1.    #1  
    My HP touchpad shows up on my computer as "Removable Disc J:." The problem is when I click on it, I cannot open the files, it says I have to "Format Disc" and if I hit cancel, it says that the files cannot be accessed. I noticed that it shows up as that before I put it into USB mode though, and after I do it still says the same thing either way. Just a possible thing.
  2.    #2  
    If anyone happens to have this problem, the solution I found was to go to the device info and hit "reset options" and then do the full reset or whatever. NOT the Secure full reset. It's a waste of your time. I then managed it overtime as I put it into USB mode and it showed up as HP Touchpad Thanks for the other posters of WebOs! Fantastic Help. Hope this helps someones tablet problems.
    Hmm... If you had shell access you could have tried fs-ck (remove dash) and see what it said. I'd always try to fix the problem before nuking it.
    Might also be the windows drive for the fs didn't load, maybetry as simple a fix as a different USB port so windows has to try loading the driver again

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    As said above, sometimes I have to unplug and plug back in a few times to get windows to properly recognize... I switch between ports when doing this.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...