webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  HP TouchPad > microsoft kill exchange / active sync?
microsoft kill exchange / active sync?

Old 06/18/2012, 02:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

I have not seen any posts for this but this had been really irritating. The last week of May i stopped recieving emails pushed to my Touchpad and Pre- from my @Hotmail.com account. Did Microsoft turn off or stop supporting webOS? The instructions where the EAS server is https://m.hotmail.com and domain blank, user and pass is filled it is not working. It definately worked since i got my TP and just stopped working in may. It also killed my calendar and contacts because I use them on exchange as well. During finals and work I had to print paper for my schedule and guess who all my contacts where while texting by reading previous threaded messages. Some people (comments under original how to connect to EAS) suggested logging into the website via the browser to first accept the security certificate and then try connecting the EAS, but I just got a "Windows Live is unavailable from this site" from both TP and Pre, when i go to PC site for full browser, it still does not load.

Anyone know of a fix or can atleast confirm this?
h2o826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

The problem is real. Take a look here: Hotmail Sync (EAS) Broken on Mobile Devices - Microsoft Answers. There's also a discussion here: Hotmail EAS.

Microsoft made some server-side changes to Hotmail that have broken WebOS and many other mobile email/calendar clients.
randyjpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/18/2012, 05:21 PM   #3 (permalink)

I currently have Hotmail working with EAS but only for syncning contacts and calendar. Becuase HTML email does not format with EAS I use POP3 with the below options to emulate EAS.

- Delete email from the server when deleted on device
- Deleted email on device when deleted on from the server.

I have seen much discussion about EAS no longer working on the TouchPad while I have not experienced any problems. All I can come up with is that my alternative setup is unaffect but any changes made by Mircosoft.

Give it a try and report back
yorxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/19/2012, 01:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyjpe View Post
The problem is real. Take a look here: Hotmail Sync (EAS) Broken on Mobile Devices - Microsoft Answers. There's also a discussion here: Hotmail EAS.

Microsoft made some server-side changes to Hotmail that have broken WebOS and many other mobile email/calendar clients.
I double they will make a fix to support legacy devices like the webOS devices

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
I currently have Hotmail working with EAS but only for syncning contacts and calendar. Becuase HTML email does not format with EAS I use POP3 with the below options to emulate EAS.

I have seen much discussion about EAS no longer working on the TouchPad while I have not experienced any problems. All I can come up with is that my alternative setup is unaffect but any changes made by Mircosoft.

Give it a try and report back
What are the email server settings with pop? The server still the same https://m.hotmail.com? incoming and out, should be ssl inc on port 995 and 465 out? Still cant get it to get the right settings. Will that bring the calendar and contact sync through pop?
Old 06/21/2012, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

i got it to set up email with pop3.live.com but its only a mail protocol, no calendar or contacts. So i get my emailed pushed but all my contacts are still through exchange. If i import all my contacts via gmail, will the native webOS google mail settings also sync the contacts? I think thats an imap, which still should only be email?
Old 06/22/2012, 10:39 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have been running for almost a year without issue setup just like this. Your basically setting up 2 hotmail accounts. One with POP for the email using these settings:

In the email cleint turn these on to emulate EAS using POP3

Setup like this in the account
pop3.live.com
email address for username
password
SSL port 995
smtp.live.com
password
TLS port 587

Then setup a second account with Exchange and tell it to sync only contacts and calendar using these settings.

https://m.hotmail.com
domain blank
password

Last edited by yorxs; 06/22/2012 at 10:40 AM. Reason: Typo
yorxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked By: cujoq37
Old 06/24/2012, 10:51 PM   #7 (permalink)

Both my TP and my Pre2 are no longer getting calendar sync through EAS at Live.com

Anyone have a workaround?
upsidedown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06/26/2012, 09:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Hi everyone,

I think the problem has been fixed, well at least for me. Try adding or editing your hotmail account on your TouchPad.

Server: http://m.hotmail.com
Domain: leave blank
Username: ****@hotmail.com
Password: *****

I hope everyone has the same luck as I did. Now hopefully Microsoft *also fixes the problem for why we can't get HTML emails using the settings above.

good luck!!!!
ekleve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01/15/2013, 09:56 AM   #9 (permalink)

As of this week, 2012 / 01 / 15 Hotmail EAS is working flawlessly for me on my Palm Pre 3 WebOS 2.2.4...

In fact, I'm using it as an alternative to Google's EAS.

After subscribing to my Google Calendar in my Hotmail calendar, I can see all events from both calendars on my phone.

Atactic
Syndiotactic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/18/2013, 01:44 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atactic View Post
As of this week, 2012 / 01 / 15 Hotmail EAS is working flawlessly for me on my Palm Pre 3 WebOS 2.2.4...

In fact, I'm using it as an alternative to Google's EAS.

After subscribing to my Google Calendar in my Hotmail calendar, I can see all events from both calendars on my phone.

Atactic
atactic,
Can you describe how you got it set up and to work? I've lost all of my contacts on Pre2 and Pre3 but still have them on my Touchpad. Backing the TP up to Palm Profile doesn't work, so a way of getting them back on the Pre3 other than entering them manually would be appreciated. I have not been able to get Hotmail to sync. Thanks.
Dobrodan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02/19/2013, 06:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Rnp

Email: your e-mail adress
Server: https://m.hotmail.com
Domain: (leave blank)
Username: your FULL e-mail adress (again)
Password: your password (duuuuhhh)

Best Regards...
Old 04/25/2013, 06:33 AM   #12 (permalink)

Hello everyone,

have you tried this?

Greetings
LuciusHunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0