Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    It's possible they're talking about one of the many cheap Android knock-offs also called 'TouchPad'. e.g. TOUCHPAD II: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics
    Quote Originally Posted by kwarner View Post
    Then they hired a bunch of illegals from outside of Home Depot to flash the Cyanogen mod onto the Touchpads to appeal to more people.

Quote Originally Posted by Balooz View Post
    I don't understand this either and I don't think the poster is quite understanding what he's trying to say. E for effort.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    I think he's just (jokingly) trying to say they had it done cheaply....assuming they would actually have HP Touchpads set up for Android.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 06/25/2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: fixed top quote
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathammer View Post
    I think he's just (jokingly) trying to say they had it done cheaply....assuming they would actually have HP Touchpads set up for Android.
    Winner! I was worried I used a situation that was unique to Northern California and no one got the joke.

It's possible they're talking about one of the many cheap Android knock-offs also called 'TouchPad'.
    I didn't realize the clones were using the name "Touchpad". I thought HP had the name trademarked. Now I'm sad.
    I didn't realize the clones were using the name "Touchpad". I thought HP had the name trademarked. Now I'm sad.
    The name's been used a lot before. My laptop has a touchpad on it. eBay-ing just "touchpad" would get you laptop pointing devices.
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Winner! I was worried I used a situation that was unique to Northern California and no one got the joke.

Technically HP holds trademark on TouchPad.

Touchpad or touchpad are not trademarkable as they have existed for years previously and are not a specific product. I just saw a tablet yesterday advertised as a touchpad or Touchpad, random android device.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...

Lumia 1520.3 (the Beastly Unicorn): Windows 10 Mobile

Windows Central Senior Ambassador

Mobile Nations Devotee
    They could be awarding the original 'touchpad' ... but it isn't too portable, so bring a truck. (not sure what the boat steering wheel is for though).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12