Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi everyone,
    my hp touchpad is stuck in a boot loop after I tried adding a font using the webos quick install. I have no idea what caused this and no idea what to do. I'm pretty tech challenged when it comes to the touchpad so I need help.
    I have tried holding the middle and off button for 10-15 secs but it doesn't do anything. It just resets it and it starts the boot loop. My touchpad loads for about 2 seconds before it starts the boot loop.
    Any ideas?
    Thank you
    Hold down the Volume Up button until you enter Recovery Mode (looks like a giant USB symbol when it enters that mode)...it may take a few loops for it to catch, just keep holding it down until it does.

TouchPad Bootloop After Memboot

Start at Post #22 it's laid out pretty clearly on the steps you should take.

If you need webOS Doctor 3.0.0 you can find it here:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    Hold down the Volume Up button until you enter Recovery Mode (looks like a giant USB symbol when it enters that mode)...it may take a few loops for it to catch, just keep holding it down until it does.

TouchPad Bootloop After Memboot

Start at Post #22 it's laid out pretty clearly on the steps you should take.

If you need webOS Doctor 3.0.0 you can find it here:
    WebOS Doctor Versions - WebOS Internals
    thank you so much for your quick reply! I have read the post several times but as I said, I'm completely tech challenged and would greatly appreciate it if you could explain each step more clearly for me.
    thank you so much
    Did you get it into Recovery Mode?
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    yes i got it in recovery mode and i downloaded the web os doctor.
    i don't understand the steps in the link you sent...
    How To Recover - WebOS Internals

Ok then run the webOS Doctor through your command line.
    In Windows you get to the command line by opening up the Start Menu/Run then type cmd and press Enter.

INFORMATION:
    ALWAYS RUN THE WEBOS DOCTOR ON THE COMMAND LINE SO THAT YOU CAN SEE THE CONSOLE OUTPUT WHICH CONTAINS ALL THE DEBUGGING INFORMATION - YOU WILL USUALLY SPOT THE ISSUE IMMEDIATELY IF YOU DO THIS: java -jar doctor-file

If you're running Windows, the java executable is probably not within the PATH environment variable. This means you need to first navigate to your java installation folder before running the webOS Doctor. On most systems it will be something like this:

cd "c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin"
    java -jar <path to doctor-file>

Remember when you type the first command....highlighted above...you do not type in the quotation marks (")

and the second command you enter....should look something similar to this:

java -jar C:\Users\Desktop\Palm\webosdoctorp300hstnhwifi.jar

You can find the exact path of your webOS Doctor file by right clicking the file, then select Properties. It will then display its location on YOUR computer.

Also, do NOT connect your TouchPad to your PC, until instructed to do so by webOS Doctor.
  7.    #7  
    My Java folder is in Program Files not it Program FIles (x86) so I changed the command to c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin but I get the error 'c:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. what should I do?
    thank you for being so patient.
    you forgot the cd part

retype the command like this:

cd c:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin

(This just changes the directory that you are working from.)
  9.    #9  
    so i corrected the first command but now the second command gives the error unable to access jarfile, even though i used the location of it on my computer...
    Copy and paste that command...the second one you typed....so I can see exactly what you typed.
  11.    #11  
    java -jar C:\Users\katiti\Desktop\Palm\webosdoctorp300hstnhwifi.jar

this is what i typed.
    Just to confirm your prompt looks like this:

C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin>
    java -jar C:\Users\katiti\Desktop\Palm\webosdoctorp300hstnhwifi.jar
  13.    #13  
    yup, i double checked and that's what it looks like.
    You may want to try the following steps:

1. Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Default Programs.

2. On choose the programs that windows uses by default, Select “Associate a file type or protocol with a program > Click on the extension (.jar) to view the program that opens it by default.

3. Click change the program and select the default program JAVA virtual machine launcher

4. Click close.

Verify this is set correctly.
  15.    #15  
    it was set on java platform se binary.
    should there be a .jar file in the doctor folder? I don't seem to see one.
    webosdoctorp300hstnhwifi.jar is the jar file that you downloaded.

Something else to try:

Open Start Menu/Run
    Type services.msc
    Scroll down to Palm Novacom
    Right click and select Restart

try java -jar C:\Users\katiti\Desktop\Palm\webosdoctorp300hstnhwifi.jar command again.

Also verify that the doctor file you downloaded ends in .jar
  17.    #17  
    the file i downloaded is a folder, it does not have a .jar extension
    Redownload the doctor from http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions It should be a .jar executable file, not a folder, that's what the problem is.

See the picture below for what you are supposed to download.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  19.    #19  
    that is what i downloaded but it saves as a zip folder not as .jar file.
    Open the .zip folder and extract the .jar file.

Strange, I just clicked that link, and redownloaded it....it saves as a .jar file for me.
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/24/2012 at 03:46 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast