1.    #1  
    Hello,

First of all, im glad we Touchpad owners have at least some shoulder to cry on. Thank you webOSnation!

Now, my touchpad died about two weeks ago and ot has been dead ever since. I took it to a guy who claimed to be able to fix it only to have him open it and close it back because he was an incompetent wannabe. Ive had it on charge for the last 6 hours using my iPad's charger. The charger is working fine as it will charge my iPad and my Nexus S too but the touchpad is showing no signs of life.

Ive tried all sprt of button combos to no avail.

If its any help, i had CM9 on it before ot just died out of the blue one morning when i came back to check my email.

I would really like a solution no matter how drastic the requirements because its dead anyway so might as well try and fix it.

Thank you so much for your valued time.

Regards.

UPDATE: I tried plugging it into my Windows 7 PC using the volume up + power button combo and Windows sees it as PALM but immediately fails to install any drivers for it. Then when I hold the Home+Power buttons for a bit windows makes the sound the one it makes when you remove a USB device which im guessing means something is turning off on the TP.
    Last edited by delphicwhisky; 06/09/2012 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Have an update!
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    You need a touchpad charger. Do you you have one.?
    Quote Originally Posted by delphicwhisky View Post
    Hello,

................................Ive had it on charge for the last 6 hours using my iPad's charger. The charger is working fine as it will charge my iPad and my Nexus S too but the touchpad is showing no signs of life.

Regards.
    The TouchPad will NOT charge from an iPad charger or any charger other than a TouchPad Charger. At best, it will trickle charge but if the TouchPad is fully discharged, it will not be sufficient to kick it into life.
    If you don't have one, and live in the USA, you can buy them directly from hp.com for $5 free shipping. Otherwise your best bet will probably be eBay.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  5.    #5  
    I tried the iPad charger since its a 10v charger and charges my new iPad's 11500mah battery. Its been on charge with the original charger for about 1 hours now but no life
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    No. Use your Touchpad charger. Its not voltage but power you need.

Alan
  7.    #7  
    I am. Please see my last post. Its been well over 6 hours with the original charger now. Still no luck.

UPDATE: I tried plugging it into my Windows 7 PC using the volume up + power button combo and Windows sees it as PALM but immediately fails to install any drivers for it. Then when I hold the Home+Power buttons for a bit windows makes the sound the one it makes when you remove a USB device which im guessing means something is turning off on the TP.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by delphicwhisky; 06/09/2012 at 05:48 AM.
    You may have a faulty TouchPad Power Supply .... or ....Cable.

Firstly, check that the Barrel is properly seated on the Plug adapter. Un-twist it to release the bayonet and re-seat it. This is the commonest source of problems with the TouchPad Barrel PSU.

Secondly, Try replacing the USB Cable. These ape prone to failure and because the TouchPad requires the Data lines to sense its correct PSU, all four lines are required to enable charging.

Better still, if you are in the USA, invest the $5 in a replacement PSU from the HP Store as Alan suggested.
    If you want to connect the TP under USB Mode you'll need the Novacom drivers. Grab WOSQI and have it download automatically for you.
  10.    #10  
    @Wheel_nut

I'm located outside of the US and the charger should be working fine because when the TP died it was being charged by my phone's charger and the TP charger worked fine last I used it. I've tried charging my phone with the TP charger+cable and it charges it fine.

@GMMan

Thank you. However is there any use since its dead?
    @Wheel_nut

........ the charger should be working fine because when the TP died it was being charged by my phone's charger
    As has been said before, the TouchPad will NOT charge from your Phone Charger or any charger not specifically made for the TouchPad. So, I am not surprised that it died!
    and the TP charger worked fine last I used it.
    Until it ran out of Charge! It is a known phenomenon that a fully discharged TouchPad can be difficult to revive and needs to be left for several hours ... or even days before it will accept charge.

I've tried charging my phone with the TP charger+cable and it charges it fine.
    That proves nothing. The TouchPad senses the state of the Data Lines at the Charger and will only accept charge if the state is correct. I don't know what your Phone is but most Phones will charge if supplied with 5V @<1A. Thus, if one of the Data lines or contacts in the cable or Charger socket or TouchPad Socket is damaged, The TouchPad won't charge.
  12.    #12  
    I'm almost certain that my charger is fine. Hence, I will keep on charging it with the barrel charger for some time and i hope i get lucky some how.
    I'm almost certain that my charger is fine. Hence, I will keep on charging it with the barrel charger for some time and i hope i get lucky some how.
    This thread may help .. http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...-touchpad.html