1.    #1  
    I just got my Touchpad back from getting repaired(after like 3 months...) and it won't stay on. It's completely stock, I barely had a chance to even put anything on. I let it sleep for a few minutes and it dies on me. If it sleeps and gets stuck and I leave it overnight the battery will be dead.

Is there anything I can do? I already doctored with the latest software, I'm going to go to 3.0.4 and see if that helps.
    Is it working at this time? If so, you may want to get Dr. Battery from Preware to check your battery life.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Is it working at this time? If so, you may want to get Dr. Battery from Preware to check your battery life.
    Ok, I just put it on. Nothing looks too out of the ordinary right now, health is at 95%. What should I look for? Or should I let it run for awhile?
    Hmm... The battery health may be normal. What are the two mAh numbers?
    If you have Govnah, open it up and keep it on for a while. Watch the battery current and load average graphs. My TP is drawing around 500-650 mA without running anything and the middle load average is around 2.4.
  5.    #5  
    Hmm... The battery health may be normal. What are the two mAh numbers?
    If you have Govnah, open it up and keep it on for a while. Watch the battery current and load average graphs. My TP is drawing around 500-650 mA without running anything and the middle load average is around 2.4.
    Manufacturer rating is 6612 mAh, 6281 is left.

In Govnah the battery current is -545 mA, load average is 1.96 1.73 1.2. I have no idea what any of these numbers mean..
    Your draw is pretty normal in comparison to my TP. In fact, my TP's load average tends to be higher. How long's your battery life and what do you do during such a run?
  7.    #7  
    Your draw is pretty normal in comparison to my TP. In fact, my TP's load average tends to be higher. How long's your battery life and what do you do during such a run?
    I really don't know. I haven't had a chance to really use it. Since I got it back all I've really done is turn it on, charge it, let it sleep and 20 minutes later it doesn't turn on. I haven't used it at all and there's no point to as long as it does this.

It's a completely fresh install of 3.0.5. I just doctored it and its still giving me problems.
    Have you tried doctoring down? Perhaps to 3.0.2? (I know when I had issues on my pre 2, doctoring down fixed it)
    "The best way to get something done is to begin" ~ Author Unknown
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    Have you tried doctoring down? Perhaps to 3.0.2? (I know when I had issues on my pre 2, doctoring down fixed it)
    I just doctored down to 3.0.4, no problems so far. It's been sitting there for an hour and no crashes. I'll let it sit the rest of the day before I really start using it again.

Edit: Nevermind, it won't start. I'll try 3.0.2...
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by AwesomePalmPre127 View Post
    OK, it's on 3.0.2. Funny thing is, it sat for a long time today with the Welcome screen, before I set it up. It hadn't crashed at all then. After I set it up, and turned off the screen it crashed almost instantly.
  11.    #11  
    OK. So I formatted the storage partition, doctored it to the latest software, and made a new Palm profile. It's been sitting about an hour and it's been waking up normally so far. I'll let it sit for the rest of the night and update before I start really using it.

EDIT: Every time I feel hopeful, this thing does it again. I plugged it in to charge, walked away for 20 minutes, came back and pressed the button, NOPE! I don't know what to do.
    Last edited by balderson; 07/29/2012 at 04:25 PM.
    I take it you've tried the multiple button press? I have periodic issues on my 4g where the home button won't wake it up and i have to press it 5-10 times in quick succession to get it to wake up. So far I've not had an issue with it not waking up...
    Touchpad 4G, Pre3
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    I take it you've tried the multiple button press? I have periodic issues on my 4g where the home button won't wake it up and i have to press it 5-10 times in quick succession to get it to wake up. So far I've not had an issue with it not waking up...
    Doesn't seem to work either... I guess I might have to just send it back and wait another 3 months...
    It really does sound like the battery. Have you ever sat there and watched the battery levels? Or do what I'm doing, do what it is that you regularly do, and every few minutes check Govnah for power draw and the battery meter for consumption. (For whatever reason my TP's draw average is around 800-900mAh now, post-Doctor.)
  15.    #15  
    It really does sound like the battery. Have you ever sat there and watched the battery levels? Or do what I'm doing, do what it is that you regularly do, and every few minutes check Govnah for power draw and the battery meter for consumption. (For whatever reason my TP's draw average is around 800-900mAh now, post-Doctor.)
    But it'll still crap out when it's charging, and when I reboot it by holding down home+power for 30 seconds it usually has battery left depending on how soon I turn it back on.
  16.    #16  
    I have a work-around! I installed Android, then installed an app called Wake Lock that prevents it from going into a deep sleep mode but allows me to turn the screen off. I just leave that app running and this works great now. The battery will probably drain much faster now however. But hey, I can use it again.
    There seems to be a common factor to the premature death problems reported in several threads here.

That common factor is Android CM7/ CM9, both of which are known to drain the battery faster than webOS. The problem may be that the current drawn is too high for the automatic shutdown to operate in time when the battery charge falls below the threshhold where webOS forces a shutdown. I don't use CM7/ CM9 but if there is a User setting to raise the point at which shutdown is forced, then it may be prudent to raise this yo (say) 20% rather than the 10% or 5% threshhold that is the default on Windows systems.

Another word of caution: Beware using generic MicroUSB Cables to charge the TouchPad. I have accumulated about 20 cables from various suppliers on eBay and Amazon and ALL of these have inadequate cable guage to carry the 2000mA required by the TouchPad. The cable resistance measures ~ 2-3 Ohms (4 -6 Ohms for the loop) compared with the HP TouchPad Cable which measures < 0.2 Ohms. Whereas the generic cables will carry 100mA for signal and normal Phone use, at 2000mA. the volt drop kills the charging rate of the TouchPad.