Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    THIS1!!!!! Apple is known for this
    Like I already said: Samsung already have claimed this with the inductive charging for the S3. I'm not an Apple ******, but in this case Samsung has already claimed it.
    Samsung Galaxy S3 gets wireless charger - PC & Tech Authority
    (although it was at an other article that they made the statement of being it their own)
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    sorry I go straight to tesla motors... No clue what you are referring to
    Did you ever see the Sorcerer's Apprentice? One of Nicolas Cage's finest moments (sarcasm is hard to type)?

Take a look at this scene and you might get a that is a little more impressive than the car...IMHO.

Regarding the Touchstone, I find it charges my VZW Pre+ about as fast as directly plugged in, but if I have a gps app (like Google Maps by 72ka...awesome app by the way...) and Sparkle (great game...by the way...) on, the touchstone can't keep up and so I'm loosing power. Part of that is because if you set the Pre+ on the touchstone, Sparkle stays up and active, and I think this game is a real energy drain...and of course, GPS apps are too.

My family and I (is that redundant?) went on a 6593 mile trip across the northern plains and into the Rockies and even up to the Icefields Parkway of Alberta, and I took Verizon up on their 1 month free VZ Navigator offer back in 2010. I had a vent mount that held my touchstone (turned it upside down so the angle of the surface of the Touchstone was similar to the normal angle when sitting on a flat surface. It worked great! and the cool air from the vent kept the temp down too. Although I didn't do any off road 4-wheeling, I never had a problem with the Pre+ coming off the touchstone.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Vistaus View Post
    Indeed, the Touchstone charges quite fast. Not for the TP, but for the Pre 3 it does.
    I think you misunderstood me. If I'm out and about in my truck with 4G, GPS, BT to phone, and freeTether, then the Touchstone barely keeps up. USB isn't a whole lot better, but at least I know 100% that the charge connection doesn't break with the various.....and there's a lot of variation....bumps on the road.

Just for fun I've opened Govnah with only data on and plugged into a wall charger. My charging current is sitting at ~650 mAh (various fluctuations, brightness at 4%, overclocked to 1.6896GHz). When I turn GPS, freeTether, and BT on, it changes to ~300mA. Unplugged it drops to -500mA. Sitting on a Touchstone, the current changes to about ~150mA. When I turn off GPS, BT and freeTether, it jumps up to ~500mA

So there you have it, according to my non-scientific study....my Pre3 charges twice as fast plugged into a USB charger versus sitting on a Touchstone. And one more thing as well, the heat generated by the Touchstone is a bit of problem for me as well, lack of air conditioning in my work truck doesn't help matters. (Getting replaced this summer thankfully )

Generally I don't have GPS and freeTether on while at home, so the Touchstone works great for me here, just not so much while I'm at work.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    SnotBoogie likes this.
    Don't like to follow anybody's posts in particular. It just a coincidence that you like to put down webos and I like to defend it.

So you say that the touchstone is blah and I say its the greatest thing since slice bread, we diasgree
    Vistaus likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    So there you have it, according to my non-scientific study....my Pre3 charges twice as fast plugged into a USB charger versus sitting on a Touchstone.
    Scientifically speaking, inductive charging is also less efficient by its very nature:

1. It doesn't have a direct conduit; it has to skip through materials instead.
    2. Even more, some of that electricity is lost as heat. The coils in the backing heat up, and that's lost energy.

Even Palm (and later, HP) said from the very beginning that charging from USB to the wall was much faster than the Touchstone. There's really no argument to be had here; it is what it is: Science!
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    So you say that the touchstone is blah and I say its the greatest thing since slice bread, we diasgree
    And I think I speak for all of us when I say that sliced bread is still number 1.
    @sledge: I never had any problems with driving and the Pre 3 coming off of the Touchstone, even with variations in the road. So I guess we just have both different experiences on that.
    @sledge: I never had any problems with driving and the Pre 3 coming off of the Touchstone, even with variations in the road. So I guess we just have both different experiences on that.
    Me too, pre minus nor pre2 never came off Touchstone in car. I have heard that pre3 doesn't fit too good tho
    Getting too personal, this is not twitter to be following people. Mods delete as you see fit please
    Yeah...it is. I hate when that happens. Let's all go get shawarma after this conflict. There's this new shawarma place a couple of blocks away...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Me too, pre minus nor pre2 never came off Touchstone in car. I have heard that pre3 doesn't fit too good tho
    Feel free to simply hit the report button.....saying "Mods feel free to delete if/as you see fit" in the thread does nothing until when/if we stumble upon it, thanks. It's only a click away.

Try driving a 20 year old 7 ton fully loaded, and see how well it stays on the Touchstone.......it doesn't. There aren't too many places I could put it ....the dash above the wheel is sloped to the windshield, floor is no good and neither is the seat, but the lack of A/C is a heat issue as well...also part of the reason I really haven't looked into modding one.

With my old Veer, I could hang it upside down if I wanted to. Pre3 not a chance. I just like having my Pre3 at 100%..and even though I have all these Touchstones.....I STILL plug it in, quite often.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    The back of the Pre3 is curved all the way so it sucks trying to place it correctly on a tochstone, old Pre sits perfect.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123