1.    #1  
    Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself.

A little background on me, Im what you could call a BlackBerry fan-boy and spend most of my time at Crackberry.com but i appreciate all brands and webos has always peeked my interest. Im brand new to the WebOS nation, and i just picked up a 32gb touchpad from a co-worker for $100.00 couldnt pass that up. Anyways just wanted to say hi, since i will be needing lots of help from the veterins here on the webos fourms.

.......speaking of help i need to get my new touchpad back to factory settings did a search and came across something called webos doctor? and i am interested in loading android on my new tablet as well. (i think its called CM9?) lol oh and one more question when you load andriod on the touchpad when you boot up it lets you choose which OS to go into right? and if thats correct thats so cool!! lol
    Welcome!
    Re: webos doctor
    It is a tool by which one can restore a webos device to factory fresh, so to speak.

Re: Android.
    I would check out the get started guide on CM9 found in the android subforum here @ webosnation
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonybaker View Post

A little background on me, Im what you could call a BlackBerry fan-boy and spend most of my time at Crackberry.com but i appreciate all brands and webos has always peeked my interest. Im brand new to the WebOS nation, and i just picked up a 32gb touchpad from a co-worker for $100.00 couldnt pass that up. Anyways just wanted to say hi, since i will be needing lots of help from the veterins here on the webos fourms.

.......speaking of help i need to get my new touchpad back to factory settings did a search and came across something called webos doctor? and i am interested in loading android on my new tablet as well. (i think its called CM9?) lol oh and one more question when you load andriod on the touchpad when you boot up it lets you choose which OS to go into right? and if thats correct thats so cool!! lol
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonybaker View Post

Like you I came from the BB World to WebOS via Touchpad about 5 weeks ago. I still have a BB which I'm going to dump for a Windows Phone in July, having already swapped my main BB for an Android. There's a great getting started stickie on the main page and one of the first links in that stickie is to the getting started with Android on HP TP stickie. Both stickies are comprehensive, easy to understand, and are absolutely must reads. I think you will discover that what you want to do instead of getting back to "Factory Settings" is apply some of the WebOS patches and tweaks you'll find in the first sticky.

Since I had already rooted my Android phone and was swapping ROMS like crazy, I couldn't wait to get Android loaded on the TP. It's a little different on the HP TP than on my phone but still pretty easy. WebOS is a great OS but the ecosystem is a little dry.

Android, especially ICS is also a very good OS and has a more robust eco-system. It's easier to find apps in Android and at much better prices than WebOS. I think you'll like it but I predict you'll find things you miss from the BB days. As for WebOS, I'm perfectly satisfied with ICS but waiting to see what happens with OpenWebOS which should debut sometime this summer.
    Last edited by DaElderGeek; 05/23/2012 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Typos
    "The technology of a sufficiently advanced civilization will be virtually indistinguishable from magic."

Sir Arthur C. Clarke
    Welcome to the forum! As for getting the TP back to factory settings, open the Launcher and go to the Settings page. Tap on the Device Info app and then tap on Reset Options. Once there you can choose Full Erase or Secure Full Erase.

You'll find lots of useful information on the various stickies on top of this forum, specifically the one by ncinerate: "New Touchpad? Here's your "Get Started" guide"
    Along with CM7&9 you can install various flavors of linux natively as well. And yes you can triple boot if you want to, especially with 32gb to play with.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities
    Look no further than ncinerate's fantastic guides.

First this to tweak your TP:
    http://forums.webosnation.com/hp-tou...ted-guide.html

Then this to install Android (ICS - CM9):
    http://forums.webosnation.com/androi...ted-guide.html
    Welcome to the webOS Nation and the forums. There are many useful stickies to get you started. Always feel free to ask if you need any specific information.

I currently am running webOS and CM9 Official nightly . It's great to have the flexibility of apps not available for webOS, just boot into Android and have a go at it.

As a long time webOS user I would suggest really trying out the Touchpad with webOS and preware before installing CM9. This way you really get the most out of your device once installing CM9. webOS has many features not well discussed in typical blogs or youeTube reviews that might be very useful. For me apps that take full advantage of Exhibition Mode ( app Glimpse) is one of the best and most used features I use at work with the Touchstone Chargin Dock.

Check out the (New to webOS) thread and enjoy
    What ArIker said.

Also you are just in time for openWebOS (beta in Aug, out of beta in Sept). So there will be lots of improvements to webOS in just a few months and since it is open source, you will be part of it as a community member.

Bear in mind that anything and everything has Android, what makes your touchpad a unique item is webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    What ArIker said.

Also you are just in time for openWebOS (beta in Aug, out of beta in Sept). So there will be lots of improvements to webOS in just a few months and since it is open source, you will be part of it as a community member.

Bear in mind that anything and everything has Android, what makes your touchpad a unique item is webOS.
    A lot of people are placing a big emphasis on this Open WebOS project, I don't want to place a big expectations on it very much I'm afraid. Seeing HP incompetence in everything that involves them, I wouldn't trust too much of an big improvement into this project. HP made me quite disappointed(in them) in the past, when it came to this WebOS platform and specially their stupid decisions that created this whole mess. So if they disappointed so many people, what makes you think that it could change this time around when they release WebOS into the open. I might be total wrong or (being a bit) paranoid, but I still have doubts on HP.

And with the little bit of invested money that HP seems to be funneling to this project, I won't want to raise my hopes(too high) to be let down later on. I really hope that we get to see once again, WebOS really shine and gain a foothold of the market and see new kinds of hardware from manufactures. But until now, is all hopes mix with a bit of dreams.....
    Owner of an HP TouchPad (32GB) and a brand new Palm Pre 3 (16GB) for VZ wireless.
  10.    #10  
    thanks everyone for the warm welcome. After just a few days with the tp I realize that webOS is a very good platform and if only given the chance it could have became something great. I curse HP for giving up so easliy ! Anyways thanks again for the welcome an tips