Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    just search in webOSnation for Jason's novcom installer app and download it to your computer and then reboot both your pc and device and try again. Providing cables and USB socket are in proper working order, this should do the trick.
    Novacom should not be necessary to view the USB Drive partition on the TP.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GMMan View Post
    So what does it say on the properties sheet of the generic volume in Device Manager? There should be a box with error information on the first tab.
    It says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".

The Palm Novacom driver is running fine in the device manager (version 1.0.1.0).
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by imfallen_angel View Post
    I see two other possibilities...

1) your version of XP is corrupted and having trouble loading the drivers correctly... you'd have to reinstall Windows, which if you haven't in a while, might be a good thing regardless.

2) are you certain that you have all updates (service packs 2 and 3 ) on it?
    I haven't re-installed WIndows in years. However, that's not in the cards. I just ordered another laptop (this one is old) and at the very least I'll just try when that one arrives in a few weeks. And yes, I have both service packs installed.
    Quote Originally Posted by pnw_wildcat View Post
    It says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)".
    OK. Here's a page on error codes: Explanation of error codes generated by Device Manager in Windows XP Professional. I would try uninstalling the device (right click on it and select Uninstall), and reboot. That should refresh the drivers installed for the TP.

BTW, since Novacom seems to be working you can send files around with that. It's only there's no good file transfer utility for Novacom.
    Just my 2 cents:
    I had the same problem - but I found a work -a-round: Before connecting the USB cable - switch of WiFi on the TP -
    then it was working like a charm.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12