Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes
  1.    #21  
    there is no .jar file in the folder, i extracted all of it's files. inside the zip folder is 3 folders with the names com, meta-inf and recources.
    Do it again. Redownload the file. See the photo for detail.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sledge007; 06/24/2012 at 03:56 PM.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #23  
    ok i have solved the .jar problem. it seems that i had to download it using vpn for it to download correctly...
    can i use version 3.0.5? or do i have to use the 3.0.0 version? seeing as my touchpad was updated to version 3.0.5
    You can try it, but from what I read, it seems people had better success doctoring to 3.0.0, then upgrading to 3.0.5
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #25  
    thank you so much for you time and patience. i will try the steps and repost if i have any problems.
    I bet the file downloaded correctly, and you guys just got it wrong.

This is the stupid thing that Windows per default hides the file extensions; and a Java Archive (.jar) is basically just a variant of .zip (same compression format etc.).

Either one of
    a) due to wrong MIME type/detection, the browser changed the extension during download to .zip
    b) content detection of Windows for files kicked in
    c) you have an compression utility like WinZIP / WinRAR / 7-Zip installed, they often register not only .zip extension but all related archive types too.

So any way, Windows explorer displays it as a "ZIP folder".

...(not even a) pro tip: disable the hiding of extensions in Windows explorer.
    Last edited by don_falcone; 07/09/2012 at 02:22 AM.
    "On ComScore's smartphone market share chart, Nokia's Symbian comes in dead last at 0.5% of the market. Somewhere below that are a few holdout open-source WebOS users who just can't let their dream go." -- Jason Notte // thestreet
    BAbnkr likes this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12