I was very surprised, when my Touchpad's speakers decided to not working any more on Sunday evening. The last time I remember them working was Saturday evening. The time between was only one unusual event: Going to my car for about 5 minutes and driving about 45 minutes with outside temperatures of about 5° C (41° F).
I didn't know of this speaker problem before, but I found a lot of old posts about that issue in this forum - which unfortunately didn't help so far.
This is what I tried without success:
- Pressing Power-button and main button together for 15 seconds until device shutdown
- Pressing Power-button for a few seconds until popup menu appears, then press cancel
- Pressing Power-button for a few seconds until popup menu appears, then press shutdown
- Doing all the tests in the device-info app
- Rebooting touchpad out of the device-info app
- Setting mute in the menu of the main screen, and disable mute
- Using app Audio Switch to switch between Headset and Back Speaker
- Using Xterm to stop pulseaudio and start pulseaudio
- Using Xterm to stop audiod and start audiod
- Using the sounds app to turn all switches off and on again
Is there anything else I can try?
I read of one user having success in reconnecting the speaker's cables.
Does anybody know how a Touchpad looks if it was disassembled and put together again? I read that some parts inside will break when the device is opened...