Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By DJeremyC
  • 1 Post By sledge007
  • 1 Post By Mutoidi
  1.    #1  
    Wish your TouchPad a happy birthday here! (on the day you got it).
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    tovivekmishra and Rnp like this.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Happy Belated B-Day Touchpad! 7-1 was the day. Boy your first year went by fast!
    got mine around the end of june, cant remember what day exactly :|
    Got mine on Canada Day. Long live webOS!
    So.. how's the battery time on those that are now 1 year operating?

Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    yes battery life plsss bcoz m worried for mine ;(
    pixi plus (webOS 2.1)>pre2>HP Veer>touchpad
    Got 2 TP going strong one year later, and one for a friend...Happy Birthday!!!! Ordered all from HP on 7/1/2011 (took from 6/21/11-7/1/11 to get pricing and PO finalized with my rep) - so basically first ones off the shelf.
    Need one for the son and we will be one big happy TP family.

Nokia (red phone) --> Denso TouchPoint TP2200 --> Samsung SPH-N400 --> (Palm VII) --> Sanyo 5150 --> Palm Treo 650 --> Palm Pre --> Sprint FrankenPre 2 --> (HP TouchPad)/(HP Pre 3 - Wifi) --> Galaxy Nexus (with TS mod and hopes of Open webOS!)
    tovivekmishra likes this.
  8.    #8  
    One year for me today! I was pretty excited to finally catch up with the rest of you. I had to endure 2 weeks of this community raving (some) and ranting (others) about how great/terrible the TouchPad was. I wasn't even sure if I was going to get one until about a few days prior to release here in Canada. It took a few days for the proper cases to arrive, I had to settle with an iPad case, which I exchanged for the proper HP case.

I still use my TouchPad as much or more as the day I got it. Battery health is 89%, not bad considering it gets charged at least once, sometimes twice per day. Installed CM7, CM9, AOKP, back to CM9, Ubuntu Chroot. Doctored countless times, dropped countless times....not on purpose of course. Never put on a screen protector, glad I didn't, the few minor scratches are barely visible. Suffered the same crack on the back as the rest of you.....don't care, it's in it's case, and I don't see them.

I did pay the full amount, but a month later got refunded the money to match the firesale price and bought a second.

Thanks for a great year, and more to come.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    somline likes this.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Though I know this makes me a pariah around here, but today is my TPs bday. I bought one for me, and one for my fiance, at Wal-Mart. I also got one for my friend at RadioShack. So I guess we had triplets =)

It was my first webOS device, and was the reason why I bought a Pre 3 off eBay. webOS has its quirks for sure, but I definitely love it. Yes, I did install CM9 on the TP for the apps (I like playing games, what can I say), but the OS isn't as elegant. Hopefully Open webOS can be used on phones in the future as well, but I'm not holding my breath.
    YaY!!

A Year to the day since Harvey Norman Electronics Chain in Australia announced their Firesale of the HP Touchpad.. and since I ran out the door and rushed to my nearest dealer to get a 32Gb Wifi model, a Case and a BT Keyboard. I later got a Touchstone too... and a second 'spare' case!

I have Doctored 3 times in that year and otherwise thoroughly enjoy this machine! With the addition of a mobile Wifi-Modem hotspot my life has been changed forever (for the better!).

I have raved so enthusiastically to friends about the TP that at least 5 of them now also use them everyday!
    (And I end up attending to all their glitches, mods and updates!).
    F4 Phantom is my favoured Kernel. 1.8/.384Ghz testing!

I am also running CM9 which I still use LESS than webOS!
    Dr. Batt. says 'Health' @ 92%. I try to keep it within the top 60% of it's capacity most of the time.
    I let it discharge to the dreaded 'Red-line Batt' on boot notification a couple of times.. when it also then dropped a % of it's apparent 'Health'!

It is a shame that this community has had to sit on it's heels for so long awaiting the release of updated versions and official open sourcing of the webOS.. but good things come to all who wait!

Only a month to go.. and even though our 1 year Warranty's all expire soon, no doubt our trusty Touchpads will soldier on, cracks and all, for several more years yet!

Thanks and Happy Touchpadding to all of you in this great community!

Last edited by Mutoidi; 08/21/2012 at 12:01 PM.
    geekpeter likes this.
    I've got too many devices to keep track of their birthdays.... I'm like Cromartie....

Seriously google this
    "Antonio Cromartie trying to remember his kids"
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...