Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    Box sent me a link a few days ago for free sync desktop app
    Can you tell me more about this? I have a few accounts with them for work and personal, might have gotten it but not paid attention.

Never mind found the email but it is only for the box business accounts.
    Last edited by bluenote; 06/13/2012 at 01:19 PM.
    Dunno. Got it a few days after I sent an invite so my girlfriend could get the free 50gb. Not sure if that is related or not. All I know is, I basically got a free 50 gb online hard drive with my $170 32gb touch pad, and it rules.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P Mosh View Post
    I've been thinking of buying a "new iPad" for quite some time now so I could write documents for my job on the go without having to carry a heavy laptop. Recently though I rekindled my love for Palm and webOS and a few days ago it dawned on me that there was a webOS tablet. So my question is which one costs less, which one has the better OS, which one is larger, and which one is better for documents, thanks!
    If you want things to be simple, and you want your hand held every step of the way, and you dont want to customize your tablet, and you want to be stuck on one OS, then buy an iPad. If you want to get a piece of history, and two OS's (or baisclaly two tabs) for the price of one, if you want the most elegant OS ever concieved (even if it does some some issues) and Android as a backup then get the TP. with Google Drive on the Android side you can do everythin you need with documents in class and then put the finer points on them with your computer without ever having to transfer any information.

plus, 32GB TP - $150 on ebay 16 GB ipad 2 400 you do the math.
    If you want a tablet with a company still in the tablet business, there are choices outside of the iPad.
    I'd choose the iPad, HOWEVER, there is no accessible filesystem, so i can't just load up a file n go, (but i also have dropbox, so it works), also, app switching isn't great, but thats more of a fluidity issue
    m505 > Z|71 > T|C > T|T3 > LifeDrive > iPod touch 4 >
    Pre 2 > Treo Pro > Aria > Treo 650 > Lumia 920 > BB Z10 > BB Q10
    Lumia 830 > 635 > iPhone 5s > Galaxy Alpha > Lumia 640 >
    iPhone 5c > Nexus 5 > Nexus 5X > Blackberry Priv
    My Palm OS Archive
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. P Mosh View Post
    I've been thinking of buying a "new iPad" for quite some time now so I could write documents for my job on the go without having to carry a heavy laptop. Recently though I rekindled my love for Palm and webOS and a few days ago it dawned on me that there was a webOS tablet. So my question is which one costs less, which one has the better OS, which one is larger, and which one is better for documents, thanks!
    I hate to say it since I own a Touch Pad, but the Apple iPad is the way to go. The future of WebOS is still in doubt and HP no longer makes the Touch Pad. Hope this helps.
    Or simply dual boot linux and solve the whole problem.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Quote Originally Posted by Daughain View Post
    Or simply dual boot linux and solve the whole problem.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    I like this because it means I am running desktop software instead of tablet software so more features.
    Also because chromium browser and firefox browser (I think) report to sites as desktop browser so I don't get sites telling me to go to their app or use the mobile version.
  9. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    If you are reading a lot of pdfs and also want to write on them - the touchpad isn't even in the same galaxy as the ipad. I don't own an ipad and don't plan to but have been using one this week for work reasons and it's night and day with the touchpad.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12