Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Herrie
  1.    #1  
    Hi there

This is my first post here in this forum, but I have been following Palm and WebOS for a looong time.
    I know my question has been asked before, but all the entries are quiet old.
    I have a friend that is going to Boston tomorrow for a week. I will ask him to look for a Touchpad for me, but I don't know where to send him???
    I can also order it on the internet and get it shipped to his Hotel.
    Are there any places today where it can get bought for max 250 dollars?
    Today I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (the first slim version) - also bought in the States, but my true feelings have always been towards Palm and today WebOS! :-D
    I live in Denmark, so I never got the chance to see the Touchpad in real life. Maybe it wil happen now?
    Thank you for your help and thanks for a great community.

Martin Jochimsen :-)
    It won't be found in brick-and-mortar stores, but ebay.com and amazon.com (well known shopping sites) are flooded with touchpads last time I checked.

It's possible some sellers wont ship to Denmark, but to your friend shouldn't be problematic
    Geeks.com had some as of yesterday

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    It won't be found in brick-and-mortar stores, but ebay.com and amazon.com (well known shopping sites) are flooded with touchpads last time I checked.
    Okay. I'll check ebay....and Geeks.com

:-)

EDIT: It seems that Geeks still got it for 199 dollars.
    Now I just need the adress for for friends hotel in Boston.
    Thanks for the FAST input. :-)
    Last edited by martinjochimsen; 08/01/2012 at 05:39 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    Okay. I'll check ebay....and Geeks.com

:-)

EDIT: It seems that Geeks still got it for 199 dollars.
    Now I just need the adress for for friends hotel in Boston.
    Thanks for the FAST input. :-)

:-(
    Got the adress today and now it's sold out.
    Any other ideas?
    amazon shows 16gig for 249, 32gig for 290
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    :-(
    Got the adress today and now it's sold out.
    Any other ideas?
    This guy had a 32gb for sale few days ago for a very good price.
    Mon Monde eBay - tmonk27
    Or look here for deals in the EU zone
    hp touchpad | eBay
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vity Traff View Post
    This guy had a 32gb for sale few days ago for a very good price.
    Mon Monde eBay - tmonk27
    Or look here for deals in the EU zone
    hp touchpad | eBay
    Thanks again for the input.
    I bought a Touchpad today on the american eBay for 175 dollars (refurbished). Now I just hope it will show up in time at my friends hotel before he goes back to Denmark! :-)

What should be the first thing I should do when I get the TP?
    I have rootet and flashed another ROM on my Galaxy tablet, so I'm not affraid to get my hands dirty!
    I know nothing about Homebrew, but I guess it's kind of similar to the android communitie when it comes to root 'n flash?
    No need to root! This is webOS! Just enter 'webos20090606' in the Just Type bar and you'll get the option to enable "Developer Mode"! This is all you need to allow homebrew to be installed!

After this you can use webOS QuickInstall to install Preware (webOS Homebrew App and Patches catalog so to say).

Preware has a TON of apps, patches etc

You can also check the getting started guide for more tips
    Last edited by Herrie; 08/03/2012 at 12:49 AM.
    HP Veer (daily driver), HP Pre 3, HP Touchpad Proper 4G/LTE (Sierra MC7710), HP Touchpad 32GB WiFi, Palm Pre 2
    Rnp likes this.
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I know Woot.com has them when they have Woot Offs. I don't think that will be in time for you though.

Check Walmart.com, Amazon.com, ebay.
    Also use the shopping search on Bing or Google. During the fire sale my family picked up a couple from places we hadn't heard of before by simply searching.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Herrie View Post
    No need to root! This is webOS! Just enter 'webos20090606' in the Just Type bar and you'll get the option to enable "Developer Mode"! This is all you need to allow homebrew to be installed!

After this you can use webOS QuickInstall to install Preware (webOS Homebrew App and Patches catalog so to say).

Preware has a TON of apps, patches etc

You can also check the getting started guide for more tips
    Fantastic!!!
    Thanks for all the tips.
    I will for sure be back with a new thread when I get my TP

Martin :-)