Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1.    #1  
    On Woot Now: 32GB HP Touchpad - $194.99 - Woot
    Stay thirsty, my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by matteebee13 View Post
    On Woot Now: 32GB HP Touchpad - $194.99 - Woot
    Nice avatar...maybe Meg should hire him to get webOS going?

It's sad, but I think I'm past the point of considering buying a TouchPad, even at a good price like this.
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    Nice avatar...maybe Meg should hire him to get webOS going?

It's sad, but I think I'm past the point of considering buying a TouchPad, even at a good price like this.
    I agree Rockbeast, I thinking the same thing way over to even consider buying a dead product not only in development of apps but the entire WebOS is even old and outdated. And plus, while knowing all the little pains that I have gone through using the HP TouchPad..... I will advise anyone to FORGET THAT TOUCHPAD, its completely worthless...

Sad, Sad, Sad such a product that showed a lot of promise then the stupid people HP came along, and destroyed it and killed it off. And Mrs Megan Whitman is continuing the same path for WebOS....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Unless you're planning to port over a somewhat iffy version of Android, I'd say pass as well at this point, unless all you really want is something to surf the web on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xezat View Post
    Unless you're planning to port over a somewhat iffy version of Android, I'd say pass as well at this point, unless all you really want is something to surf the web on.
    It's only 50 bucks more than the fire sale but it is a refurbished unit. It all depends if people believe it's durable and believe that open WebOS will not be a cluster. Hopefully any new WebOS will run on the Touchpad and not be like the Pre and Pre plus where it has to be kludged in.
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmPixi_User23 View Post
    I agree Rockbeast, I thinking the same thing way over to even consider buying a dead product not only in development of apps but the entire WebOS is even old and outdated. And plus, while knowing all the little pains that I have gone through using the HP TouchPad..... I will advise anyone to FORGET THAT TOUCHPAD, its completely worthless...

Sad, Sad, Sad such a product that showed a lot of promise then the stupid people HP came along, and destroyed it and killed it off. And Mrs Megan Whitman is continuing the same path for WebOS....

seriously? I use mine on a daily basis and it does everything I need it to do quite nicely on my favourite mobileOS.

Heck even if I were to only use it for browsing the web and as an amazing picture/ movie viewer it would be a great deal.
    sent from my HP Touchpad OR AmigaOne X1000
    AmigaOS lives !
    At $200 shipped, it sure beats the hell out of a Kindle Fire!
    man I wish I had 200 I'd buy another TPad !!!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Poljot3133 View Post
    At $200 shipped, it sure beats the hell out of a Kindle Fire!
    How so?
    Quote Originally Posted by rnld View Post
    How so?
    seriously, I bought one used on Capitalist just do have one, and I use it for kindle books, ebooks, music, web, games (radiant defense!), studying, checklists, zite, evernote, pics I take on my phone go to it via Photobucket, comic books...

maybe not better than kindle fire, but at 32gb, with 9-ish hrs of battery, and an OS that I enjoy using, it was worth the money.

***but*** without preware, it would kinda suck. :-)
    oh, still gotta have ICS on it for PDF annotation though :-(

-sent from my freaking touchpad-
    So how's it not as good as a Kindle Fire? You can do all the usual Android stuff with ICS, and the touchpad hardware is unquestionably better across the board. What am I missing, proprietary Amazon apps? Why would I drop $200 for a 7" color e-reader when I can get a 32GB tablet?
    Quote Originally Posted by Poljot3133 View Post
    So how's it not as good as a Kindle Fire? You can do all the usual Android stuff with ICS, and the touchpad hardware is unquestionably better across the board. What am I missing, proprietary Amazon apps? Why would I drop $200 for a 7" color e-reader when I can get a 32GB tablet?
    Who said TP wasn't as good as a Kindle Fire? I simply asked how it "beat the hell" out of the Kindle Fire..

If it involves adding another OS to make it as good or better and the TP is off the market, what's the win?

I guess to tinkerers it's great fun.
    1X 32GB refurb for sale in Argos outlet store on ebay (UK) for 200 + 4 delivery plus available 38 warranty........expensive I think but if you want one.
    These are back on Woot for a few more days:

Sellout.Woot

Keep an eye out for speaker cracks, though. They were already forming when mine arrived, so I'm sending it in for repair while I'm still within the warranty period. Otherwise, my wife and I love the TP. I'm a regular Xoom user, and while the limited HP app catalog is a disadvantage, the webOS makes it a pleasure to use. Better than an iPad or Android tablet, IMHO.
    Thanks for the heads up. I actually bought one during the last Woot sale and it's been sitting in its box as a future present for my son. Last night my wife suddenly got a bug for a tablet (between me with mine and her mother spending a week here with her iPad) and I started trying to find an affordable Android tablet that wasn't junk. Then you posted this and we ordered another Touchpad, I took the one we have and installed CM9 on it and she's now happily playing with her new toy. For the purists out there, she liked the webOS system but right now she's all about the Pinterest and Flipboard and stuff which doesn't have a home on webOS.

No matter which route you go, it's still a ridiculously good price for the hardware.
    azdesertrose77 likes this.
    HP 32 GB Refurb $195 on WOOT.
    Just to clarify, it's on WOOT Sellout. It's not on the main site.

Sellout.Woot
    Last edited by Jophiel; 06/26/2012 at 08:23 PM.
    <thread moved - title updated>
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Wow, makes me glad I bought mine at $150. I'm surprised the price is so high still.
    I bought my original one at $150 and have bought two since at $200 to primarily use as Android tablets. For the hardware, it's still a great price. I was looking at native Android tablets in the $200 range before I bought my last Touchpad and it was still largely off brands running version 2.2 models with 7" screens and/or 4-8 gb storage and/or slow processors.

It might not compete with today's $500-$600 tablets but it sure beats the pants off today's $200 ones.

Also, it looks as though they are sold out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast