1.    #1  
    I dropped my touchpad today. Maybe from about 3 feet. Fell almost right on its back. The screen in much less responsive now (I have to rotate to be able to click certain things, seems like there are a lot of dead spots). :-(

I imagine this is a hardware thing, but I was going to try to doctor it just for good measure. Was wondering if anyone had suggestions on what to do. It still hasn't been a year since I purchased it, so I guess its still under warranty, but not sure how that would work with the ending of production and what not.

Thanks for any help
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    Most warranties don't cover accidental damage such as drops. You could try to push it as just a general hardware failure, since the screen isn't actually broken. Somehow technology seems to get damaged worse from short drops rather than long ones.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by beveragevendor View Post
    Most warranties don't cover accidental damage such as drops. You could try to push it as just a general hardware failure, since the screen isn't actually broken. Somehow technology seems to get damaged worse from short drops rather than long ones.
    Yeah. I've had a case, so unless they can tell somehow from the inner working that it was a drop I would think I would be good. Really upset because I just started using my TP a lot more and was going to use it for some heavy reading for an upcoming trip.
    Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    That bites. But you should probably be fine on a repair if you just say the screen has dead spots. Good luck.