1.    #1  
    My Touchpad will go from 100% to dead flat in only a few hours, even when in airplane mode with the display turned off.

I tried to RMA it when the case cracked at the speaker. They fixed the case but ignored the battery.

I did a full erase, then logged into my profile so it reinstalled the old apps, added govnah and dr. battery. stock kernel.

With the display brightness slider @ 33% and wifi on, I'm drawing around 900mA. In airplane mode it's ~650-750mA. With the display turned off it's 150mA.

Does that look about right?
    use Dr battery to check your battery health
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    You could also try installing wTerm from Preware. Reboot and don't start anything else but wTerm. Type in the word "top" no quotes. This will give a list of what is running and how much of the processor(s) are being used. The top line will be the highest. Some program might be misbehaving and pegging the processor.

On the top, 3rd line down....CPU...4th item in is id. That is idle. Mine usually runs around 85-90% idle on a fresh boot.
    BREAKING NEWS: All credit card PIN numbers in the World leaked. Here is a sample.....0001, 0002, 0003......
  4.    #4  
    Dr. Battery says it's 98% healthy, whatever that means.

I just turned it on after it sat in my bag on airplane mode. Battery was 14% after 7.5 hrs. That is a significant improvement over the pre-full-erase performance. Battery was drawing 1200mA w only govnah running - just the display on.

If this is outside the realm of normal I'll dig more into misbehaving apps but I think I'm about on target, no?
    98% healthy is good. Most people are lucky to get 95% from what I know. Mine is draining at about 750-800mA with just Govnah running.
    BREAKING NEWS: All credit card PIN numbers in the World leaked. Here is a sample.....0001, 0002, 0003......
    Quote Originally Posted by dillononthecoast View Post
    I just turned it on after it sat in my bag on airplane mode. Battery was 14% after 7.5 hrs.
    My TP uses less than 1% per hour when not in use, and that's with a few apps left running and wifi on. I'd take it to the (webos) doctor if it was down to 14% after just a few hours sitting around in airplane mode doing nothing. If that doesn't help contact hp again
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    My TP normally drains about 1% / hr. when just sitting quietly with the screen off, wifi on, and occasionally checking email. On at least one occasion though it went into high-drain mode, dropping about 10% / hr. for no apparent reason, with nothing obviously running. A reboot fixed it. Presumably something got stuck in a loop that didn't show up at the UI level.
  8.    #8  
    i must have a power draining app then? Doctoring now ...
    My TP battery currently drains about 12-15% per hour while in use. I used to place it in airplane mode or turned off wifi while not in use but now I simply power it off as I'm only using it for 1 or 2 hours per day.
    Last edited by divuer; 07/10/2012 at 08:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dillononthecoast View Post
    Dr. Battery says it's 98% healthy, whatever that means.

I just turned it on after it sat in my bag on airplane mode. Battery was 14% after 7.5 hrs. That is a significant improvement over the pre-full-erase performance. Battery was drawing 1200mA w only govnah running - just the display on.

If this is outside the realm of normal I'll dig more into misbehaving apps but I think I'm about on target, no?
    1200mA drain? holy crap. I cranked the brightness up to maximum ,and then ran all the most processor intensive things i could think of, simultaneously, several months ago, and was never able to get above a bit over 800mA drain. Overclocked to 1.6. I suppose maybe if I added some video playback to it I might've got somewhat higher.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the help. In the end I doctored it and all seemed well. I'm not sure what was misbehaving but the nuclear option took care of it.

I've since passed the tablet on. I love my WebOS but I just didn't have a good reason to own a tablet.

I'll just play with my pile of Pres and wonder if a new WebOS phone will come out before I have to buy an android device (yeeks).
    check what apps u have running in background (twitter, facebook, various mail accounts, many others)

i sit at about 50% brightness, wifi always on, stock kernel, 2 gmail accounts on push, facebook, and twitter chech every 5 to 15 mins (cant remember exact settings). Oh also 2 gmail calendars syncing.

also do u run any top bar apps? Pop up calc or anything like that? Also any patches installed.

my current battery health is 94% (purchased b4 firesale), i dont use my tp a huge amount at work most days, but it comes off the TS at 6-7am and i get home around 5 30. As i said wifi on the whole time, and i am not seeing the drain u are.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    oh only other thing i do different from most users, is i always have rotation lock on... Cant imagine that doing anything unless your screen is turning on while in your bag