1.    #1  
    I'm hoping someone can help me. I've got WebOS Quick Install 4.3.1 and I followed the instructions to install preware. However, I've been hung on the window saying:
    org.webosinternals.preware_1.7.0_arm.ipk
    The window stay there and never completes the installation. Can anyone provide a any advice to resolve this?
    Iam trying to install Kindel import to my daugther's touchpad.

thanks,
    Preware Standalone Installer

Go to Post #10, click on the link, then click on Preware Installer-1.5.0
    Run the exe file, then after it loads on your TouchPad, open it, then update it to the latest version.
    Make sure you are connected via USB, and you are in Developer Mode, and you should be good.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    "Run the exe file, then after it loads on your TouchPad" Do you mean to download and open the file directly in the touchpad???
    No, I mean download it to your PC, then run the .exe file, with your TouchPad connected via USB and in Developer Mode.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    After running the file, it says that the installation was completed, but I don't see anything.
    Type Preware in the Just Type box, and still nothing?
  7.    #7  
    Nothing and on top of that it remove all my downloads
  8.    #8  
    Everything is gone, even the aps store application. How do I restore it to the original condition?
    Odd, that is the exact way I've been re-installing Preware after I use webOS Doctor, and I've used this method more times than I can count. Your other option, from the same link, is to download the .ipk file, Open up webOS Quick Install, drag the file into the window, and sideload it from there. In this case, I would download v1.9.10.

As for removing your downloads, I don't know why it would do that.
  10.    #10  
    What is webOS Doctor,? Do you know how to restore to factory ?
  11.    #11  
    I was able to recover all the aps, but I am still unable to install preware. Please help!