1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,

I think the problem has been fixed, well at least for me. Try adding or editing your hotmail account on your TouchPad.

Server: http://m.hotmail.com
    Domain: leave blank
    Username: ****@hotmail.com
    Password: *****

I hope everyone has the same luck as I did. Now hopefully Microsoft *also fixes the problem for why we can't get HTML emails using the settings above.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    confirmed worked on my Pre3!
    Yep. Hotmail EAS sync is working again. My Hotmail account had stopped working on both my TouchPad and Pre3 on the 21st of June. But yesterday, it started working again.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Does anyone have an idea if the HTML will ever work with Hotmail again? Looks like Gmail may be the best bet.
    Quote Originally Posted by rtshoff View Post
    Does anyone have an idea if the HTML will ever work with Hotmail again? Looks like Gmail may be the best bet.
    Yeah, it sucks that I have to choose between having good Active Sync and Emails being properly formatted.

When you set it up as pop, Emails look great.
    EAS, they are all text....

=/
    Quote Originally Posted by rtshoff View Post
    Unless someone figures out a hack (hasn't happened in over 3 years that I have seen), MS/Hotmail need to upgrade the version of the EAS server they are using. Base on MS spec the version of Hotmail EAS server does not support HTML e-mail, webOS is coded to conform to the written spec of EAS.

If you go gmail, you can have it pull your hotmail (every 30 minutes I believe) then push via gmail.... this is how I and the wife converted over to gmail way back when we started with webOS.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Unless someone figures out a hack (hasn't happened in over 3 years that I have seen), MS/Hotmail need to upgrade the version of the EAS server they are using. Base on MS spec the version of Hotmail EAS server does not support HTML e-mail, webOS is coded to conform to the written spec of EAS.

If you go gmail, you can have it pull your hotmail (every 30 minutes I believe) then push via gmail.... this is how I and the wife converted over to gmail way back when we started with webOS.
    Seems odd that Microsoft isn't using the newest version of their OWN tech.....
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    sorry this is a bit off topic but is there a way so that if I read a hotmail message on my TP i dont then have to mark the same message on my pre as read?

Thank you
    My university uses Outlook.com for Exchange, and in addition to the server above, they've listed two additional servers in case that one doesn't work:
    https://ch1prd0310.outlook.com
    https://sn2prd0310.outlook.com
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post
    sorry this is a bit off topic but is there a way so that if I read a hotmail message on my TP i dont then have to mark the same message on my pre as read?

Thank you
    If you are using active syncing (push, EAS, whatever term you want to use for it) after time it should mark as read on the other device. Sometimes the notification stays up for a while (I haven't taken the time to really track how long it takes).

I can confirm this works with gmail at least.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post
    LOL I have been saying that for years. My guess is because companies like apple have made a work around for it (not sure how but they have).... so I am guessing MS isn't getting a lot of complaints because I think webOS is the only e-mail client conforming to MS standards...

The last big EAS bug hit all major OS's so it got fixed....
    Quote Originally Posted by rbyrne View Post

Thank you
    Instantaneously? No. But, once your TP syncs with your email account, then your Pre syncs with your email account, it will get marked read.

It's just a matter of the time between syncing that multiple devices are not the same status.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I see pandas.
    Jeez, I type slooooow on Pre3...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I see pandas.
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by shock_terminal View Post
    Actually they are. They rolled out EAS 2010 support for Hotmail, and it subsequently broke tons of devices that only support 2003 and 2007, including the whole webOS Hotmail EAS mess.

So yeah, they do have the latest tech, and the old stuff, just not the one in between that webOS needs for HTML support.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    If iOS and Android can make it work, so should webOS.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad