1.    #1  
    Went on ebay and bought another LCD screen. It works fine except it doesnt fit snuggly into the TP. Its like its too big or something but im not sure. it fits, but not really. I got this replacement The model numbers dont match and when i put it in the TP the center button doesn't work. I swapped and put in my old one and the center button functions.So i know the board is fine,

I bought model number LTN097XL01 A01 on ebay but my old model is LTN097XL01 H01. Is there any difference between the two?
    The first thing is to compare the spec sheet for each model number. I guarantee there's a significant difference somewhere in there. By forcing it in there, you may also end up accelerating the nasty case cracking/splitting that happens all too often to Touchpads, and warranty service for existing Touchpads isn't going to last much longer.

One letter or number off can mean something pretty different in the spec from an exact match, whether it be panel thickness, resolution, or interface. Never, ever buy a replacement LCD until you've done your due diligence by asking the seller for the model # and diving into those spec sheets (Google is a great help here) before buying.

I remember when I owned a Viewsonic G-Tablet a lot of people wanted to replace their LCDs because the viewing angles sucked on the stock LCD, and countless people ended up buying LCDs they couldn't use nor return from sellers that "said" they'd work on the G-Tablet...even though they didn't.

tl;dr: Always buy the exact same model unless you know exactly what you're doing, and get the model number of the product before buying it.
    Last edited by dignitary; 07/12/2012 at 10:00 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    The first thing is to compare the spec sheet for each model number. I guarantee there's a significant difference somewhere in there. By forcing it in there, you may also end up accelerating the nasty case cracking/splitting that happens all too often to Touchpads, and warranty service for existing Touchpads isn't going to last much longer.

One letter or number off can mean something pretty different in the spec from an exact match, whether it be panel thickness, resolution, or interface. Never, ever buy a replacement LCD until you've done your due diligence by asking the seller for the model # and diving into those spec sheets (Google is a great help here) before buying.

I remember when I owned a Viewsonic G-Tablet a lot of people wanted to replace their LCDs because the viewing angles sucked on the stock LCD, and countless people ended up buying LCDs they couldn't use nor return from sellers that "said" they'd work on the G-Tablet...even though they didn't.

tl;dr: Always buy the exact same model unless you know exactly what you're doing, and get the model number of the product before buying it.
    ugh im about to give up on this crap lol. they look exactly the same besides the number of clips. I broke off the extra clips in a desperate move to make it exactly like my first one. No dice. Now i cant return it. lol FML They even seem identical in size as well. oh well..

upon further look they seem slighty different judging by the spec sheets.

ebay model LTN097XL01-AOL

OEM MODEL LTN097XL01-AOL
    Last edited by CalicoNC; 07/12/2012 at 10:59 PM.