1.    #1  
    Van den Nieuwenhuizen, who grew up in Birrong near Bankstown, moved from Sydney to Milan around 2001 to be at the centre of the design world. He worked for Motorola in Milan and Chicago, before jumping ship to HP in August 2007.
    The HP TouchPad was the biggest product van den Nieuwenhuizen has worked on. He was the lead designer out of hundreds on the TouchPad team.
    The tablet computer went on sale in the US in July last year and in Australia on August 15 last year. But just days after the Australian launch the product was discontinued by the company, with the remaining stock sold off for $99 a piece in a fire sale.
    "I usually don't say much about it because it's a shame how the CEO shut it down really quickly when it had potential," he said.
    Although he designed the product, van den Nieuwenhuizen said that HP chose the wrong display - "it was a little bit thicker" - and launched it at the wrong time.
    "It was unfortunate for them Apple came out right when they were ready to launch and they were much thinner. HP really had some brilliant stuff in the pipeline and if they stuck with it I think they could've done quite well."
    The failure of the TouchPad was the spark that caused van den Nieuwenhuizen to leave HP and launch Hidden Radio, which he'd already been developing in the background.
    Now, HP's decision to kill the product that van den Nieuwenhuizen poured his heart and soul into is fast becoming the best thing to happen to his career.

Read more: Hidden gem: sound design gives Aussie a winning edge
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

What's so special about his speakers? I saw ones that look and operate just like those at a store a couple weeks ago, for about $50 .. and the sound utterly blew me away.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    What's so special about his speakers? I saw ones that look and operate just like those at a store a couple weeks ago, for about $50 .. and the sound utterly blew me away.
    NFI
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    "HP really had some brilliant stuff in the pipeline and if they stuck with it I think they could've done quite well."
    I have heard this from so many current and former HP/Palm employees. So damn sad what Apotheker did.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...