value. Here you go !!!!

I don't recommend anyone doing this, but it works.
    for me these 2 posts above bring back the whole old google search functions on phones.
    I feel iffy about hardcoding values. It'll break any patches that need the file. The better idea is to edit the source where the search providers are pulled from.
  9. B/B
    So it seems that Google search is back to normal (classic) using my address bar. At least for me.
    It's also working fine with just type.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    I feel iffy about hardcoding values. It'll break any patches that need the file. The better idea is to edit the source where the search providers are pulled from.
    As i said, i don't recommend anyone doing this. But as there is no fix for phones right now and i use these searches a lot, this is the way i can continue to work as usual.

If someone can come up with small app pushing an editable search provider to the DB (as shown in the preferences file) and adding an editable JustType search provider(incl. suggest function), this would be best. Btw. this is also a whishlist function missing in webOS from the beginning on.

Unchanged for now google on phones still uses the real basic searchoutput when searched with that /m in the URL, which is hardcoded in phone OS. So that "google fixed it"-reports only seem to apply to touchpad.
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo21 View Post
    So that "google fixed it"-reports only seem to apply to touchpad.
    Google is aware of our remaining issue on webOS phones.
    Apparently, they are working on something:
    "Palm Pre folks - we're making a change for the Palm Pre very, very soon, and you'll be getting a new and improved experience after that. Please hang in there just a bit longer!"
    See this Google Search forum.
    Palm V --> Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre --> HP TouchPad + HP Pre 3
    ----------
    http://r-ko.us/webos
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    It is fixed for the phones now as well
    Palm V --> Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre --> HP TouchPad + HP Pre 3
    ----------
    http://r-ko.us/webos
    aye saw this earlier.

Google Groups

someone called Jacqueline N mentioning the fix for touchpad then later the pre3, was nice to see them catering to our minority tbh.
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345