Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By geekpeter
  1.    #1  
    has anyone managed to stuff other operating systems onto the touchpad yet via use of ubuntu/debian, so far ive managed to stuff an arm compatible version of AROS on (keyboard dont wanna play well atm tho) and ive been looking at ReactOS and hexxeh's arm builds of Chromium OS for a laugh.

wondered if anyones managed to slap on anything random/unusual of late?

included a random aros snap and aros running with ubuntu.

EDIT: Feeling the need to enlarge my ext3 partition of late
    Attached Images Attached Images
    somline and creepingmee like this.
    nice job...
    Care to add instructions haha for Chromium, I had fun using UBUNTu
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventus221 View Post
    Care to add instructions haha for Chromium, I had fun using UBUNTu
    still playing with that atm.
    I actually installed Arch except it wouldnt get past the boot. hah but it was a fun project
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    has anyone managed to stuff other operating systems onto the touchpad yet via use of ubuntu/debian, so far ive managed to stuff an arm compatible version of AROS on (keyboard dont wanna play well atm tho) and ive been looking at ReactOS and hexxeh's arm builds of Chromium OS for a laugh.

wondered if anyones managed to slap on anything random/unusual of late?

included a random aros snap and aros running with ubuntu.

EDIT: Feeling the need to enlarge my ext3 partition of late
    I am not familair with aros, though I know what it stands for. Does it execute 68k binarys? Can you install AmigaOS 68k stuff onto it? If so, I MUST look into this! How does it run? Is it reasonably fast? Aros doesn't try to emulate hardware is that true? Sorry If im hijacking the thread, but I'm very interested in running some 68k stuff on anything, love classic amiga stuff....
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepingmee View Post
    I am not familair with aros, though I know what it stands for. Does it execute 68k binarys? Can you install AmigaOS 68k stuff onto it? If so, I MUST look into this! How does it run? Is it reasonably fast? Aros doesn't try to emulate hardware is that true? Sorry If im hijacking the thread, but I'm very interested in running some 68k stuff on anything, love classic amiga stuff....
    i saw old posts regarding aros running native stuff, there was talk of some form of compatability tho 1 post just suggested a form of UAE setup, I'm still looking at this myself. my backups of my old a1200/a4000 and naturally PPC/040 setups I have didn't work, just what came with the aros distro worked.

the speed of the workbench setup aros uses was far from smooth on the touchpad, this is understandable tho as it runs thru/via ubuntuchroot/xserver.

I'll play with more arm/linux systems as soon as I can make my ext3 partition bigger, atm it won't go past the initial 4gb I made even tho I shrank my webos side by 10gb.

nm, get there eventually.
    You can also install Ubuntu in dual-boot on the TP for the real experience. People on XDA are porting it and have a working image already.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    You can also install Ubuntu in dual-boot on the TP for the real experience. People on XDA are porting it and have a working image already.
    does everything important work now? Last I looked there were some things that didn't work which seemed important, so I stuck to the carded chroot version.
    I would actually love chromiumos on the tpad. The latest builds actually have touch enhancements.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    does everything important work now? Last I looked there were some things that didn't work which seemed important, so I stuck to the carded chroot version.
    I had Ubuntu running seperately (not in a card) and it did not have working sound or Flash. Bluetooth was broken when you updated it to 12.04.

Will each of you post what is not working with the different ARM Linux versions you try so we can know whether or not to bother with it?