Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By OldSkoolVWLover
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I see that EA Games is having a fathers day sale on some of their games, but not the touchpad. I guess they have totally abanded the touchpad. No love there.
    Last edited by cjf243; 06/16/2012 at 01:05 PM.
    when were they actually supporting it? most of their stuff ive seen was ancient stuff that just happened to function.

even on android (cm9/touchpad or proper android devices) most of the EA (pretty much all tbh) games that require downloading more data dont actually work.
    EA basically dumped fast ports of games over to webOS until they saw whether it'd take off or not. It didn't. That's all.

As for why they don't work on the Touchpad, Google is your friend. EA's games look for specific device identifiers on true, retail Android hardware when downloading the content from their servers, and since the Touchpad was never an official Android device EA simply doesn't allow it to download. Put CM9 on a regular Android phone, however, and it'll download just fine in most cases.
    Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    EA basically dumped fast ports of games over to webOS until they saw whether it'd take off or not. It didn't. That's all.

As for why they don't work on the Touchpad, Google is your friend. EA's games look for specific device identifiers on true, retail Android hardware when downloading the content from their servers, and since the Touchpad was never an official Android device EA simply doesn't allow it to download. Put CM9 on a regular Android phone, however, and it'll download just fine in most cases.
    "most" yeah but again google shows just as many "proper" android users still having issues with EA games, and again most suggest side loading the data from elsewhere which also works for the cm9/touchpad but theres still proper android devices that have to do the same.
    big games like asphalt6 don't work on my Razr maxx. Pdk games worked seemlessly on my pre plus and pre2.

given that most android devices have much better hardware than my pre phones, I can say with fair certainty that the android OS is not optimized for gaming.
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    big games like asphalt6 don't work on my Razr maxx. Pdk games worked seemlessly on my pre plus and pre2.

given that most android devices have much better hardware than my pre phones, I can say with fair certainty that the android OS is not optimized for gaming.
    Asphalt 6 works flawlessly on my HTC Amaze and can say with perfect certainty that the issue is not with Android but your phone. I haven't had a single game that doesn't play on my phone and it came out last October.

Edit: Looked it up and Gameloft doesn't like Moto phones, so they won't allow them to be used on those phones. More to do with the phone and not the OS.
    Asphalt 6 works flawlessly on my HTC Amaze and can say with perfect certainty that the issue is not with Android but your phone. I haven't had a single game that doesn't play on my phone and it came out last October.

Edit: Looked it up and Gameloft doesn't like Moto phones, so they won't allow them to be used on those phones. More to do with the phone and not the OS.

same problem for me on a samsung fascinate and samsung stratosphere.
    So its not just motorola...my phone has a 1.2 ghz dual core processor with 1 gb ram and can't run asphalt 6 without hiccuping. So at some point the problem is with android.

from my TouchPad using Communities
    Global Posts
    281 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MDsmartphone View Post
    same problem for me on a samsung fascinate and samsung stratosphere.
    So its not just motorola...my phone has a 1.2 ghz dual core processor with 1 gb ram and can't run asphalt 6 without hiccuping. So at some point the problem is with android.

from my TouchPad using Communities
    I did a lot of searching with your phones and issues with Gameloft games and I can't find a single person with the same problem as you. Like I stated earlier, I did find issues with Moto phones and Gameloft. You might try posting in the forums on the sister site(android central) to see if someone has the solution.

Other thing is how can you say the problem is with Android when the game runs perfectly well on my Android phone.

Here's Asphalt 6 running on an HTC HD2 (1ghz processor with 448MB of RAM)

The HTC Sensation has about the same specs as yours and here's it running Asphalt 6

Older Samsung Galaxy S playing it.
    ahh the classic reply "it should work for all android devices because it works for me"

great your lucky then but it still doesn't change the fact that there are craptons of android users having issues with EA and have had the same issue for several years with no fix.
    Listen I love my DROID RAZR maxx ( and dream however hopelessly that I can put open webOS onto this thing one day) but it doesn't run games as smoothly as my pre phones or my iPod touch. Something is amiss there.
    the EA issues are probably because their so stinking rich as it is that they dont really want or need the extra funds some low prices tablet/phone games rake in. (possibly low funds coz not a hell of a lot of ppl can buy/play them, handy that android ppl can get a refund within 10-15mins tho)
    <thread closed>

This one got a lil too far off-topic.
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    HelloNNNewman likes this.