Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    +1 I had blamed my wife for messing it up. So I apologized.
    Quote Originally Posted by bi0tech View Post
    Restart Luna or reboot. The browser search should fix immediately, the global one from the just type bar needs a luna restart/reboot. I updated the package files to prompt a luna restart. If you feel the need to reinstall the package, I suggest removing it first.
    DUH!
    Thanks for that tip. I thought I did restart Luna but well....I guess I didn't!
    Now it works perfect.
    Thank you for making that little ninja-patch (script?)

Martin :-)
    Last edited by martinjochimsen; 08/19/2012 at 01:13 PM.
    here recently google comes up as the mobile version and has a very abbreviated searches. Any way of getting standard google back as the default?
    search the forum, there's a thread about it already...
    Proud Veer and Touchpad owner
    Thank you for your convenient solution to this irritating change by Google. My browser is functional once again!
    Anyone wanting a different fix (because this has been bugging me too), I added a workaround to the browser files on my TouchPad which can be applied with Internalz.

Open up /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs, $and$ $find$ $the$ $urlChanged$ $function$ $about$ $halfway$ $through$ $the$ $file$, $before$ $the$ $three$ $lines$ $within$ $the$ $function$ $add$:
    Code:
    if (this.url.indexOf("google.com/search?") > -1 && this.url.indexOf("nomo") < 0){
    this.url += "\&nomo=1";
    }
    So the full urlChanged function should read:
    Code:
    urlChanged: function() {
    if (this.url.indexOf("google.com/search?") > -1 && this.url.indexOf("nomo") < 0){
    this.url += "\&nomo=1";
    }
    this.$.view.setUrl(this.url);
    this.$.actionbar.setLoading(true);
    this.$.actionbar.setUrl(this.url);
    }
    Luna restart and boom.

Changing the DB entry is neater, but this accomplishes the same thing.
    Not sure I'd recommend using a static replacement. There will be entries that differ across systems that have different applications installed. I can't say for certain what problems/errors may crop up as a result from the erroneous entries.

I built a quick package to change the file mentioned above. I guarantee nothing & will generally not be supporting issues or problems people think were caused by this. Strictly use at your own risk. Tested briefly on my own device.

Two flavors:
    Great fix ,works well, many thanks
    Not sure I'd recommend using a static replacement. There will be entries that differ across systems that have different applications installed. I can't say for certain what problems/errors may crop up as a result from the erroneous entries.

I built a quick package to change the file mentioned above. I guarantee nothing & will generally not be supporting issues or problems people think were caused by this. Strictly use at your own risk. Tested briefly on my own device.

Two flavors:
    Any chance this fixes advanced browser as well?
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Any chance this fixes advanced browser as well?
    If Advanced Browser uses Just Type, then yes. Otherwise, no. (I don't have a copy, so I don't know.)
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by wedders View Post
    Anyone wanting a different fix (because this has been bugging me too), I added a workaround to the browser files on my TouchPad which can be applied with Internalz.

Open up /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.browser/source/Browser.jsjsjs, $and$ $find$ $the$ $urlChanged$ $function$ $about$ $halfway$ $through$ $the$ $file$, $before$ $the$ $three$ $lines$ $within$ $the$ $function$ $add$:
    Code:
    this.url += "\&nomo=1";
    }
    Code:
    this.url += "\&nomo=1";
    }
    }
    Luna restart and boom.

This seems really inefficient, because you're running the extra code every time you load a page.
    Global Posts
    332 Global Posts
    The thread mentioned by Grasshopper is called "Issues with Google auto search" (unfortunately copying a threads url doesn't work with communities)

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Preł (iPhone 4), TouchPad 32 GB (PlayBook 16 GB)
    Here's a revised OpenSearch provider for Google search for "Just Type" (only) on the TouchPad. Per the suggestion in this thread, it appends "&nomo=1" to search strings. It's called "Google (NoMo)" to help you differentiate it.

Open the URL and wait a few seconds for the "Web Search Engine Available" notification to appear:

Google search for HP TouchPad

Unfortunately, it only works for "Just Type" as I'm unable to determine why the new search provider does not appear in the browser's preferences. If anyone knows how to fix this, let me know.
    Last edited by DazWilkin; 08/20/2012 at 12:08 PM.

Two flavors:
    Great stuff, Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wedders View Post

Code:
    this.url += "\&nomo=1";
    }
    Code:
    this.url += "\&nomo=1";
    }
    }
    Luna restart and boom.

This worked great for me, just wanted to add that I needed to turn master mode on in Internalz in order to be able to make changes to the file.
    That might be the post you're looking for.

Two flavors:
    Hi,

This is the type of fix I would like , and I have seen some users have made it work .... I tried the download both Basic and with https ... but my TP says it cannot open MIME files .. I have not done any overclocking or adding pre-ware or any alterations to the TP ..is there a software downlaod or app I need use/download to open this file ? Thanks for your effort with this screwed up issue !

Cheers

Mojo8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo8 View Post
    Hi,

This is the type of fix I would like , and I have seen some users have made it work .... I tried the download both Basic and with https ... but my TP says it cannot open MIME files .. I have not done any overclocking or adding pre-ware or any alterations to the TP ..is there a software downlaod or app I need use/download to open this file ? Thanks for your effort with this screwed up issue !

Cheers

Mojo8
    Hi Mojo8, you should download it using a PC and either install it using webOS Quick Install, or copy it to your TouchPad and install it from there using Preware or Internalz. Don't forget you restart Luna after you installed the patch.
    Palm V --> Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre --> HP TouchPad + HP Pre 3
    ----------
    http://r-ko.us/webos
    Mojo8 likes this.

Two flavors:
    Hi bi0tech, thanks so much for creating those ipk's. I just installed one of them with Preware.
    Just one question, since I don't see that I installed the package in Preware (it doesn't show up in the installed packages list), how do I uninstall it (if I ever wanted to)? Run the same package again?
    Cheers...
    Palm V --> Treo 650 --> Treo 680 --> Palm Pre --> HP TouchPad + HP Pre 3
    ----------
    http://r-ko.us/webos

Two flavors:
    You should submit this to Preware patch feed so others can have access to it. It's the first "official" patch of its kind.
    <threads merged>
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast