1.    #1  
    I just got my new touchpad about 2 weeks ago. It worked great from the start. I installed CM9a2 with the latest nightly builds. Soon after the device wouldn't charge quickly. I finally got it to charge to a full 100% about a week ago. Two days later the device drained completely and wouldn't turn on. I have tried the following:

1. Holding power + home button for 30 seconds (This originally worked and displayed the plug screen, now it doesn't work at all).

2. Holding power + home + volume up - This would show a use prompt on my computer, but the screen would stay black. My computer said it couldn't find the drivers. It no longer shows the usb prompt when doing this.

3. Holding power + hitting home 15 times - Never worked and never showed signs of working.

I could really use some help here. I'd love to get it powered back up and wiping it clean with the original factory settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    458 Global Posts
    Try holding "power/home" buttons while being plugged in a wall outlet.
    first the charger piece that plugs into the wall is a two piece charger plug . Untwist it counter clockwise and then twist it back together. Then plug the TPad into the charger for a day and then try powering it on again. You should confirm that the charging cable works with another device like a phone or something as well. Once you have confirmed that the cable is good and checked the charger by untwisting and twisting back together, the only other thing you can do is call HP and ask for a replacement charger pack. Or you by a new one to see if that's the issue. This did happen to me as well . The charger pack burnt out or something and HP sent me a new end piece. Hope this helps.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Spikea4 View Post
    Try holding "power/home" buttons while being plugged in a wall outlet.
    I started the charge last night in the wall. I will keep it there for the next few days and try again. I have 2 wall charging devices and both don't work with the touchpad but do with other devices. I also tried twisting the end piece and putting it back but still no luck. I hope the wall charge works after a few days. Thanks for the pointers.
    If the wall charge does not work, try just plugging it to the usb of your computer for 24 hours. I have read somewhere before that if the power gets to low the rapid charging circuit does not work(its powered by the battery), but that the trickle from the usb does.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by theinnkeeper View Post
    If the wall charge does not work, try just plugging it to the usb of your computer for 24 hours. I have read somewhere before that if the power gets to low the rapid charging circuit does not work(its powered by the battery), but that the trickle from the usb does.
    Wall charge did not work after 36 hours. I did get a cell phone charger and it's been plugged into that since this morning. I read somewhere that you can plug into it with a micro-usb cell phone wall charger and let it sit for 3-7 days. The tiny trickle of power may be enough to get it started. We will see in a few days! I'm staying optimistic.
    short answer: plug in a non hp power adapter for 10 secs, the plug in the hp adapter. I did this and got it to charge and then work. read below for the gory details:

i had the same problem with my touchpad, and created said problem the same way you did.
    this may seem extreme, but i kept it plugged in for 2 days. then i kept it unplugged for 4 sayd (went on camping trip).
    no luck.
    I knew it could not totally be bricked, cause when I hooked it up to my pc, it got recognized but gave me that stupid driver error.
    So on a whim I plugged the usb cable into a different no hp adapter. I wanted to see if I could get that error where it says to use a HP adapter. kept that plugged in for 10 secs. nothing. I reconnected the usb to the hp adapter plugged it in and it gave me the flashing light on the home button. I let it charge with the hp adapter and I am good to go.
  8.    #8  
    i tried out the charge with a non hp adapter with no luck. I also tried charging it for 4 days with a micro usb cell phone charger with no luck. I ended up contacting HP. I am sending it in for service since it's under warranty.

All of these problems began as soon as I installed CM9a2. When I get it back I plan on waiting until a stable version of CM9 comes out before installing it again.

Thanks for all of the help. I really appreciate it.
  9. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    This happened to my wife's TouchPad, and hers does not have CM9 dual-boot. It's a battery/charging circuit issue. CM9 does not play a role in this malfunction.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHT View Post
    This happened to my wife's TouchPad, and hers does not have CM9 dual-boot. It's a battery/charging circuit issue. CM9 does not play a role in this malfunction.
    In certain instances it has been confirmed CM9 does play a role in this issue. It has to due with CM9 draining the battery to low and not forcing shutdown properly as webOS does.

Many folks have had this issue in reference to CM9, and have "fixed" the issue by plugging in for 24 hours+
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...