Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By xandros9
  • 1 Post By GMMan
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    http://i.imgur.com/mFYJJ.jpg

I think I might take 1st place for the worst screen. Not only do I have an entire row of dead/stuck pixels(1/3 down from top), but I just got this massive band of noise today.

I have never dropped this thing. 99% of the time it sits on my desk in the HP Folio Case with a screen protector.

Looks like I'll be testing out HP's RMA process for the first time.
    Interesting... to me it looks like modern city skyline, with the WTC towers in front
    I don't think your screen is the problem, it's the connection somewhere behind it...
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I thought the wallpaper was part of the problem at first...
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    racerchick likes this.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    I thought the wallpaper was part of the problem at first...
    It's one of the stock HP wallpapers.

Also, I was able to make the band go away by pressing on the back. I can make it come back by pressing on front...

No change to the row of stuck pixels though.
    I totally got a Yars Revenge vibe looking at that screen.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    HP's solution via chat was to reboot the device.

I then sent her a link to the above picture, and got a reply of "I'm happy to see your problem was fixed, may I assist you with anything else.

*sigh*

I finally got her to set up a repair order, but then she signed off before telling me what to expect.

I assume I should be getting a box with a pre-paid return label?
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverB18C1 View Post
    HP's solution via chat was to reboot the device.

I then sent her a link to the above picture, and got a reply of "I'm happy to see your problem was fixed, may I assist you with anything else.

*sigh*

I finally got her to set up a repair order, but then she signed off before telling me what to expect.

I assume I should be getting a box with a pre-paid return label?
    I have the exact same problem with my Touchpad 32g. It is a complete strip running the width of the screen in what looks like to be the exact spot as yours. My Touchpad 16g does not have this. What else have you found out from HP?
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KWgators View Post
    I have the exact same problem with my Touchpad 32g. It is a complete strip running the width of the screen in what looks like to be the exact spot as yours. My Touchpad 16g does not have this. What else have you found out from HP?
    Mine is also a 32GB.

I contacted HP 1 week ago and was told I would need to send it back, and assumed I would get a box to return it. I called yesterday wondering where the box was and it turned out the rep never set up a repair order. So he set one up and the box arrived today. I'm wiping CyanogenMod9 off now, and prepping to send it back.

As far as I can tell this is a hardware problem. I've done multiple wipes and webOS Doctors and the problem still remains.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjaycee View Post
    I seem to be getting a regular (at least once a day ) noise from my tpad for no reason it sounds like the camera is taking a picture. No screen image/flash just the noise. Anyone else get this or know what is happening?. No camera or music apps other than stock apps,
    Got anything running in the background? Any distorted sounds when opening/closing Launcher drawer?
    B/B likes this.
    mine has a similar row of non working pixels at the same location, right after I placed te TP a little off the center on the touchstone (it cycled between charging and non charging mode several times before I repositioned it, and then the row of stuck pixels showed)

it is a 16gb model

to the OP, it would be good to know what part was replaced by HP to solve this, so we can replace it, hopefully is just the LCD (there are OEM screens on ebay)
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    Got anything running in the background? Any distorted sounds when opening/closing Launcher drawer?
    nothing out of the ordinary running and no sounds on startup. Sometimes when I check wterm "top" command there is a zombie running (don't even know what that means)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnjaycee View Post
    nothing out of the ordinary running and no sounds on startup. Sometimes when I check wterm "top" command there is a zombie running (don't even know what that means)
    As an update to my previous post, I spoke with a tech rep at HP and he had me take a picture of the screen and e-mail it to him. After confering with another tech, they determined it neded to come in for repair - duh. Did a full erase of the Touchpad and now on its way to the shop. Will see how it comes back.
    Good luck,make sure you get a receipt from UPS when you send it back in the box HP will provide,I sent mine in on the 3rd of last month in the box HP sent me,it went 2 day air from mn to tx and around the 14th I was like where the hell is my touchpad ???

So I call HP and he says we never got it .......My ears got hot instantly...so I check the ups site and sure as sun in the daytime it reads it was out for delivery on the 6th but grew legs and walked off the truck apparently.....

So they file a tracer and never find it,sop they settle with HP a week later ( tracer took a week ) and 3 days later I had a new touchpad in my hands as HP sent me the new one next day air....very cool .

Reason I sent it back....because it had 2 cracks,one by each speaker...man I was kicking myself after it went missing.

HP / Palm rock,easiest RMA ever...minus UPS 's derp move ...worst delivery service ever...this was the 4 th package they lost ...never again UPS...shopuld be OOPS....
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Got it back today. Looks like a new screen was put on. I can tell because there are small marks on the plastic where they must have pried the old screen out. Also the backlighting seems to be much more even. Oh and there isn't a 2" wide band of noise.

Overall I'm pretty happy with HP's RMA process. Start to finish it only took 9 days.

Now time to reload CM9
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverB18C1 View Post
    Got it back today. Looks like a new screen was put on. I can tell because there are small marks on the plastic where they must have pried the old screen out. Also the backlighting seems to be much more even. Oh and there isn't a 2" wide band of noise.

Overall I'm pretty happy with HP's RMA process. Start to finish it only took 9 days.

Now time to reload CM9
    Same here. Also looks like they replaced my screen as well. I still don't get it though. I have not had any problems with the 16g TouchPad we own - just the 32g. Whatever, everything seems to work fine once more. Anyone else have any insight as to why this happened I would like to hear about it.