1.    #1  
    I've had my Touchpad for about 6 months and it won't keep an internet connection for some reason.

I have a Linksys E4200 router, my phone, the wife's Ipads, the kids Ipods all stay connected just fine but I can't seem to go 10 minutes without having to 'reset" the Wifi connection.

Usual procedure:

1) La, la, la...I'm frolicking on my Touchpad all rainbows and unicorns. Look at that cut kitten!
    2) WHAT THE HECK! Why won'y the page load?!
    3) Touchpad still shows connected to my router. It always shows that it is connected but there is no internet.
    4) Turn off wifi on the Touchpad.
    5) Turn on wifi on the Touchpad.
    6) Wait a few seconds to reconnect.
    7) Back to 1) and see how long it lasts this time.

I can't seem to find anyone talking about this issue here or on the Linksys forums. Hopefully someone here can help me out!

Thanks
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    I concur. It happens to mine as well. If I'm not mistaken it is a widespread problem with the TP's. Some say its the version of webOS your on some say its the WiFi radio, some say you need to patch this, some say you need to remove this. I've had this problem on both my TP's . I've unfortunately just dealt with as you say by turning WiFi off, on. I've tried the patches with no difference, same with going back to earlier build. Nothing seems to actually make ANY difference on it.
    I recall reading a post that was similar, though it may have pertained to a different router model. Changing the size of the MTU on the basic setup page of the router solved the issue. WyreNut's post here is the only relevant one I found but I'll update this w/ the relevant info.
    Great, I just picked up a E4200 version 2 to replace the trusty old WRT54G..I knew I should have checked here first, same issue. Wireless-N is so much faster, but it only works for a couple minutes.

I'm off to mess with the MTU setting. Any suggestions, I'm just on the default of 1500.
    32Gb LG G2 - 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 / Cyanogenmod 10.1 (4.2.2) Dual Boot @ 1.8Ghz

RETIRED:
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Mine
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - LunaCE 4.9.5 - Also Mine
    16Gb Pre3 webOS 2.2.4 @ 1.9Ghz - Wife's (replaced with GS3)
    32Gb TouchPad webOS 3.0.5 @ 1.8Ghz - Also Wife's

Past: 2 Sprint Pre(minuses), a Sprintified Pre+, and a Sprintified Pre2.
    I've got a Netgear 600, which I think is the same thing as the Linksys E4000 series, for the most part .. and after about 6-8 hrs of uptime, all my devices that aren't wired start dropping. After a full day, they stop receiving at all. The N is hardly ever available, and the 5Ghz is only available for a few seconds after a restart.

Cheap router is junk. I have half a mind to go back to my dual WRT54g's, except that they get just absolutely choked to death with the number of devices I have.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    used to have the same problem with my e3200 - turned off auto assign ip. Seemed to reduce it quite a bit.
    Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityPre View Post
    I'm off to mess with the MTU setting. Any suggestions, I'm just on the default of 1500.
    A value of 1300 was suggested in the post I linked to above.

Quote Originally Posted by eblade
    I've got a Netgear 600, which I think is the same thing as the Linksys E4000 series, for the most part .. and after about 6-8 hrs of uptime, all my devices that aren't wired start dropping. After a full day, they stop receiving at all. The N is hardly ever available, and the 5Ghz is only available for a few seconds after a restart.
    Not sure if your 600 supports it, but you may get better results w/ a different firmware like DD-WRT (there are others, like OpenWRT, Tomato & FreeWRT but I think the first has better support).

If you get it to work, there are certain things that you can do in order to improve network performance, like using a WRT54G for G/B and the 600 for N. You can also transmit over the entire spectrum (all channels) but that will make you a bad neighbor as others around you will get flooded out w/ inteference
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I was having connection issues and then loaded the patch that's on Preware. I haven't had the problem since
    Yeah, every now and then i keep meaning to look at DD-WRT but it's been quite a long time since they've had a truly stable release, and it's more a pain in the *** right now to actually get into setting it up, than it is to just go to the settings page on the router and click "apply" when things start breaking .

My 54Gs were both DD-WRT, but the Netgear support seems to be pretty questionable. Maybe I'll mess with it after I'm done with work on Sunday and can risk a few hours of downtime.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Seems like the issue is with the device and not your router. Have you tried the preware patch??
    my sister and cousins differing android phones kept dropping/reconnecting randomly untili disabled the dual band feature, no idea why this fixed it but its something else to throw in there.

it can still be a routers fault even if other devices work fine, they just might be more tolerant of a misbehaving router than your touchpad, it would be easier if you had someone elses wifi to borrow to see if your touchpad did the same, if it does its likely your touchpad, if not then its your router.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Seems like the issue is with the device and not your router. Have you tried the preware patch??
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post
    my sister and cousins differing android phones kept dropping/reconnecting randomly untili disabled the dual band feature, no idea why this fixed it but its something else to throw in there.

it can still be a routers fault even if other devices work fine, they just might be more tolerant of a misbehaving router than your touchpad, it would be easier if you had someone elses wifi to borrow to see if your touchpad did the same, if it does its likely your touchpad, if not then its your router.
    It's pretty much across all devices. As a developer, I have pretty much one of everything now (except MS phone..), so my router is getting just rocked by all the hardware talking to it at any given time. I should probably go through and turn off WiFi on anything that I'm not actively using . . but then when I turn it back on, I'll probably have to reset the router to get reconnected :P
    Author:
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    Ive liked my DrayTek routers since i started using those, preferred DLink before that (i think LinkSys before that and a tradgic belkin as well), rough guestimate count has it normally dealing with around 11 devices on average, not including stuff i rarely use like ps vita/psp, nintendo ds etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by geekpeter View Post

Ahh I see. Also could be that you have too many devices on one wireless access point. Or their may be two devices fighting for the same ip address.
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    Ahh I see. Also could be that you have too many devices on one wireless access point. Or their may be two devices fighting for the same ip address.
    i didnt actually try assigning their phones a static IP, all my other devices i give static IP's, theirs were set to auto, might have been a clash, not sure.