Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Results 61 to 78 of 78
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    Okay! thanks yeah it looks like i'm running it, how do i turn on the left and right card swipe from app to app? it doesnt seem to be working.
    WOCE doesn't come with it as stock, you have to download the patch (linked earlier in the thread I believe) and then apply it to the sources before you build and install them.

    Put the patch in:
    woce-build/packages/sysmgr/luna-sysmgr/build/src/

    Then cd there in terminal and run the following:
    patch -p1 < PATCHNAME.patch

    Then cd to woce-build/packages/sysmgr, build and install. Remember to delete the build/armv7-stage folder first though, otherwise it'll just say 'Nothing to be done'.

    (And to ye who would cry 'use make clean!'- It wipes out the src folder, and with it the patch before downloading a fresh copy.)
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  2. #62  
    and my I also add,..........


    how come nobody LIKES me after all the time I've been here nagging??????? I just happen to notice this little social fauxpax
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

    Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
  3. #63  
    I'm really hoping the xecutah thing can be worked out because I would like to run the woce lsm, however I use ubuntu chroot and xterm too much to give them up for it. Adding gestures and fun card swiping things is fun and all, but if the bugs outweigh it (don't care for having my address bar nuked either) its kinda useless..
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by creepycat View Post
    and may I add that the BT keyboard ($30 on total to my door on amazon.com) is AWESOME. Once I figured out that the on switch is the same hook that holds the battery cover on and I had it in the wrong position once I replaced the dead batteries it came with. Almost returned it and gave it one last chance before repackaging. Glad I listen to my gut sometimes.......
    Reading the manual is a good thing. If I remember correctly, it was only about two pages, too.

    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    Okay! thanks yeah it looks like i'm running it, how do i turn on the left and right card swipe from app to app? it doesnt seem to be working.
    Need to apply the patch to the source then rebuild it.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  5. #65  
    Oh, ShiftyAxel, are you on IRC somewhere?

    I'm thinking it might be worth it to try writing a new GestureRecognizer, to see if that's actually the case, since it seems unlikely that you would be unable to pick up pinch/zoom/etc gestures if you had to wait until the touches were released. Unfortunately, this is my very first experience with QT.

    I did look into adding detection for number of fingers used in the existing code, however it looks like, as I said, the events come in from somewhere else .. the input/ src folder is not used, and looks like old code.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  6. #66  
    Where is the patch i need to install, i went back to page 1 but its now an incorrect webpage
  7. st_7's Avatar
    Posts
    115 Posts
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    Where is the patch i need to install, i went back to page 1 but its now an incorrect webpage
    here it is:

    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Here you go....

    Quote:
    pcworld ‏@pcworldsoftware

    That LunaSysMgr patch by @ekdikeo is so cool, check it out! It's one of the things I've missed most since webOS 3 https://github.com/woce/LunaSysMgr/pull/1
    Quote:
    pcworld ‏@pcworldsoftware

    (just applied the patch [https://github.com/woce/LunaSysMgr/pull/1.diff], compiled and tried it)
    Link to the original post in the first page: http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ml#post3335267
    HP TOUCHPAD
  8. filmor_'s Avatar
    Posts
    222 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #68  
    Just a short OT question (and I do apologise for that hereby ), did anyone of you come across the code for "Just Type …" (or Universal Search)? I did looked through the code, but I did only find a lot of boilerplate concerning that, it seems to be integrated in the launcher code (DimensionsUI, like they call it ). Any hints on that?
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by filmor_ View Post
    Just a short OT question (and I do apologise for that hereby ), did anyone of you come across the code for "Just Type …" (or Universal Search)? I did looked through the code, but I did only find a lot of boilerplate concerning that, it seems to be integrated in the launcher code (DimensionsUI, like they call it ). Any hints on that?
    I had a quick search using Finder to locate any files containing 'UniversalSearch', 'JustType' or 'Dimensions' but came up with pretty much the same as you. My guess would be that it's a separate module to LunaSysMgr or something along those lines. That or it's under some mad name nobody would ever think of looking for
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Oh, ShiftyAxel, are you on IRC somewhere?

    I'm thinking it might be worth it to try writing a new GestureRecognizer, to see if that's actually the case, since it seems unlikely that you would be unable to pick up pinch/zoom/etc gestures if you had to wait until the touches were released. Unfortunately, this is my very first experience with QT.

    I did look into adding detection for number of fingers used in the existing code, however it looks like, as I said, the events come in from somewhere else .. the input/ src folder is not used, and looks like old code.
    I don't have a client installed atm, but could certainly be persuaded to. Is there a channel for WOCE development?

    I get the feeling that you can detect gestures in real-time, possibly using the hotSpot variable, but I'm not sure exactly how. WindowServer.cpp has an include for input/hiddtp_qws.h, which I believe is the touch panel input manager. I think I managed to elicit some kind of response from it by sprinkling Q_EMIT eventToggleLauncher();s around, but I didn't really do much more than that. This is my first time with Qt too.

    By the way, I'm nearly done with the rewrite. It's available on Github if you're interested. I'm having trouble stopping the drag propagation like your code does though.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I had a quick search using Finder to locate any files containing 'UniversalSearch', 'JustType' or 'Dimensions' but came up with pretty much the same as you. My guess would be that it's a separate module to LunaSysMgr or something along those lines. That or it's under some mad name nobody would ever think of looking for
    There's a veritable crapton of universalSearch code in OverlayWindowManager.cpp

    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    I don't have a client installed atm, but could certainly be persuaded to. Is there a channel for WOCE development?

    I get the feeling that you can detect gestures in real-time, possibly using the hotSpot variable, but I'm not sure exactly how. WindowServer.cpp has an include for input/hiddtp_qws.h, which I believe is the touch panel input manager. I think I managed to elicit some kind of response from it by sprinkling Q_EMIT eventToggleLauncher();s around, but I didn't really do much more than that. This is my first time with Qt too.

    By the way, I'm nearly done with the rewrite. It's available on Github if you're interested. I'm having trouble stopping the drag propagation like your code does though.
    We're doing a lot of talk about it in #webos-ports channel.
    The input/* files are not in the list of files to compilationate, and are defined out with one of the defines that we set. I tried forcing them to compile, and that's just bad. Definitely old code that's no longer in use.

    I could hook you up with an alpha-test IRC client for Synergy
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  12. #72  
    Hey, we found something good -- it looks like the bug that used to cause new cards generated from old cards to open in the wrong stacks was fixed before we got the code! yay hp fixing stuff!
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    OldSkoolVWLover likes this.
  13. #73  
    Hey, I managed to compile dukiedrew's LunaSysMgr but I've not had any luck running it on the webOS emulator.

    Is the emulator not compatible with different LunaSysMgrs? I know you couldn't really test the gestures but I just thought I'd practice installing this before going on to try on a TouchPad.

    So far I've sent it to the emulator using Quick Install's "send file" option and stopped and started LunaSysMgr using the novacom console, but the emulator just runs using the normal Luna.
  14. #74  
    The emulator is x86, whereas the Touchpad is armv7. They aren't cross-compatible.
  15. #75  
    I think it would be pretty cool if we could get the builder to build an emulator compatible one, so we don't have to dump to device all the time, when we write something that doesn't involve weird gestures
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
  16. #76  
    Now i think this patch has been put in WOCE . I tried to build WOCE directly and put lunasysmgr into touchpad according "http://webos-ports.org/wiki/WOCE_build_Instructions". There is no error occur,but i just saw same lunasysmgr function as original one after that. No side swiping function.

    I wonder if WOCE "www.github.com/woce/woce-build" has included this patch or anything i need do?

    Anyone can advise?Tks
    Last edited by godwin1981; 07/29/2012 at 01:58 AM.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by godwin1981 View Post
    Now i think this patch has been put in WOCE . I tried to build WOCE directly and put lunasysmgr into touchpad according "http://webos-ports.org/wiki/WOCE_build_Instructions". There is no error occur,but i just saw same lunasysmgr function as original one after that. No side swiping function.

    I wonder if WOCE "www.github.com/woce/woce-build" has included this patch or anything i need do?

    Anyone can advise?Tks
    None of the modifications have been pulled into master yet, so you're basically compiling stock WOCE. You have to git clone a modified repo, switch branches to the mod (unless it s in master) and then compile.
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    None of the modifications have been pulled into master yet, so you're basically compiling stock WOCE. You have to git clone a modified repo, switch branches to the mod (unless it s in master) and then compile.
    Thank you.

    After building again.it working now.

    Tks again.
    Last edited by godwin1981; 07/29/2012 at 11:24 PM.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Posting Permissions