Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    So I plugged in my TP last night to charge it up, and it wouldn't indicate that it was charging. So I tried a few different microUSB cables and none of them would work. I tried plugging it into my computer to see if my laptop would see it and nothing happened.

So I rebooted my touchpad, same story. I'm worried my microUSB port is trashed. Has anyone had this happen to them before? I might try and take it apart tonight and see if it needs to be re-soldered or something...
    You are brave to have a go at repair.

Same problem with mine but I discovered a hairline crack in the usb port
    now no charge
    I would buy a Touchstone before I ripped apart my TouchPad. It's up to your level of comfort though.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Well I'm pretty embarrassed... The surge protector I was trying to charge from wasn't turned on So it works fine now. Not sure why Windows didn't detect it though. I booted up to linux and it worked fine.

I was getting pretty excited about taking it apart though. The problem with doing a touchstone is not being able to doctor if I needed to or being able to develop anything
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Margaret Bateman View Post
    You are brave to have a go at repair.

Same problem with mine but I discovered a hairline crack in the usb port
    now no charge
    The case is cracked (seems to be a common problem) or the actual port is cracked (broken solder connections)?
    Guys, I got the same issue except I see no cracks near the microUSB port. My touchpad would drop with the cable plugged into the charger many times and for every drop, the shock would bend the cable and I've gone through like 5 cables. I've since got a touchstone but I can't connect to USB mode any more.

So now that I have a touchstone is it worth getting this fixed? It's still under warranty and they're sending me an empty box to return it to the depot for repair. I can still xfer files over with either wifi sync or Box.net. Is this a simple fix that won't involve replacing my touchpad with a refurb or wiping out my credentials/settings. My only concern is without USB I can't run webosdoctor if something gets corrupt and I won't be able to install android or run novacom.

Thanks, synchron.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    I'd get it fixed.

If you can't run the doctor when you need it, you'll be cussing yourself!
    having a touchstone helps the wear and tear of always plugging in the cable
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    having a touchstone helps the wear and tear of always plugging in the cable
    Seems to me that there shouldn't have to be any wear and tear after 6 months on a port that is so critical. There should be something that locks cable into place with an easy way to disconnect (like the Ipod connector) and I'm surprised at HP for even picking a microusb. Just poor design.

Touchstone is a must have for all Touchpad owners!

Synchron