1.    #1  
    Screen Shot 2012-07-06 at 8.03.15 AM.png

I was watching it and I saw that the button and camera were in landscape and not portrait.
    HP Think Beyond event link
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnjwG...dwMIQ&index=31
    If You Have A WindsorNot Hit Me Up
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post

I was watching it and I saw that the button and camera were in landscape and not portrait.
    I'm pretty sure that was actually a regular TouchPad. Given the angle, the camera and button are in the correct position. :/
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    Size compared to the touchstone tells me its a normal touchpad
    (I even pulled up a picture of it)
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    Size compared to the touchstone tells me its a normal touchpad
    (I even pulled up a picture of it)
    Click to view quoted image
    thats not from the event though. heres a picture with the button circled.

You may have found a piece of artwork... but having been to the event, I can tell you that there was no GO on display anywhere.
    also - a white touchstone?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Lighting, angles, and contrast guys!

It is most definitely a regular TouchPad, at an angle making it look taller than wide. The lighting is bright (and the contrast crappy in that photo), making the silver TouchPad stand seem brighter.

Also, these are MARKETING materials. NEVER trust marketing materials for 100% accuracy. Not to mention, I can assure you that they would have NEVER EVER been given clearance to display a TouchPad Go publicly. Technically, it hasn't actually ever been officially acknowledged.
    Did you know:

yea i don't see how that pic looks at all like a 7" device, and I can't make out the camera or home button.

None of my dull grey touchstones look anywhere near that bright a white no matter how much light i put on them though :P

... so.. what were they doing with this device?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    yea i don't see how that pic looks at all like a 7" device, and I can't make out the camera or home button.

None of my dull grey touchstones look anywhere near that bright a white no matter how much light i put on them though :P

... so.. what were they doing with this device?
    It may not be a TP go but it was a screw up. Look at the original with out the circles than look at the one with circles. Look at the landscape edge.notice the white line and the circle on the side? The video HP pated was on ly available in 360p so if it had higher res. it would be really easy to spot.

Screen Shot 2012-07-06 at 8.03.15 AM copy.png

10.    #10  
    Here is a GIF as well

If it slows the site down I'll take it off.

Link to video:

Time shown: 00:27:44
    Last edited by boovish; 07/07/2012 at 01:46 PM.
    All you are seeing in all these pics are the regular TP setting on the Touchstone in landscape mode. The pic seems a little squeezed so that might be why it is a bit misleading.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by DJeremyC View Post
    All you are seeing in all these pics are the regular TP setting on the Touchstone in landscape mode. The pic seems a little squeezed so that might be why it is a bit misleading.
    It's not misleading. How am I the only one who notices this?!?!?
    Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    It's not misleading. How am I the only one who notices this?!?!?
    because there's nothing to notice. I don't mean to be unkind, but you're trying to make something out of nothing. nothing to see here... move along folks.

edit: to be clear, I'm not saying the image isn't a little bit strange. but it's not a TP go or any unusual touchpad. it's a normal touchpad sitting on a touchstone in landscape orientation, but the image is squeezed somehow making it look a little 'off'. that's it. nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnsonx42 View Post
    because there's nothing to notice. I don't mean to be unkind, but you're trying to make something out of nothing. nothing to see here... move along folks.

edit: to be clear, I'm not saying the image isn't a little bit strange. but it's not a TP go or any unusual touchpad. it's a normal touchpad sitting on a touchstone in landscape orientation, but the image is squeezed somehow making it look a little 'off'. that's it. nothing more.
    Agreeing with Johnsonx, the image which you are seeing its just a regular TouchPad 9.7 inch display and is not the smaller version 7-incher TouchPad Go. Plus, those stupid people (HP) never officially advertised or let alone even photographed the device it only became known of its origin through the leaks of photos from the internet in Asia(mainly China). Anyways changing the subjects, has anyone ever given thought of why HP even didn't release such a device around the same time as the TouchPad ? I think that its just silly and plainly stupid of HP, specially seeing the buzz surrounding the Nexus 7 from Google. HP really missed an opportunity for those folks that are looking for 7-inch tablets, HP I hate You !!!!!!!
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    Agreeing with Johnsonx, the image which you are seeing its just a regular TouchPad 9.7 inch display and is not the smaller version 7-incher TouchPad Go. Plus, those stupid people (HP) never officially advertised or let alone even photographed the device it only became known of its origin through the leaks of photos from the internet in Asia(mainly China). Anyways changing the subjects, has anyone ever given thought of why HP even didn't release such a device around the same time as the TouchPad ? I think that its just silly and plainly stupid of HP, specially seeing the buzz surrounding the Nexus 7 from Google. HP really missed an opportunity for those folks that are looking for 7-inch tablets, HP I hate You !!!!!!!
    HP was:
    1. slow to bring innovations to market
    2. probably resource constraints
    Well, I got so many words to describe HP that some of my first words will begin with a cursed words and the rest will be telling them about stupid they were to cancel WebOS along with the firing of the whole team of the WebOS. Then, I will start accusing Mrs Whitman for her lack of commitment to what the (stupid)HP company common word on their vocabulary that they like to throw around when giving big speeches "INNOVATION''.

Quote Originally Posted by xandros9 View Post
    HP was:
    1. slow to bring innovations to market
    2. probably resource constraints
    I will agree with the first sentence of HP being slow at innovating, they always had been best at that. For me that is one of the highest quality of HP tech company, suck at innovation. However, with the second one on the comment of the resources constraints, I tend to disagree on that. HP had plenty of resources to go about, instead they turned their heads/back to the entire efforts of the WebOS platform(thanks to Leo). And worst damage of all, with them abandoning WebOS leaving to swim or drown that's what of this tragic event happened to WebOS in the first place.
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    It is simple: At the time, only EVT/DVT devices existed. These are either pre-production devices that are used, or marketing renderings.

Remember the palmOne LifeDrive?

Rendering: http://www.brighthand.com/assets/3748.jpg
    Real product shot: http://www.grupo-utopia.com/blog/iso.../lifedrive.jpg
    Did you know:

There is a video review on you tube of TouchPad Go, a prototype one,
    If it had been released, I would have bought one, 3/4g and back camara, and removeable back cover,
    Easy to replace battery, another missed opotunity,
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I will agree with the first sentence of HP being slow at innovating, they always had been best at that. For me that is one of the highest quality of HP tech company, suck at innovation. However, with the second one on the comment of the resources constraints, I tend to disagree on that. HP had plenty of resources to go about, instead they turned their heads/back to the entire efforts of the WebOS platform(thanks to Leo). And worst damage of all, with them abandoning WebOS leaving to swim or drown that's what of this tragic event happened to WebOS in the first place.
    They weren't willing to devote everything.
    I remember (i think it was about the kindle fire development) reading in some magazine:

some financial guy asks "[how much $$$ to devote to the Fire project]"?
    Bezos: "How much do we have?"

I doubt HP would be willing to dump everything into that one subdivision. Existing efforts were kinda bad (especially ads)
    I doubt Hurd would go "all-in", and Apotheker definitely wouldn't
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive