1.    #1  
    Hello,

So I was just planning to overclock my Touchpad and I have never done it before. So started reading up and decided to go with the below guide and cannot add the feeds as their address has been changed.

http://forum.xda-developers(dot)com/....php?t=1230912

I would like to know what is the best way, or the most common way of overclocking the touchpad to 1.5 or 1.7GHz?
    I was planning to use the FiSC kernel but the feeds are not working and so want some tips/advice.

Thanx in advance!
    You need to put your device in developer mode, install latest version of webos quick install on your pc and connect your phone to the pc to get preware made by webos internals. There is a guide on the touchpad forum--called Getting Started with the Touchpad or something like that. It will guide you through that.

Once you get preware, you will have access to all homebrew programs and patches so look around and enjoy.

What you will need to install to overclock is Govnah program which runs the kernel and the uberkernel itself.
    webos internals has asked that we direct everyone to their wiki for how to get the feeds for those programs as they are in the beta feeds I think if I recall correctly. You can google easily and find instructions.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    You need to put your device in developer mode, install latest version of webos quick install on your pc and connect your phone to the pc to get preware made by webos internals. There is a guide on the touchpad forum--called Getting Started with the Touchpad or something like that. It will guide you through that.

Once you get preware, you will have access to all homebrew programs and patches so look around and enjoy.

What you will need to install to overclock is Govnah program which runs the kernel and the uberkernel itself.
    webos internals has asked that we direct everyone to their wiki for how to get the feeds for those programs as they are in the beta feeds I think if I recall correctly. You can google easily and find instructions.
    I already have preware and use a bunch of system patches. I wud like to know, why does one need the feeds..what are they for?
    the feeds contain beta and alpha apps and patches and are only good if you are not scared of bricking your device . Just saying. They are easy to install if you google beta feeds you can find the internals wiki on how to do it. I clocked to 1.7 and have had my Tpad that way for the last 7 months or more. Everything is fine here.
    Feeds are the way homebrew packages are organized.

To discourage unprepared individuals from randomly installing kernels, frying their devices and then complaining to webos internals; bleeding edge kernel development was relegated to newly created alpha and beta feeds. "Stable" items were placed into the "regular" feeds.

By design, Preware does not 'arrive' with these alpha and beta feeds active. One must follow the instructions at
    Testing Feeds - WebOS Internals to enable Preware to access these feeds.

If you are looking for 'plain jane' overclocking (without enabling the alpha/beta feeds); then the Uberkernel should be available under Available Packages -> Kernels -> Stable.
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.
  6.    #6  
    ok so I just installed uberkernel and govnah and loaded the 1.5ghz profile for uberkernel, so now everytime I turn on my touchpad it automatically runs @ 1.5ghz, correct? I don't need to run Govnah, yeah?
    Also, I would like to add the alpha and beta feeds, is there anything you guys wud recommend installing from them?
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky88shp View Post
    ok so I just installed uberkernel and govnah and loaded the 1.5ghz profile for uberkernel, so now everytime I turn on my touchpad it automatically runs @ 1.5ghz, correct? I don't need to run Govnah, yeah?
    Also, I would like to add the alpha and beta feeds, is there anything you guys wud recommend installing from them?
    Govnah is just the GUI to 'set' the kernel. No need to leave open or re-run on every boot up if the default uberkernel profile is selected.

As I use a custom profile, I find that on a full device restart, I need to open up govnah and reselect it.

Re: alpha / beta feeds.
    You will find more kernels there if thats what you are interested in. As for alpha/beta apps and patches, I do not recall at the moment (don't have my TP with me).
    This space for rent or lease. Inquire within.