1.    #1  
    After using my new touchpad for a few months I have been experiencing charging issues.

This has now culminating to having a worthless touchpad and huge disapointment.!!

On contacting the Customer Support yesterday they asked for photographic proof that my usb port has cracks.

I took 22 shots but all were of no use except 3 and I forwarded them to support.

They replied that the photo's sent were not clear and this has now infuriated me because the crack is a hairline crack and difficult to see , with the casing being of a reflective shiny background it is impossible with my skills and equipment to highlight the cracking.

This being pointed out by e mail and as yet no reply !!

Has anyone else had this problem ? with customer support and what was the outcome ?
    did a live chat with HP support Tuesday about a crack i'd just noticed by my speaker.

was asked to email them a picture of the crack, which I did wednesay, it's now friday and I've not heard back from them.

don't know why they need a picture of a crack...a crack is a crack is a crack and is a well know issue....
    Not a solution, but a workaround--you might try and get a touchstone and charge it that way.

Does USB port work for data?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    yeah, Ive seen a lot of those... its either you get a touchstone or put a skin on it..I did both and it looks promising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsol View Post
    Not a solution, but a workaround--you might try and get a touchstone and charge it that way.

Does USB port work for data?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre3 using Forums

data for Internet? No.
    data for data transfer from pc? yes
    i would totally try another usb cable...

chances are all it is is a bad connection and a new cable will fix it just fine, no need for a replacement
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by dignitary View Post
    I'm not sure if you got the part where there's cracking around the port, which would necessitate a replacement.
    i'm just saying, a lot of people's touchpads crack. mine has two cracks on each speaker, and probably a few more around the frame. i'm not sending mine in

maybe i'm misunderstanding his definition of a hairline crack, but all the hairline cracks i've ever had have never caused any usb ports to malfunction

maybe the OP could post a picture so we can see instead of taking his or her word for it.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Not sure if the OP means the black cover plastic or the actual USB port itself (the tiny tab with the connections.

If just the casing, I don't see why it would cause an issue, unless it's preventing them from plugging it in.

Personally, I try to avoid plugging either my Pre2 or my Touchpad. I've gone and got WIFI media synch for music, videos and pictures (for downloading to the devices as the uploading to computer seems to not work right), and use DropBox for documents, and got the TouchStones for both for charging.
    Palm M105 > M130 > Zire 71 > Zire 72 >TX > Lifedrive > Pre > Pre2 >Touchpad > Pre3(8GB) > Pre3 (16GB)
    I see a pattern...
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Bateman View Post
    After using my new touchpad for a few months I have been experiencing charging issues.

This has now culminating to having a worthless touchpad and huge disapointment.!!

On contacting the Customer Support yesterday they asked for photographic proof that my usb port has cracks.

I took 22 shots but all were of no use except 3 and I forwarded them to support.

They replied that the photo's sent were not clear and this has now infuriated me because the crack is a hairline crack and difficult to see , with the casing being of a reflective shiny background it is impossible with my skills and equipment to highlight the cracking.

This being pointed out by e mail and as yet no reply !!

Has anyone else had this problem ? with customer support and what was the outcome ?
    yes but mine was not cracked but the cable had to be bent to get it to charge. i replaced the charger.