1.    #1  
    I took a small brake from using my Touchpad and in coming here but now that I am using it again I have noticed that the preware homebrew seems to have stopped working. I don't have the calendar coming up in month view, 'Make It So' in the 'Just type' field is gone and really all I seem to have is a theme. I have tried just "starting over" but I can't seem to even get the WebOS installer to run on my Windows 7 desktop (yes, everything is up-to-date). I haven't tried running it on my laptop (also Windows 7) yet which I will do when I get home.

What started this whole thing was the fact that I tried to get pReader to open a book that is bigger than 10mp then tried to get Amazon Kindle to open it and got frustrated when neither could do so and I noticed that a lot of things aren't working the way I left it. After looking around here I am not finding anything either.

Anyone have any suggestions or fixes they'd like to share? Please? I really want to read some of these books I can't get to work on my Sony eReader!
    Did you recently update webOS? Chances are some patches have been overwritten. How is Preware not working? Won't start or stuck on something?
  3.    #3  
    None of the patches work anymore. I can uninstall them, except the Muffle System Logging which won't update or remove. But I cannot reinstall ANY patch.

I don't know how recently the WebOS updated itself. I can tell you it is on 3.0.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPriestess View Post
    None of the patches work anymore. I can uninstall them, except the Muffle System Logging which won't update or remove. But I cannot reinstall ANY patch.

I don't know how recently the WebOS updated itself. I can tell you it is on 3.0.5.
    Are the patches which you cannot reinstall shown as available in Preware. What indications do you get when you try to reinstall.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Are the patches which you cannot reinstall shown as available in Preware. What indications do you get when you try to reinstall.
    The first error I get however is when I open Preware; "Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....5/Packages.gz 2>&1 curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404"

Hit ok and it finishes starting up.

I imagine they are available as I see them when I open Preware, Available Packages, Patch etc. They are there in Preware, When I try to install I get an error that tells me to look at the IPKG log and when I do it says:

"Begin
    Nothing Interesting
    Failed
    -1 Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....0.4-3_all.ipk 2>&1 curl (@@) The requested URL returned error: 404"

Same thing I get for any patch I try to install. But of course instead of "Calendar-default-to-month-view" it'll have the name of whatever patch I'm trying to install.
    Quote Originally Posted by JediPriestess View Post
    The first error I get however is when I open Preware; "Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....5/Packages.gz 2>&1 curl: (22) The requested URL returned error: 404"

Hit ok and it finishes starting up.

I imagine they are available as I see them when I open Preware, Available Packages, Patch etc. They are there in Preware, When I try to install I get an error that tells me to look at the IPKG log and when I do it says:

"Begin
    Nothing Interesting
    Failed
    -1 Unable to run command: /usr/bin/curl -s -l --user-agent Preware --location --fail --show-error http://ipkg.preware.org/feeds/webos-....0.4-3_all.ipk 2>&1 curl (@@) The requested URL returned error: 404"

Same thing I get for any patch I try to install. But of course instead of "Calendar-default-to-month-view" it'll have the name of whatever patch I'm trying to install.
    It's not finding feed pages. Is your Preware version 1.9.10?
    Last edited by johncc; 06/07/2012 at 01:00 AM.
    This kind of thing happened to me once. Try uninstalling Preware from the Preware app itself, then reininstall Preware using WOSQI. Once it's reinstalled, run EPR just to be safe, then a full AUSMT recovery. Reboot and try reinstalling any patches you had before (hopefully you have a save/restore Preware backup to make it easy). Let us know if you get stuck and we'll try to help you further. Sorry for the headache, I feel your pain. Been there, done that. Oh, and try to uninstall your theme before running EPR. If all that fails, you probably need a visit to the webOS doctor (I know, I know, kind of a pain.) Hopefully save/restore and backup still works to help get you restored easily.
    Stay thirsty, my friends
  8.    #8  
    *UPDATE*
    I uninstalled preware and re-installed it via my laptop with WOSQI and it is back to running all my patches again. I didn't do anything else but uninstall and re-install and it is doing just fine. Took the time to add a few new patches and items and now I'm back messing around with it like I had before.

Thanks for all the help.