1.    #1  
    I've tried configuring my Touchpad's email app so that my hotmail folders are visible.
    I've tried the following with no success:

Accounts > Microsoft Exchange > Manual Setup then:

1. Entered my hotmail address under "Email Address"
    2. Entered "https://m.hotmail.com under Server"
    3. Left "Domain" blank (also entered "hotmail.com" with no success")
    4. Entered my email address under "Username"
    5. Entered my hotmail password under "Password".

Every attempt ends with a "Unable to sign in / Bad username or password" error message.

The error details are: "error code 1000: http error: 400

Am I missing or have I entered something incorrectly here?
    Any help would be appreciated!
    thx.,
    FF
    Leave "Domain" blank and in "username", try to insert the full e-mail adress...

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
    (Happy A Lot, As A Good Carioca!)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Leave "Domain" blank and in "username", try to insert the full e-mail adress...

Best Regards...
    RNP,
    Thanks for the reply. I tried your suggestions again with no success, unfortunately.
    I've tried variations with the same results. There must be something I'm doing wrong since
    everyone else has been able to get this working...
    I can confirm your settings are identical to what I have with my Exchange Hotmail setup. I would first remove you account, and reboot. After rebooting setup you exchange account with the webOS auto configure settings. Its my recollection that I did not setup Hotmail Exchange using the manual setup.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by yorxs View Post
    I can confirm your settings are identical to what I have with my Exchange Hotmail setup. I would first remove you account, and reboot. After rebooting setup you exchange account with the webOS auto configure settings. Its my recollection that I did not setup Hotmail Exchange using the manual setup.
    No luck whatsoever. Its rather frustrating as it's the first and only problem I've run into since purchased my Touchpad a year ago. I appreciate your help though.
    I'm having the exact same problem. Exchange for Hotmail has been working for months and then suddenly stopped last week. Not sure what's going on or where the problem is. Looking for help!!
  7.    #7  
    Is it possible that an existing Exchange account prevents the addition of another?

EDIT: I found this possible solution on the Microsoft Answers website:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/w...7-48e62e1a4c86
    Last edited by FormFactor; 05/29/2012 at 07:28 AM.
    Change the passwords to 6 (six) characters don't solve.

Best Regards...
    "If A Man Isn't Willing To Take Some Risk For His Opinions, Either His Opinions Are No Good Or He's No Good!" - Ezra Pound (Poet & Critic)
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rnp View Post
    Change the passwords to 6 (six) characters don't solve.

Best Regards...
    Is it possible special characters are the problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by FormFactor View Post
    Is it possible special characters are the problem?
    No. Until where I can see, the Hotmail has changed something in his servers, but I don't know what.

For other side, if before my Galaxy Player load the e-mails as text and needing ask to load in HTML; now, is loading directly in HTML without ask.

Maybe the M$ has changed his servers from 2003 to 2007 or 2010...?? Who knows?

Best Regards...
    Hi,

I'm french and use a Pre3 and a touchpad. My wife use a Pre+. We have the same problem. When it start on the Pre+, I tried to delete the hotmail acount and I tried to create as new. Always the same message "bad user or password". On the touchpad, similar problem.

We need help
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by technotom View Post
    Hi,

I'm french and use a Pre3 and a touchpad. My wife use a Pre+. We have the same problem. When it start on the Pre+, I tried to delete the hotmail acount and I tried to create as new. Always the same message "bad user or password". On the touchpad, similar problem.

We need help
    Has anyone been able to get it to work even if there's an existing Exchange account?
    Try the methods in my last few posts in this thread Hotmail stopped working You will at least be able to sync contacts, push mail from your inbox and access all your folders. This is not as easy as it was; no idea what happened, but you are not alone.
    It is just inccredible that Microsoft let this trouble as that ! I am using my hotmail account since 1999
    Hello everyone,

I just managed to sync my (hotmail) exchange account after trying for quite a while different ways.
    This is my way to success:
    1. Remove every exchange account (also in TP E-Mail app)
    2. Visit https://www.hotmail.com and login (don't know if necessary but that's what I did)
    3. Setup a new excahnge account via TP E-Mail app (!! i.w. open E-Mail app, goto menu setup account)
    3.1. select exhange
    3.2. enter username (e.g. xxx@live.de) and PW (do not go to manual setup!)
    3.3 the process will guide you automatically to the next page where you can enter ther Server which ist https://m.hotmail.com
    4. After this exchange syncs E-Mail and calendar and contacts on my Touchpad!

Haven't tried to change any settings only to sync E-Mail OR contacts OR calendar (just keep my finger off it)
    because it works for me ... finally

Greetings