Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    So last night my catalog wasn't working. Now one of my children brings me my touchpad and informs me that it isn't working. So I plug it in the wall thinking that all it needs is to be charged. Much to my surprise that after the glowing hp orb does its' thing....I am asked what language, country, wifi connection and an hp disclosure agreement. It is like I had just doctored my touchpad. All of the preware is gone along with all the apps downloaded there. No signs of any patches. Has anyone ever had this happen to them. This has been a rough couple of days for me and my touchpad. Any information to help understand this would be great. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkromero View Post
    So last night my catalog wasn't working. Now one of my children brings me my touchpad and informs me that it isn't working. So I plug it in the wall thinking that all it needs is to be charged. Much to my surprise that after the glowing hp orb does its' thing....I am asked what language, country, wifi connection and an hp disclosure agreement. It is like I had just doctored my touchpad. All of the preware is gone along with all the apps downloaded there. No signs of any patches. Has anyone ever had this happen to them. This has been a rough couple of days for me and my touchpad. Any information to help understand this would be great. Thanks.
    Well I had this happen once on me, thought what did I do?

I had configured a corporate email, of which IT dept, scheduled a data wipe... (We were switching providers), then instead of just removing that email, HP/Palm implementation is to wipe the entire phone/touchpad (on same profile), all data (even USB drive content was missing but not all lost).... Backup(s) are good things fyi meta doctor script makes it real easy....

Just to ask did you configure any corporate email? Or send a device wipe from the manage my device web site?
    Last edited by John Steffes; 06/01/2012 at 09:04 PM.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Steffes View Post
    Well I had this happen once on me, thought what did I do?

I had configured a corporate email, of which IT dept, scheduled a data wipe... (We were switching providers), then instead of just removing that email, HP/Palm implementation is to wipe the entire phone, all data (even USB drive content was missing but not all lost).... Backup(s) are good things fyi meta doctor script makes it real easy....

Just to ask did you configure any corporate email? Or send a device wipe from the manage my device web site?
    No, honestly I didn't even know that could be done. Thank you for your input. I really appreciate it. I have been pondering about this for over an hour and have concluded, while watching all my apps reload, that if someone..say a three year old child who likes to watch movies on said TouchPad could have possibly made it into device info, then into reset options and finally ending at Full Erase. In my novice opinion I think this is the most logical chain of events. I made this new thread under an excessive amount of panic and I apologize to the moderators of this site and all its members.