1.    #1  
    Hi
    I already have a Pre3 and I was wondering about getting a Touchpad.
    What has been your experiences with this combination. And which Touchpad should I get the plain wifi or the wifi+4G?

Is it really worth it having the 4G on the Touchpad or can I get by with tethering between the Pre3 and the Touchpad?
    Do I use the same profile on both or do I have to create yet another profile (one for each machine).

Assuming I can use the same profile on both, does the contact list and calendar remain in sync in both?

Can I use the GPS on the Pre from the Touchpad (assuming I get the wifi only that does not have GPS built-in)?

I'd like to know your experiences about it...

thanks

JP
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by pepebuho View Post
    Hi
    I already have a Pre3 and I was wondering about getting a Touchpad.
    What has been your experiences with this combination. And which Touchpad should I get the plain wifi or the wifi+4G?

Is it really worth it having the 4G on the Touchpad or can I get by with tethering between the Pre3 and the Touchpad?
    Do I use the same profile on both or do I have to create yet another profile (one for each machine).

Assuming I can use the same profile on both, does the contact list and calendar remain in sync in both?

Can I use the GPS on the Pre from the Touchpad (assuming I get the wifi only that does not have GPS built-in)?

I'd like to know your experiences about it...

thanks

JP
    ok, if nobody is going to reply thinking maybe that it is too obvious, could somebody please guide me toward some of the answers? pls? Just a little pointer (not google) in the right direction?

Thnks

JP
    well with a Pre you can get Freetether from Preware and tether at no extra charge, just watch your data amounts.. Also, you can get your phone calls and text routed to your Touchpad, which is always cool.
    some people dual boot with Android. There are instruction around on how to do that if you look.
    how did you end up with a Pre 3?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by casiouser View Post
    well with a Pre you can get Freetether from Preware and tether at no extra charge, just watch your data amounts.. Also, you can get your phone calls and text routed to your Touchpad, which is always cool.
    some people dual boot with Android. There are instruction around on how to do that if you look.
    how did you end up with a Pre 3?
    Ebay.

I wonder, do I use the same profile in both the touchpad and the pre3? can the contact list, bookmarks, apps be shared between both of them (of couse there are some apps that do not run on both, I mean those that do,for example preader, would it remember where I am reading at the pre3 when I pickup the touchapd). That's the kind of functionality experience I would like to know and I find it a little hard to find out in google
    Global Posts
    962 Global Posts
    I have a pre3 and TPs and they can all sync to the same profile and have common data. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $there$ $is$ $no$ $preader$ $sync$.
    Original Palm Pilot+modem > Kyocera QCP 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 650 > HTC TyTN (ugh) > Palm Centro > Nokia E75 > Nokia E72 + iPad2 > HP Veer + TouchPad + UK Pre3 + AT&T Pre3 > iPad2 + ATT Pre3 + Nokia N9 > Galaxy S3 > Pre3 > Nexus 4 > Blackberry Q10 + Galaxy Note 8.0
    Apps that you bought can be downloaded to either devices. You just have to do it manually unless you're doing a restore. Some apps won't be available from App Catalog on the TP and vice versa, but if you find the .ipk and grab it while the app's installing you can use WOSQI or Preware to install it on the other device (not guaranteed to work). There's an official Wi-Fi Hotspot app in the App Catalog that you can probably install for the Pre3 and it'll setup a Wi-Fi connection for you. (Oddly enough it also seems to work on the TP, but because there's no outside Internet connection you can't do much with it.)
    if you look up "App Tuckerbox" in preware you can have any and all apps even pre3 apps on your TPad and vice versa . Yes its kool ! Excuse me I mean any apps paid for or free . Lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  8.    #8  
    How about the GPS? Can applications on the Touchpad (Navit, Maptool, etc.) use the GPS on the Pre3? I understand there is no GPS inside the Touchpad.
    TP with tether via Pre works fine - but all the radio acvtivity ;-) drains a lot of power obviously (on the Pre3 acting as wifi access point).

Yes - you use the sam profile (shares a lot of the apps you bought too).
    Yes - contacts sync.
    Pre -> Pre3 & TP32 -> Nexus 5
    this brings up a question and thanks for this thread - i have a Pre3, haven't activated it yet, still on Pre+ with free hotspot. But does Google Latitude app work on the Pre3?