Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #1  
    Dave Freeman ‏@sugar_dave

webOS Community Edition modified LunaSysMgr: via @youtube // nifty side-swiping action
    Check out the video, can't wait to get this on my TP!!!!!!
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Nice!! About time we get these gestures.

Is there a thread or anything? Is this going to be a patch?
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  3.    #3  
    Only thing I have seen is tweets of the video, one of the tweets is from a developer and frequent poster. I am not entirely sure where the video originated (haven't looked that hard). I know Rod said in a post to show folks how to install preware for ease of install when CE releases are made. (I believe he made this post in the thread about the June open webOS announcements, with the CE and webOS Ports announcements)

I don't have any knowledge beyond that as far as how this will be implemented or anything. Just happy to see someone already has it working. I am sure the smarter people will chime in, I wanted to get it out to the community as this is one of the things I have been hoping for for the last year.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    joedisaster likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Only thing I have seen is tweets of the video, one of the tweets is from a developer and frequent poster. I am not entirely sure where the video originated (haven't looked that hard). I know Rod said in a post to show folks how to install preware for ease of install when CE releases are made. (I believe he made this post in the thread about the June open webOS announcements, with the CE and webOS Ports announcements)

I don't have any knowledge beyond that as far as how this will be implemented or anything. Just happy to see someone already has it working. I am sure the smarter people will chime in, I wanted to get it out to the community as this is one of the things I have been hoping for for the last year.
    I'm excited to see something happen so soon. I knew good things would come with open webOS. I cant wait until its all released.
    Back to webOS with my new Touchpad!!!
    Check Out My TouchPad Theme "Paint It Black" http://forums.webosnation.com/webos-...iew-black.html
  5.    #5  
    Here you go....

pcworld ‏@pcworldsoftware

That LunaSysMgr patch by @ekdikeo is so cool, check it out! It's one of the things I've missed most since webOS 3 https://github.com/woce/LunaSysMgr/pull/1
    pcworld ‏@pcworldsoftware

(just applied the patch [https://github.com/woce/LunaSysMgr/pull/1.diff], compiled and tried it)
    well, I wouldn't say that it's a guarantee that it will be in there, it is not something that came -with- it .. what the CE came -with- is pretty much exactly what we have in 3.0.5. This was pretty easy for me to patch into it, though, considering the functions from the phones are still there for it, just had to add some extra stuff to the bezel gesture recognition. I also fixed it sending up-swipes into your enyo apps, at least to some degree.

Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    I'm excited to see something happen so soon. I knew good things would come with open webOS. I cant wait until its all released.
    part of why i went immediately into the code while everyone else is still in the process of organizing things. After all these code releases of things that aren't visible, with this, we can really -see- something now
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  7.    #7  
    LOL I was excited first eye catching title I could come up with...

Figured you'd chime in once you got around to the forums. This has really got me excited.

Is this gonna be submitted as a patch to Preware?
    I don't think the webOS Internals people know exactly how that's going to work yet, other than that yes, it will probably involve Preware. As is, I think Preware is probably going to need some upgrading to be able to handle replacing the main Luna system file.

BTW, the "ThumbNav Controls" patch works fine with it, but you have to tap on the left or right edge of the screen rather than swipe. I don't have Advanced Browser on my developer device, and I'm not putting mods on my main one until after some other people have had a chance to blow up their devices with them first .. er, i mean, tested it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    damdre2 likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    BTW, the "ThumbNav Controls" patch works fine with it, but you have to tap on the left or right edge of the screen rather than swipe.
    That's actually the first thing I thought about when I heard about this. Good to know it still works.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  10.    #10  
    I don't think the webOS Internals people know exactly how that's going to work yet, other than that yes, it will probably involve Preware. As is, I think Preware is probably going to need some upgrading to be able to handle replacing the main Luna system file.

BTW, the "ThumbNav Controls" patch works fine with it, but you have to tap on the left or right edge of the screen rather than swipe. I don't have Advanced Browser on my developer device, and I'm not putting mods on my main one until after some other people have had a chance to blow up their devices with them first .. er, i mean, tested it.
    Good to hear they will, as far as I know the Advanced Browser implementation is the exact code Garrett used in the patch, so hopefully all will be good there. Good point if I get to play with this this weekend, I will do that on my dev device so I am not stuck doctoring my daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    That's actually the first thing I thought about when I heard about this. Good to know it still works.
    I was wondering if they would play nice together.
    If a simple tap on the far left or right edge of the display triggers AB's events, then should be good.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
  12.    #12  
    looks like we should be good then
    I saw this earlier- excellent work eblade fully agree about finally seeing the code, I've wondered how webOS actually works for ages.
    I don't suppose you've got any idea on how to build/run it standalone on Ubuntu do you? woce-build is hardcoded to armv7 atm and transferring it to the TP every time is a faff.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Would a up/ down swope work?
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I saw this earlier- excellent work eblade fully agree about finally seeing the code, I've wondered how webOS actually works for ages.
    I don't suppose you've got any idea on how to build/run it standalone on Ubuntu do you? woce-build is hardcoded to armv7 atm and transferring it to the TP every time is a faff.
    I build on ubuntu 12 and xfer it to the touchpad. Look at the woce-build on github and then check the issues for my. Change to the makefile to quick install it

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Would a up/ down swope work?
    It could, iguess, but up is already defined as launcher and card view
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Up/down swipe along the side is what I meant, would be a more natural or easier action
    Last edited by laingman; 06/28/2012 at 10:49 PM.
    I build on ubuntu 12 and xfer it to the touchpad. Look at the woce-build on github and then check the issues for my. Change to the makefile to quick install it

It could, iguess, but up is already defined as launcher and card view
    While the video looks very nice from a feature that should have been included into WebOS way before the launch of the TouchPad. The way you activate the app switcher don't like it very much, looks like it could be easily activated by someone just moving around the TouchPad while holding it down by the bezel. Daring to say this, because I always sometimes activate the card-view sometimes when swiping my finger when web-browsing on the TouchPad. In my humble opinion, would have been better something like iOS like two finger swipe across the screen would been a bit better for my taste than way it avoid accidentally activating the app-switcher.

But how do I know, I'm not a code programer just a person that barely knows how to turn a computer on....I'm just giving my two cents on this subject
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Actually one of the repos includes ipkg control files (and an ipkg-creation python tool that will be very helpful to make the build-system of the messaging-plugins nicer ). I don't see where the problem could come up, regarding the fact that the binary should be in the RAM anyway (though it might be nice to have some way to fix a broken Luna without doctoring, like having the upstart-script check if it launched correctly and otherwise use a backed up file). Also, the control files should be modified in some way to always make sure, that one copy of the original binary is available (like checking for existence before copying, checking the sha1 or md5 sum )
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Up/down swipe along the side is what I meant, would be a more natural or easier action
    Well, the bezel of the device is not part of the touchpanel, so that's not going to happen directly. Theoretically, one could detect a swipe along the farthest edge of the touchpanel, but that seems like it might get into issues with apps, more so than the existing gesture does, or the addition of the two new gestures, although I've tried to minimize that as much as possible, it is still generating events that go to the apps. Much like the existing up-swipe tends to get passed into the app in view, although that has been minimized to a degree as well.

Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    While the video looks very nice from a feature that should have been included into WebOS way before the launch of the TouchPad. The way you activate the app switcher don't like it very much, looks like it could be easily activated by someone just moving around the TouchPad while holding it down by the bezel. Daring to say this, because I always sometimes activate the card-view sometimes when swiping my finger when web-browsing on the TouchPad. In my humble opinion, would have been better something like iOS like two finger swipe across the screen would been a bit better for my taste than way it avoid accidentally activating the app-switcher.

But how do I know, I'm not a code programer just a person that barely knows how to turn a computer on....I'm just giving my two cents on this subject
    If you hold your device with your thumb up on one or both sides of it, as a lot of people do, it is quite natural, and much more difficult to accidentally do it, than it is to accidentally do an upswipe while doing a lot of scrolling in an app.

Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Actually one of the repos includes ipkg control files (and an ipkg-creation python tool that will be very helpful to make the build-system of the messaging-plugins nicer ). I don't see where the problem could come up, regarding the fact that the binary should be in the RAM anyway (though it might be nice to have some way to fix a broken Luna without doctoring, like having the upstart-script check if it launched correctly and otherwise use a backed up file). Also, the control files should be modified in some way to always make sure, that one copy of the original binary is available (like checking for existence before copying, checking the sha1 or md5 sum )
    I don't pretend to even know all of Preware's capabilities, just suggesting that since it's never really been put to use for replacing LunaSysMgr, that it may need some changes to do it, is all. Maybe not.
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Hi,
    I tried installing the diff (post #5), but I got an error when installing, and I realised that I need to apply it directly to lunasysmgr(usr/bin/lunasysmgr), however I have no idea how to do this, so could someone please help me out here.

Thanks.
    Touchpad 16GB 3.0.5
    Pre 2 2.2.4
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast