1.    #1  
    Here's a little story about my bad experiences with HP/Palm.

I have not been able to use my HP TouchPad since January.

I have to say I've sent my HP Touchpad in for Repair over 6 or 7 times.

The first time I ever sent in my Touchpad was only to fix the Vibration Motor which no longer worked. Ever since then, they have been returning my TouchPad back with new problems.

The Volume Button was very loose and sunk into the tablet (not sticking out) Would have to press hard to make it work and when you shake that tablet a little bit. The Volume buttons would be hitting against the tablet, making a rattling noise.

I probaly had to send in my tablet about 4 or 5 times because of that same issue that they never seem to be able to fix.

Also I noticed that upper left corner of my screen would be slightly sticking out. HP/Palm's service center never fixed that problem either.

The second last time I recieved my TouchPad back from the service center. There was noticable damage to the (Rubber Gasket) that sits between the Screen and the Outter Shell of the Tablet. and parts of the screen weren't locked in place and on the left side of the screen there was a glow when the screen was black, very noticable LCD Bleed. So once again like always I go back to request another repair. I send my unit back again for like the 7th time, and when I get it back, theres a paper in the box that says;

We're Sorry that we couldn't get this back to you as good as new. The device that was returned to us is not repairable. This may mean that the device has suffered water damage or physical abuse, or it is otherwise damaged beyong a repairable state. It is now being returned to you in an unrepairbale state. You will be issued a refund if a repair fee was processed. Please contact Support if you have any question.

This is BS. After my unit being through the repair facility more than 7 times, they now say it's unrepairable. After all the 7 times my unit has been "REPAIRED" they made it worse everytime. Now I have A unit with an LCD screen detaching on certain parts and not seated correctly, LCD had Bleeds on it with glowing spots when the screen is black, and the rubber gasket/edge is damage from them attempting to repair it. And now they claim I have done Physical Damage that they aren't willing to repair it anymore. They have done this damage and they blame me.

Note that I have always been requesting to have the Unit replaced, not repaired because apparently these guys in Texas do not know what they are doing. All they do is either recieve it, clean the screen with a rag, pack it back up and send it back or they do something that makes it worse than it was before. They never are willing to replace it.

I hope someone in the admin team can see this and help me solve this issue once and for all and get a **bleep** working unit. 6 months without using my HP TouchPad. The Service center is a joke, I'm very fed up with Hp/PALM. Please Help.

Here are my SRO Number History.
    S1-511287249833
    S1-511295895499
    S1-511169823206
    S1-511197216993
    S1-511225643596
    S1-511240428841
    S1-511034822927

Thank you for taking the time to read this
    Gustavo Guillen
    Cinnabar Corporation - Cinnabar Custom Computers - Cinnabar Computer Repairs
    Sprint Palm Pre August 2009 - July 2011
    HP TouchPad 32GB Since July 2011
    Sprint HTC EVO 3D Since July 2011

My contributions to PreCentral:
    INCREASE The SPEED of your EVDO Connection!
    HP's support has always been dismal IIRC

my sister's laptop melted itself, and I later found out it was to poor design and a defective nvidia chip (3 yrs later)
    I researched it, and it turns out HP released a BIOS update to 'fix' it.
    Solution: Run fans at all times, faster.
    All these horror stories about people's laptops breaking literally 3 days out of warranty.

Apple just replaced the laptops, clean, simple, keeps the customer happy. (they used the same problematic chip.

HP should fix up customer support. Or they won't have customers to support eventually...
    I had one of those. Had to reseat the gpu each month or so. HP told me that it didn't happen with my laptop.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Wow. Send a note to exec office for Whitman. I think there is an email on the website somewhere for feedback but to be honest I would send a physical letter through snail mail.

edit: for the record: they repaired both touchpads of mine (cracked speakers), the first one through advanced exchange. They also repaired the Veer screen as I asked although I don't think they fixed the power issue but I was able to do that myself and they also listened to my instructions to ask them not to doctor as it was already TTS 2.2.4 and I wasn't sure if that would be ruined if they doctored (although the Veer got lost between 2 repair facilities for awhile, they did find it)
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    Wow. Send a note to exec office for Whitman. I think there is an email on the website somewhere for feedback but to be honest I would send a physical letter through snail mail.

edit: for the record: they repaired both touchpads of mine (cracked speakers), the first one through advanced exchange. They also repaired the Veer screen as I asked although I don't think they fixed the power issue but I was able to do that myself and they also listened to my instructions to ask them not to doctor as it was already TTS 2.2.4 and I wasn't sure if that would be ruined if they doctored (although the Veer got lost between 2 repair facilities for awhile, they did find it)
    Your lucky as they wouldn't fix the speaker cracks on either of my TouchPads or repair my Veer. I wrote to Meg Whitman and they had a representative ring back. Apparently they couldn't repair the white TP as it was never released (despite the fact that it came in a sealed retail box with the warranty forms). My other TouchPad couldn't be fixed because it had a U.S. serial number, and HP Australia will only repair Australian products (despite the warranty documentation saying otherwise). The Veer couldn't be repaired as it was never released in Australia. I was more than happy to send them back to the U.S. to be fixed (and pay for all postage costs), but they weren't happy for this to happen.

Stu :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by stuartguthrie View Post
    Your lucky as they wouldn't fix the speaker cracks on either of my TouchPads or repair my Veer. I wrote to Meg Whitman and they had a representative ring back. Apparently they couldn't repair the white TP as it was never released (despite the fact that it came in a sealed retail box with the warranty forms). My other TouchPad couldn't be fixed because it had a U.S. serial number, and HP Australia will only repair Australian products (despite the warranty documentation saying otherwise). The Veer couldn't be repaired as it was never released in Australia. I was more than happy to send them back to the U.S. to be fixed (and pay for all postage costs), but they weren't happy for this to happen.

Stu :-)
    I'm very sorry to hear of your troubles. Yes when I mentioned the Pre3 to the HP repair guy he told me to be careful as HP would not repair it if is broken, seeing that they do not repair unreleased products.