Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    what do you mean by novaterm'd?
    Okay well I installed it on my TouchPad, but now i have a grey background and like no apps? Is that supposed to happen?
    Quote Originally Posted by zacky59 View Post
    Okay well I installed it on my TouchPad, but now i have a grey background and like no apps? Is that supposed to happen?
    No, it's not supposed to look any different...
    webOS Ports' UI Architect & luna-sysmgr guru.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    No, it's not supposed to look any different...
    uh.. okay, well uh yeah i did everything and now i have a grey background with no apps? What did i do wrong?
    uh.. okay, well uh yeah i did everything and now i have a grey background with no apps? What did i do wrong?
    Can you describe the build/install process in detail? Also what OS are you running?
    Okay, i followed all instructions perfectly on the WOCE build instructions page, i am using windows 7 x64 but, have Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS installed on it. It originally gave me an error when i tryed to send over the Luna SysMgr saying "bad or error response from other side. could not open file" and then some guy gave me a fix and then i installed the binaries and my TouchPad restarted like how i mentioned.
    Okay, i followed all instructions perfectly on the WOCE build instructions page, i am using windows 7 x64 but, have Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS installed on it. It originally gave me an error when i tryed to send over the Luna SysMgr saying "bad or error response from other side. could not open file" and then some guy gave me a fix and then i installed the binaries and my TouchPad restarted like how i mentioned.
    Hmm, curious. So is the Touchpad's UI still there (ex. launcher, just type, card view, etc.)? If so, something might have gotten corrupted somewhere along the line, possibly a database of some sort if your apps and wallpaper are gone.
    Yeah, so is there any fix? Can you tell me how to fix the issue that says "bad or error response from other side: 'file open failed'"
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    wow! Deffinitely, one of the things that should came with the touchpad since day 1.
    thanks!

is it possible to add the wave launcher on the touchpad?
    i really miss it...

RQ
    webOS [[[ ]
    I haven't noticed anything that looks like the wave launcher .. If I run across it in there somewhere I will see what I can do. Also, can confirm the input box problem occurs in other apps.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Yeah, so is there any fix? Can you tell me how to fix the issue that says "bad or error response from other side: 'file open failed'"
    that error doesn't really make much sense without being able to see what command caused it. If your touchpad is otherwise working, but all your icons are gone, my guess is you might need to full erase or doctor. You could try putting the original lsm back in place though.

Sorry my suggestion didn't work for you...it worked for me. Then again, I have the Palm SDK installed on my PC so perhaps that's why?

Regardless, this error occurs because you're trying to write to a disk that is by default read only. Running the command on Page 2 makes it writeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    I haven't noticed anything that looks like the wave launcher .. If I run across it in there somewhere I will see what I can do. Also, can confirm the input box problem occurs in other apps.

I get the feeling they straight up removed the wave launcher, there's no background image for it in the source. I imagine it'll be a case of reimplimenting it manually, perhaps by modifying QuickLaunch.cpp. What others apps have you experienced the input box problem in?

By the way- I'm currently rewriting the screen edge flick to respond to drags with QTouchEvent instead of QGestureEvent. Do you mind if I implement your card switching method?
    Okay, everything worked out. it rebooted like it was before i did it, now how can i tell if im running WOCE?
    Okay, everything worked out. it rebooted like it was before i did it, now how can i tell if im running WOCE?
    WOCE doesn't look any different, but you can tell by opening the browser, navigating to a page and then tapping the address bar. If it clears the address out of it, you're running WOCE.
    ShiftyAxel,

What's the reason for doing that? It seems like the Gesture system is designed for this sort of thing, although it doesn't look like it was necessarily implemented as it's "supposed" to be in QT, considering that there doesn't seem to be a screen flick recognizer, and the regular flick recognizer is apparently only instantiated when running on a desktop. It looks like the input system, wherever that is actually at (not in our source), generates the events synthetically.

And sure, you can use that patch. Shouldn't require any changes other than just changing it to accomodate the different event.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Cheers the idea is to improve the UX and make gestures more responsive by having them trigger after the user's finger has traveled n pixels (25 by default) instead of when the user removes their finger. That and adding a few more gestures, ex. quick access to Just Type.

I tried getting it to work with screenEdgeFlickGesture, but that only fires on finger up. Qt's gesture framework in general seems to work that way (unless I missed something- it was 5AM) so I opted to rewrite it using QTouchEvents. Ideally I'd like to have the UI react during a gesture too, so the cards animate with the user's finger movement. Seems like it would require a fair amount of refactoring though, so for now this is good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftyAxel View Post
    WOCE doesn't look any different, but you can tell by opening the browser, navigating to a page and then tapping the address bar. If it clears the address out of it, you're running WOCE.
    Okay! thanks yeah it looks like i'm running it, how do i turn on the left and right card swipe from app to app? it doesnt seem to be working.
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    well, I wouldn't say that it's a guarantee that it will be in there, it is not something that came -with- it .. what the CE came -with- is pretty much exactly what we have in 3.0.5. This was pretty easy for me to patch into it, though, considering the functions from the phones are still there for it, just had to add some extra stuff to the bezel gesture recognition. I also fixed it sending up-swipes into your enyo apps, at least to some degree.

part of why i went immediately into the code while everyone else is still in the process of organizing things. After all these code releases of things that aren't visible, with this, we can really -see- something now
    afk! Android ANYTHING is like sticking your fingers in a blender IMO...... I'm SOOOOOO glad that I was able to snag the last wave of refurb TP's 5mins to add predate and I'm in uber bliss. Got one for my teen , who also is addicted to the Pre-, a week later.and we never have to leave the house again LOL.

BTW hers was Walmart offer Shipped to store $129 after Woot ran out so they may still have some if anyone is still looking,
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
    and may I add that the BT keyboard ($30 on total to my door on amazon.com) is AWESOME. Once I figured out that the on switch is the same hook that holds the battery cover on and I had it in the wrong position once I replaced the dead batteries it came with. Almost returned it and gave it one last chance before repackaging. Glad I listen to my gut sometimes.......
    Cat up a Treo (now on the Pre, yo!)
    Creepycat at Creepycast Podcast

Palm user since "the one after the pilot" and still horde a drawer full of pda models as well as cradles and fold up keyboards because i was too greedy to let them "go" when they could have "went".
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast