1.    #1  
    Where are web site cookies stored on the TP?

I tried using Impostah to find/delete one, but it doesn't list them as I expected it would.

Thanks in advance...
    Last edited by fsx100; 05/30/2012 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spelling..
    /var/palm/data/browser-cookies.db.com.palm.app.browser
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by artxxork View Post
    /var/palm/data/browser-cookies.db.com.palm.app.browser
    Thanks.

Found that, BUT now that brings me to my 2nd question:

The cookies are apparently NOT stored as individual cookies, that can be easily deleted, but apparently stored in ONE BIG FILE.

Selecting "Open" in Internalz Pro results in an error.

Anyone have any idea of how to open that file, and deleted 1-2 of the cookies? Thanks.
    they are stored in SQL database (table name Cookies) ... use 'sqlite3' command from terminal to delete records from this table ...
    ... or make donation towards nice GUI module that will allow you to browse/delete individual cookies same way as you can browse local or remote files on device. No pressure
  5.    #5  
    they are stored in SQL database (table name Cookies) ... use 'sqlite3' command from terminal to delete records from this table ...
    ... or make donation towards nice GUI module that will allow you to browse/delete individual cookies same way as you can browse local or remote files on device. No pressure
    Haha.

No pressure. This is something that I am happy to donate towards, if there was a dev that was (thinking of) putting something like that together.
    btw. Commander has 'Command Library' (Command Library - suggest new commands) ... adding command to delete individual cookies based on domain or name is matter of 15 minutes work ... but you will need to launch program in nojail mode (because browser's cookies are not readable when app is running inside jail) - Commander
  7.    #7  
    btw. Commander has 'Command Library' (Command Library - suggest new commands) ... adding command to delete individual cookies based on domain or name is matter of 15 minutes work ... but you will need to launch program in nojail mode (because browser's cookies are not readable when app is running inside jail) - Commander
    Looked at it, but its over my tech level. I can install/troubleshoot etc, but not code.
    no need to code - just put this into 'Enter command' field:
    Code:
    sqlite3 /var/palm/data/browser-cookies.db.com.palm.app.browser \"DELETE FROM Cookies WHERE domain_tail='google.com'\"
    Replace google.com with whatever domain you want to remove from cookies... or if you need to remove only some of cookies from given domain then you need to modify SQL command.
    Putting this into text file with specific syntax (see /media/internal/appdata/xx.commander/lib for examples) should be easy if you manage to enable 'root' mode for Commander on your device...

Note: you will get 'unable to open file' error if you are not running as root (or if you haven't enabled cookies for jail programs - this is also doable, but requires changing system config files)
  9.    #9  
    Thanks.

I will try putting in:

sqlite3 /var/palm/data/browser-cookies.db.com.palm.app.browser \"DELETE FROM Cookies WHERE domain_tail='google.com'

and seeing what happens.

Last Q: how hard is it to put Commander into "root" mode.

I have my TP in Dev Mode, but that only has to do with the USB Port/Mode, right?
    For enabling nojail mode for Commander see link in #6 - there are few steps needed, but nothing extra difficult...

Btw. you don't really need Commander to delete cookies ... any terminal application can do it - either using novaterm when TP is connected via USB cable to your PC ... or install wTerm from Preware if you need this on the go ...