Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Streetseller0
  1.    #1  
    Android OS (HP Touchpad) Easy Installer Uninstaller Software | eBay

is this internalz software that someone took for free and is making money off of, or is it webOS nation trying to score some funding?

I don't need it, but someone is either
    1- selling something that the people here worked hard on to help the community, and it isn't theirs to sell
    2- the above, but it IS theirs to sell
    3- a program unrelated that someone wrote independently

not trying to be a busy body, but I HATE pirating
    It's not Internalz. Internalz is an app for your TouchPad. This looks more like a script, and the guy's an ***** for charging for something that not only is freely available information, but takes all of 10 minutes of your time. If you have installed any version of CM7/9 etc, then you already have the know-how on how to uninstall it. If anything they are distributing Novacom software, but I'm not sure exactly what they are packaging, so not 100% sure on it. Rip off, rip off, RIP OFF.

Sent a message to HardBeatz to have a look at it.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
  3.    #3  
    I thought "internalz" was the group that ran the wiki site with all the info on making your webOS stuff work right. I was referring to that, not the file manager. Shows how clueless I am though.

if its isn't the seller's code, it is theft pretty much, either way.

also, a lot of people buy their TP second hand with CM already installed... Just a thought. That is why the price for the TP is actually holding pretty steady, or even up a bit on the used market.
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    It's not Internalz. Internalz is an app for your TouchPad. This looks more like a script, and the guy's an ***** for charging for something that.
    well, he's not an '*****' but other words come to mind!
    He's got that magic word "EASY" in the title.
    I think when you go to install CM the free way, , it has that paragraph saying something like "Voids warranty....you assume all risks, ect. " So to see this listing would be very reassuring.
    You plug your phone in?
  5.    #5  
    whoa...

this post was NOT about whether or not an installation app was a bad thing to sell...

I simply asked if someone was selling a quickinstall package written by someone in this community. If I wrote a program, and someone downloaded it and then made copies and sold it, I'd be ****ed.

people advertise all the time that they can jailbreak/root/mod stuff via ebay and capitalist, and they do it using free stuff from forums like these. No problem, they still provide the service of actually doing the work.

again... Just making sure no one was selling something that wasn't theirs to sell...
    Hi, my name is Tyler (Streetseller0)

Creator and Owner of the Android OS (HP Touchpad) Easy Installer Uninstaller Software

First, let me clear some things up.

This is a program I wrote from scratch. I have spent months creating the Android OS (HP Touchpad) Easy Installer Uninstaller Software and I am continuing to improve the features on it every day by myself.

Why did I create this program?

I learned from selling the world’s best step by step manuals collected from various forums and You Tube videos and created my own step by step detailed manual in which I made it as easy as possible to explain to anyone who knows nothing about how to install the Android OS to their HP Touchpad. I even took it one step further and collected and download all the files needed to get the Android OS installed and sent it with my manual without them having to go all over the web. Every file needed was right there in front of them ready to go. All they had to do is install the programs and move files to the right folders and run the installation code. Still, people were frustrated and upset due to the time and steps to the process even after I sold the easy step by step manuals with all the files ready to go (which I did not offer support for). They still sought the same forums and You Tube videos and were still unable to understand it. The only people who understood it were people who knew a little bit about the DOS system (knew how to navigate the file systems and where to put the files in the right places within the folders). I too spent hours and hours of searching forums and You Tube videos. Of course, it made sense to me because all my knowledge over the years but most people do not want to take time to learn things or spend hours and/or days trying to get it to work. They just want it to work correctly with not a lot of effort.

My Program Solution with a Vision

I had a buyer for my step by step manual (Brain A) who writes apps for the Android OS because he did not want to spend hours and hours figuring out how to install the Android OS or where to find all the correct files. One day he emailed me and told me that I should package everything in an installer. This gave me the idea to create a program that will do most of the things automatically where you do not have to know anything about how to use, navigate, or run code within DOS. You don’t have to know where to put certain files in what folders because it is automatic. You don’t have to go to different websites to find what files to download and to be honest, I hate downloading files from the websites because you have to wait a certain amount of time before downloading it and all the Advertising that goes with it. Also, people may not know if they are downloading the right files since they are all scattered across different websites. I even took my program a step further which it will automatically detect whether it 32bit or 64bit OS, so it will allow you to install the right programs based off your system.

There are only three things you really need to know and do. One, connect your HP to your computer via USB with WebOS on and mount USB. Two, it will automatically pop up your computer or my computer drives which will allow you to see what drive letter your HP Touchpad is on. You will enter that drive letter and it will check it and create and transfer all files and folders needed to the HP Touchpad. Third, when it is time, it will ask you to put your HP in Boot Mode. If you do not know what that is, it will tell the simplest way to do that before continuing. After all that, you have Android OS on your HP Touchpad with an easy way to uninstall it. That’s it! Very simple! I also offer email support but to be honest, most of my customers do not need it. Same with the Uninstaller, you will put it Boot Mode and select Uninstall and it does it all for you.

Another reason why I created this was some people want to go from CM7 to CM9, but you can’t just upgrade from CM7 to CM9, you will have to uninstall that version and reinstall the new version. For every update, I personally did not want to remember the Uninstaller code or even the Installer code.

Let’s look at Making Money stand point.

Forums and You Tubes are my favorite because while yes most people helps other people which they do get crowed with off topic comments sometimes (Mainly Forums). This can confuse people. Think about it, nothing is free in life. How does this community make money to survive? While people are helping people and writing code, whoever owns the website is making money somehow.

To be honest, Web Hosting Space and URLs are not that expensive these days since hard drives are cheap, which is how Amazon survived.

While I know that people take time out of their busy lives to help people or help people write codes and do not receive a single penny except for credit and fame but someone is making money off of that. I still respect and thank those people who don’t make a penny of their hard work which is why I created a credits page. I am pretty sure that if anyone can write an Android Program OS or write bits and pieces of Programs to make things work; they can make APPs and charge for them which they will make money off of it eventually which I could be wrong.

Credits and Term & Conditions

Because Android OS (HP Touchpad) Easy Installer Uninstaller Software is copyrighted by me but works with and uses other programs like JAVA, CM9, NOVACOM which were not created by me, I created a Terms & Conditions page which clearly states that certain files, docs and programs are not created by me and are copyrighted by their respectful owners and/or creators. Therefore, they are recognized for their work as well. However, I still retain the right to hold the copyright to the portion of the program that I did create.

Sincerely,

Tyler (Streetseller0)
    Owner, Creator of Android OS (HP Touchpad) Easy Installer Uninstaller Software
    xandros9 likes this.
  7.    #7  
    wow, long but informative. Thanks for clearing it up in person!
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrsharp70 View Post
    Android OS (HP Touchpad) Easy Installer Uninstaller Software | eBay

is this internalz software that someone took for free and is making money off of, or is it webOS nation trying to score some funding?

I don't need it, but someone is either
    1- selling something that the people here worked hard on to help the community, and it isn't theirs to sell
    2- the above, but it IS theirs to sell
    3- a program unrelated that someone wrote independently

not trying to be a busy body, but I HATE pirating
    Pirating? You do not understand free software, do you? Everyone can sell GPL-licensed software made by someone else (and I suspect/hope that is how the most code on these forums is licensed) as long as he fulfills the license conditions (i.e. releases the source code).

Streetseller0:
    You know that, if you provide 3rd party software with your script (files as you mentioned), you may be obligated to provide the source code of your app to the public, right? (that's for example why Android needs to do so). If you just link them, you're all fine.
    This is why I like webosnation forums better than those that won't be named. This was a hilarious exchange. Made my day.