Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 93
Like Tree12Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkous View Post
    Hi Mojo8, you should download it using a PC and either install it using webOS Quick Install, or copy it to your TouchPad and install it from there using Preware or Internalz. Don't forget you restart Luna after you installed the patch.

    Thanks rkous , I will give that a try and keep you posted !


    Cheers


    Mojo8
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkous View Post
    Hi Mojo8, you should download it using a PC and either install it using webOS Quick Install, or copy it to your TouchPad and install it from there using Preware or Internalz. Don't forget you restart Luna after you installed the patch.
    This worked perfectly I am back and running as usual ... Thanks again rkous , after downloading the webos quick install it took a few minutes and all good . One question though, do I have to turn off anything on the TP I changed such as developer mode ? Or can I keep it on with no issues ?


    Cheers


    Mojo8
  3. Jonny.A's Avatar
    Posts
    28 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    Not sure I'd recommend using a static replacement. There will be entries that differ across systems that have different applications installed. I can't say for certain what problems/errors may crop up as a result from the erroneous entries.

    I built a quick package to change the file mentioned above. I guarantee nothing & will generally not be supporting issues or problems people think were caused by this. Strictly use at your own risk. Tested briefly on my own device.

    Two flavors:
    This looks great thanks, but how does it work? Can we see the .patch, or is this dome somehow else - sqlite magic performed in the pre/postinst scripts, perhaps? I don't seem to have a tool to unpack ipkgs to see what's inside.

    I ask because I'm considering using this on my Pre 3 and would also like to change the string passed to Google anyway to my local version.
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo8 View Post
    This worked perfectly I am back and running as usual ... Thanks again rkous , after downloading the webos quick install it took a few minutes and all good . One question though, do I have to turn off anything on the TP I changed such as developer mode ? Or can I keep it on with no issues ?


    Cheers


    Mojo8
    I'm not sure whether there is any performance or security impact when leaving it on, so I would turn dev mode off again, just to be on the safe side. In webOS v3 you don't even have to reboot to enable or disable it, so why leave it on?
    Palm V --> Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre --> HP TouchPad + HP Pre 3
    ----------
    http://r-ko.us/webos
  5. #65  
    is there a way to have these patches for webos phones?
    There we now also have the "advanced" mobile search without real tabs and weird cutdown result links. But the difference is that phones would better to use with a mobile search/resultpage but then getting links to the real pages instead of those googlemobilized pages.
  6. #66  
    Google appears to have fixed the problem!
  7. #67  
    i used Jonny's basic fix and its working fine again! thanks for the effort to solve a really irritating problem!!
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  8. #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by DazWilkin View Post
    Here's a revised OpenSearch provider for Google search for "Just Type" (only) on the TouchPad. Per the suggestion in this thread, it appends "&nomo=1" to search strings. It's called "Google (NoMo)" to help you differentiate it.

    Open the URL and wait a few seconds for the "Web Search Engine Available" notification to appear:

    Google search for HP TouchPad

    Unfortunately, it only works for "Just Type" as I'm unable to determine why the new search provider does not appear in the browser's preferences. If anyone knows how to fix this, let me know.

    WORKED for ME! Thank goodness lol and thank you!!
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkous View Post
    Hi bi0tech, thanks so much for creating those ipk's. I just installed one of them with Preware.
    Just one question, since I don't see that I installed the package in Preware (it doesn't show up in the installed packages list), how do I uninstall it (if I ever wanted to)? Run the same package again?
    Cheers...
    I just found the answer to my own question: the package *is* available in Preware after you installed it; it is in the "Unknown" list. From there you can remove it. (Of course, you can also find it using the search function in Preware, under the name "Google mobile fix".)
    Palm V --> Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre --> HP TouchPad + HP Pre 3
    ----------
    http://r-ko.us/webos
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonny.A View Post
    This looks great thanks, but how does it work? Can we see the .patch, or is this dome somehow else - sqlite magic performed in the pre/postinst scripts, perhaps? I don't seem to have a tool to unpack ipkgs to see what's inside.

    I ask because I'm considering using this on my Pre 3 and would also like to change the string passed to Google anyway to my local version.
    You can open an ipk with an unzip utility (e.g. 7zip).
    And indeed, it works by updating the SQLite db with some SQL statements.
    Palm V --> Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre --> HP TouchPad + HP Pre 3
    ----------
    http://r-ko.us/webos
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by rkous View Post
    You can open an ipk with an unzip utility (e.g. 7zip).
    And indeed, it works by updating the SQLite db with some SQL statements.
    7-Zip only opens part of the file, and for me it didn't even open this one properly.

    Sidenote: I never knew there was a SQLite executable on the system. I was considering using luna-send to update it.
  12. #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by manlyman120 View Post
    Google appears to have fixed the problem!
    Yippiiee... you're right! Just removed the patches with Preware, restart the device and tried by search using Just Type and voila...!
  13. #73  
    I was getting mobile versions of other sites too, such as Woot and Engadget. Those are looking normal again today. They must use some Google API.

    The good part of this is that messages on this topic have shown me where the default browser search choice is stored. I can try to change it to DuckDuckGo.
  14. #74  
    I think most of the questions I saw were answered already.

    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    7-Zip only opens part of the file, and for me it didn't even open this one properly.
    The ipk's are the same format as debian package archives. Either use "ar" utililty on *nix/cygwin or rename the file with the extension .deb and 7zip should open it properly.
  15. #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    The ipk's are the same format as debian package archives. Either use "ar" utililty on *nix/cygwin or rename the file with the extension .deb and 7zip should open it properly.
    Tried that a long time ago, and it never worked. And I don't want to hunt down a copy of ar either. Good thing I rarely need the control portion of the IPK, as that's what usually doesn't show up.
  16. #76  
    Thank you manlyman120. You didn't say if it was your inquiry that got this on their radar, but nice work. I never patched and it is working just fine now. Even reads client Palm-OS IN URL.
  17. #77  
    Issue of mobile formatting on my touchpad has gone...however, the proper google sit is trying to load and isn't formatting properly. I guess its the best we can do.

    now to fix the phones?
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  18. #78  
    we need a phone patch..
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    Issue of mobile formatting on my touchpad has gone...however, the proper google sit is trying to load and isn't formatting properly. I guess its the best we can do.

    now to fix the phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmboy View Post
    we need a phone patch..
    These were not the comments I was hoping to find, as I read through the thread. I just noticed this yesterday on my Pre3.....and I can't say I'm really happy about it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    These were not the comments I was hoping to find, as I read through the thread. I just noticed this yesterday on my Pre3.....and I can't say I'm really happy about it.
    I'm not sure I understand the issue you're having, but if it's on Google's end, I recommend you reply to Jacqueline N. in this thread:

    http://productforums.google.com/d/to...Ijc/discussion
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions