1.    #1  
    ive had this 2x before i think, tho quite some time and several webOS versions ago, i am now faced with "Restore Required" thought something was a bit weird when my audio stopped working even after multiple reboots and any app relying or needing sound just crashed instantly.

weird part is the touchpad is still turned on and i can actually use my apps etc, its just that something has gone a bit wrong somewhere, my messages/logs is also filled with LOTS of repeating messages.

heres some of the log messages, im not posting the lot as there doesnt seem to be a point spamming the same messages so only showing differing ones.

Code:
    2012-08-13T21:38:01.255609Z [817] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: 2338 (LunaSysMgr) PJSON src/pjson_c/jparse_stream.c:336 :: state machine indicates invalid input
    2012-08-13T21:38:01.256755Z [817] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: 2338 (LunaSysMgr) PJSON src/pjson_c/jparse_stream.c:368 :: Parser failure
    2012-08-13T21:38:01.257331Z [817] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: 2338 (LunaSysMgr) PJSON src/pjson_c/jschema.c:445 :: Not a valid schema - accepting no inputs: {"type":"object","properties":{"id":{"type":"string"},"target":{"type":"string"},"mime":{"type":"string"},"params":{"type":[{"type":"object"},{"type":"string"}]"},"authToken":{"type":"object"},"deviceId":{"type":"object"},"overrideHandlerAppId":{"type":"string"},"fileName":{"type":"string"},"$activity":{"type":"object","optional":true}},"additionalProperties":false}
    2012-08-13T21:38:02.622441Z [818] webos-device user.emerg hidd: changing scan rate to 100 hz 
    2012-08-13T21:38:03.240643Z [819] webos-device user.crit LunaSysMgr: {LunaSysMgrJS}: com.shiftyaxel.wifisharing: Window Deactivated., file:///usr/palm/frameworks/enyo/1.0/framework/build/enyo-build.jsjsjs:$72$
    $2012$-$08$-$13T21$:$38$:$17$.$431442Z$ [$833$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$crit$ $ls$-$hubd$: {$ls$-$hubd$.$public$}: $File$ $error$ ($check$ $JSON$): $undefined$/$roles$/$pub$/$ca$.$canucksoftware$.$filemgr$.$json$
    $2012$-$08$-$13T21$:$38$:$17$.$431547Z$ [$833$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$crit$ $ls$-$hubd$: {$ls$-$hubd$.$public$}: $Unable$ $to$ $push$ $role$ ($requester$ $pid$: &$quot$;$3264$&$quot$;, $requester$ $exe$: &$quot$;/$usr$/$palm$/$nodejs$/$node$&$quot$;, $requester$ $cmdline$: &$quot$;$ca$.$canucksoftware$.$filemgr$.$js$&$quot$;)
    $2012$-$08$-$13T21$:$38$:$17$.$437044Z$ [$833$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$crit$ $ls$-$hubd$: {$ls$-$hubd$.$private$}: $Error$ $in$ /$home$/$reviewdaemon$/$projects$/$nova$/$oe$/$BUILD$-$topaz$/$work$/$luna$-$service2$-$2$.$0$.$0$-$136$/$palm$/$submissions$/$136$/$src$/$hub$/$security$.$c$:$1011$
    $2012$-$08$-$13T21$:$38$:$17$.$437227Z$ [$833$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$crit$ $ls$-$hubd$: {$ls$-$hubd$.$private$}: $No$ $such$ $file$ $or$ $directory$
    $2012$-$08$-$13T21$:$38$:$18$.$072250Z$ [$833$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$err$ $mojodb$-$luna$[$1944$]: [$core$.$messageService$] $db$ $not$ $open$ (-$988$) - $sender$='$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$ $1005$' $method$='$find$' $payload$='{&$quot$;$query$&$quot$;:{&$quot$;$from$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messagingprefs$:$1$&$quot$;},&$quot$;$watch$&$quot$;:$true$}'
    $2012$-$08$-$13T21$:$38$:$18$.$209304Z$ [$833$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$err$ $mojodb$-$luna$[$1944$]: [$core$.$messageService$] $db$ $not$ $open$ (-$988$) - $sender$='$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$ $1005$' $method$='$find$' $payload$='{&$quot$;$query$&$quot$;:{&$quot$;$from$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$com$.$palm$.$account$:$1$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$where$&$quot$;:[{&$quot$;$op$&$quot$;:&$quot$;=&$quot$;,&$quot$;$prop$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$capabilityProviders$.$capability$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$val$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$MESSAGING$&$quot$;},{&$quot$;$op$&$quot$;:&$quot$;=&$quot$;,&$quot$;$prop$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$beingDeleted$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$val$&$quot$;:$false$}]},&$quot$;$watch$&$quot$;:$true$}'
    $2012$-$08$-$13T21$:$38$:$18$.$930378Z$ [$834$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$err$ $mojodb$-$luna$[$1944$]: [$core$.$messageService$] $db$ $not$ $open$ (-$988$) - $sender$='$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$ $1005$' $method$='$find$' $payload$='{&$quot$;$query$&$quot$;:{&$quot$;$desc$&$quot$;:$true$,&$quot$;$from$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$com$.$palm$.$message$:$1$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$limit$&$quot$;:$1$,&$quot$;$orderBy$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$readRevSet$&$quot$;},&$quot$;$watch$&$quot$;:$true$}'
    $2012$-$08$-$13T21$:$38$:$19$.$448530Z$ [$835$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$err$ $mojodb$-$luna$[$1944$]: [$core$.$messageService$] $db$ $not$ $open$ (-$988$) - $sender$='$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$ $1005$' $method$='$find$' $payload$='{&$quot$;$query$&$quot$;:{&$quot$;$from$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$com$.$palm$.$carrierdb$.$settings$.$current$:$1$&$quot$;},&$quot$;$watch$&$quot$;:$true$}'
    $2012$-$08$-$13T21$:$38$:$19$.$448653Z$ [$835$] $webos$-$device$ $user$.$err$ $mojodb$-$luna$[$1944$]: [$core$.$messageService$] $db$ $not$ $open$ (-$988$) - $sender$='$com$.$palm$.$app$.$messaging$ $1005$' $method$='$find$' $payload$='{&$quot$;$query$&$quot$;:{&$quot$;$from$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$com$.$palm$.$imcommand$:$1$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$where$&$quot$;:[{&$quot$;$op$&$quot$;:&$quot$;=&$quot$;,&$quot$;$prop$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$command$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$val$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$receivedBuddyInvite$&$quot$;},{&$quot$;$op$&$quot$;:&$quot$;=&$quot$;,&$quot$;$prop$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$handler$&$quot$;,&$quot$;$val$&$quot$;:&$quot$;$application$&$quot$;}]},&$quot$;$watch$&$quot$;:$true$}'
    mostly the logs are filled with messaging/phone/systemui/etc apps all failing in some form, any chance someone can tell from what little is there (probably nothing of any real help as i have all the usual log removal patches).

also is it possible to turn off the dreaded restore required selfwipe so when it finally reboots i dont lose everything?
    Touchpad Keyboard Themes - >> Click Me <<
  2.    #2  
    quick addition/dumb idea!!!

if i move my palm application folder to /media/internal into a hidden folder (.something) am i right in that they dont seem to get wiped out after a doctor?

im sure ive had some folder/files survive a doctor before? if that does work it would mean i dont lose some of my apps i cant re-aquire via the store.

or am i dreaming!
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    quick addition/dumb idea!!!

if i move my palm application folder to /media/internal into a hidden folder (.something) am i right in that they dont seem to get wiped out after a doctor?

im sure ive had some folder/files survive a doctor before? if that does work it would mean i dont lose some of my apps i cant re-aquire via the store.

or am i dreaming!
    Well, it would be extremely inefficient. It'll take hours to copy the apps folder if you've got a lot of apps. Something you can try is to TAR up your /var so you have a backup of the encryption key for cryptofs, and then do the restore. I've never tried it myself, plus I don't know what impact it would have on Mojo DB, but if you want to try to retain some data, you can try that.

(Chances are you can rename the .palm folder, back up the encryption key, and after restoring put back the encryption key and rename the folder back in ramdisk mode.)
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Well, it would be extremely inefficient. It'll take hours to copy the apps folder if you've got a lot of apps. Something you can try is to TAR up your /var so you have a backup of the encryption key for cryptofs, and then do the restore. I've never tried it myself, plus I don't know what impact it would have on Mojo DB, but if you want to try to retain some data, you can try that.

(Chances are you can rename the .palm folder, back up the encryption key, and after restoring put back the encryption key and rename the folder back in ramdisk mode.)
    copy yes but a move operation with internalz seems to have worked instantly, i just tried moving to my /media/internal/.themes folder and the move operation was instant and yeah ive currently got about 9.2gb of apps in there.

the /var folder im not sure about sounds a good idea but ive had the application database issue a lot of late as well and ended up manually deleting files to free some space, its been a recurring problem of late but i sort of knew how to quick fix it, im kind of worried i may end up archiving more than just what i need and i may end up speeding up the application db issue.
    /media/cryptofs is, as the path indicates, encrypted. The actual files are in /media/internal/.palm, and if you look in there you'll find a lot of Base64 encoded names and gibberish if you look inside the file with an hex editor. webOS Doctor deletes the .palm folder and formats /var as a part of the restore process. So if you want to keep your apps, you can either copy everything out of /media/cryptofs or when you're ready to do the restore boot to installer ramdisk mode and mount /media/internal, mv .palm something_else, and TAR up /var. Do note /var is actually a partition mounted inside the root filesystem, so make sure to mount it before copying or else you won't have anything.
  6.    #6  
    legend cheers for the info.