Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    As the post said you need to make sure the TouchPad is in developer mode before you connect it via USB to your computer AND you need to select "just charge" when you connect it not "use in USB mode".

I myself have forgot to put in developer mode in the past and assumed all kinds of problems ans would get the message about needing to install the novacom drivers.

Btw developer mode is achieved by typing the following from the just type bar:
    "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" (no quotes).

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post

Win x86: http://downloads.help.palm.com/opens...com-win-32.tgz
    Win x64: http://downloads.help.palm.com/opens...com-win-64.tgz
    Mac: http://downloads.help.palm.com/opens...ovacom-mac.tgz

For the record, the TouchPad is not a native Android device. There are still many imperfections in Android on the TouchPad, such as running the battery down and preventing it from recharging. Flaunting your "Android boot" doesn't make anyone jealous.
    thanks, but
    What am i supposed to do with a tgz file tho?
    it wont open, and webosquick installer wont recognise it either.(it only looks for jar files)

I allready have preware etc on my touchpad, but it was a while ago that i did it, i cant remember all the different methods for doing things.( so many things i do once, then forget... web page design, asus manual update, hp homebrew, etc.. i just cant remember them all)

I just want to get kindle on my webos, thats all. and im still not sure how to do it.
    nothing seems to be working.

as for flaunting, i dont do that, im just not scared to admit when soething works, or doesnt.
    no hidden agendas or fanyboy fancies here.
    Quote Originally Posted by steven_farkas View Post
    this is probably overkill, but I downloaded the webos SDK which also installs the novacom drivers. You could try that - find it here: https://developer.palm.com/index.php...t=page&id=1788
    To my knowledge the SDK has the latest novacom. But you don't get the Java novaterm (PuTTY only on Windows, with PDK).

Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Btw developer mode is achieved by typing the following from the just type bar:
    "upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart" (no quotes).
    I like going into Device Info -> Custom Application... -> ##devmode#. It's faster.
    Quote Originally Posted by theVenerable View Post
    thanks, but
    What am i supposed to do with a tgz file tho?
    it wont open, and webosquick installer wont recognise it either.(it only looks for jar files)

I allready have preware etc on my touchpad, but it was a while ago that i did it, i cant remember all the different methods for doing things.( so many things i do once, then forget... web page design, asus manual update, hp homebrew, etc.. i just cant remember them all)

I just want to get kindle on my webos, thats all. and im still not sure how to do it.
    nothing seems to be working.

as for flaunting, i dont do that, im just not scared to admit when soething works, or doesnt.
    no hidden agendas or fanyboy fancies here.
    Use an archiver like 7-Zip. BTW if your Preware works, you can just load the IPK on your TouchPad through USB Drive mode and install it from Preware using the option in the app menu. If you have Internalz Pro you can also navigate to where you copied the file and tap on its icon (old Palm logo) to install.
  5.    #25  
    ok.. i had to unzip the tgz file twice, then just run the installer myself..
    i think its installed the driver, now i will follow the rest of the instructions and report back hopefully with good news.
  6.    #26  
    At last!
    It really was as simple as tranfering the ipk fie onto my touchpad and then installing with preware.

I could of course just have read kindle books on my android boot, but i think webos looks better than android.

Webos is like a nice comfortable plush chair that doesnt do much, but it good at what it does do.
    Android is a bit less comfortable, but has lots of buttons, like captain kirks chair.
    lol

anyway, im glad its done.
    The webos kindle isnt as advanced as the android kindle, there are a few key options missing, like linespacing.

Glad to have it tho.
    Thanks for all the help, i dont think i will forget the preware instalation method for the future.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12