Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes
    Global Posts
    913 Global Posts
    Unhappy?

Well, I'm unhappy that I don't think WebOS will make it to the big time - it will be a niche market and will actually die (as far as app development is concerned) if we don't get some new players producing hardware.

Other than that, it does what I want - an instant-on way of having my email, calender and book reader/games machine with me all the time. But it's not a substitute for REAL computing (as has already been said).

Alan
    Most complaints are:
    - Too slow (been fixed up recently + patching helps)
    - Too heavy (its going to snap off your arms, unlike an iPad)
    - Too thick (subjective i guess, a site called the Pre as needing a personal trainer, i personally don't mind)
    - Not enough apps (big one. that's all most people want. need them fart apps and photobooths. but there are good games and office tools not found on webOS. 600000 > 10000)

I'm unhappy i have 0. so many people bought so many to resell, that ebay is flooded with marked up touchpads. (karma!)

It's just infuriating when people buy it just to put android on it, (but hey, a deals a deal) and proceed to bash webOS without using it for more than 30 seconds. Its almost funny. I just fixed up this guys touchpad with uberkernel and stuff. he's happy with his dual boot setup.

Most unhappy touchpad owners got/stuck with iPads
    (or stuck with android)

iOS is just so restricted...

if you don't like it, sell or give it to someone who'd appreciate it.

Have a nice day everyone
    Only thing I'm less than happy about is being able to access full MSFT office on the web when I need it. Everything else I like as I can see where my files are (unlike ios) and I don' t have to be worried about security (unlike android).

If we get a Cloudon app, the MSFT office problemwill be solved.
    Some people are voting for it here:

Please support webOS!!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm assuming this thread didn't go as the OP wanted. I am very pleased with my Touchpad purchase, and very happy I had the foresight to buy one for my fiance so she wouldn't be on mine all the time.

I'm upset that I'll eventually install android for the apps, but as for now, the Touchpad does most everything I would want.
    I am unhappy my touchpad wont turn on, It battery drained while on charging on touchpad dock and wont charge anymore, it dead, will have to send away for warranty repair.

I have been very happy with my Touchpad & webOS , preware and patches have made an good device , brilliant.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alan sh View Post
    Unhappy?
    '
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sylo likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossville View Post
    Some have installed Android on there TP. Have no idea how to do it.
    Can not sell TP here. Do not have enough post.
    two words: Craig's List.

I have two touchpads, and they a constantly in use by me or someone else in the family. Eventually I will have to add an iPad for work, but I'm stalling as long as possible because I don't want to spend so much for a device that is so closed and proprietary. But, they are only supporting iOS for mobile.

the only thing about the touchpad I'm unhappy about is that they didn't release the 7" touchpadGO because that's the size I was hoping for.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/13/2012 at 10:10 AM.
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post
    I'm assuming this thread didn't go as the OP wanted. I am very pleased with my Touchpad purchase, and very happy I had the foresight to buy one for my fiance so she wouldn't be on mine all the time.

I'm upset that I'll eventually install android for the apps, but as for now, the Touchpad does most everything I would want.
    No not disappointed. Getting good feed back.
    Key Pad is big with me.
    Mime does not work.
    Blue Tooth does not work.
    Now this To many cards issue.
    I like the TP much better than my wifes Ipad.
    We did dump our Palm Pre Plus phones for the iphone 4s. Which was a great upgrade to me.

Maybe if I figure out how to put Android on here I will be more happy. But at 68 my mind is slow to grasp things. LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylo View Post

This^ I bought mine at full price. A month later when I got reimbursed, I managed to find a straggler on the shelf and picked up a 2nd 32GB and still had $200 left over. We use ours everyday, although I use mine quite a bit more.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    No not disappointed. Getting good feed back.
    Key Pad is big with me.
    Mime does not work.
    I understand. I love the webOS keyboard. There is, however, some tinkering to be done to get it the way you want it. Adding arrows is a big one. Also, I installed the ICS theme: webICS - An Ice Cream Sandwich style theme for HP TouchPad and I love it.

Blue Tooth does not work.
    I haven't had an issue with MY Bluetooth, but maybe I'm just one of the fortunate ones. I have my Pre 3, HP keyboard, and headset all connected, no issues. You might want to contact HP and see if they can fix or replace yours. Maybe run the doctor?

Now this To many cards issue.
    I had the Too Many Cards error, but after installing govnah and uberkernel, I haven't seen that even once. Also, if you didn't want to overclock yours, I heard just installing govnah alone will correct that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Crossvile View Post
    I like the TP much better than my wifes Ipad.
    We did dump our Palm Pre Plus phones for the iphone 4s. Which was a great upgrade to me.

Maybe if I figure out how to put Android on here I will be more happy. But at 68 my mind is slow to grasp things. LOL
    I know I've read about people loving their pre plus, veer, and the such, but I couldn't imagine using such a small screen. The 4S is a great phone, and definitely an upgrade from what you were using. I think, if you liked webOS, you also would have been happy with the Pre 3 as well.

Also, HelloNNNewman put the link to step by step instructions on how to install Android (with pictures, hooray!). I've yet to do it because I'm waiting for a more stable release, but it doesn't look too difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    This^ I bought mine at full price. A month later when I got reimbursed, I managed to find a straggler on the shelf and picked up a 2nd 32GB and still had $200 left over. We use ours everyday, although I use mine quite a bit more.
    She wasn't even really interested in getting a tablet, but somehow I just knew, once she saw me using it, she would want her own shiny toy as well. Glad to hear you thought the same!
    @sylo it's actually pretty stable.....stable enough, imo, for the 10% of the time I use it.

funny thing about her is she has an Android Incredible, which she really likes, & for whatever reason could never "get" my Pre...maybe the latency...but she far prefers the webOS side when it comes to the TouchPad.
    Last edited by sledge007; 05/13/2012 at 03:52 PM.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    @sylo it's actually pretty stable.....stable enough, imo, for the 10% of the time I use it.

funny thing about her is she has an Android Incredible, which she really likes, & for whatever reason could never "get" my Pre...maybe the latency...but she far prefers the webOS side when it comes to the TouchPad.
    I've been putting it off, because I keep hearing horror stories about people not being able to boot up after their batteries died while in ICS, but I think I'll take your advice. Maybe I'll install it tonight. I would only use it for the apps. I prefer everything else webOS offers.

Regarding the learning curve between Android and WebOS...obviously iOS is the easiest, but I think webOS is a close second. Hey, as long as she's happy =)
    I'm very happy with my Touchpad, yet not happy with the state of webOS. I'm impatiently waiting for Open webOS to be released. I believe that Leo and the Board's mismanagement of HP caused most of the world to miss out on a true competitor to the iPad.

We are a 3 Touchpad family. I have one, my wife has one, and my mother has one. My wife's sister just ordered one from Amazon for my niece, so soon we will be a 4 Touchpad family. My wife is running webOS on her's with some Preware modifications. She uses it mostly as an e-book reader, magazine reader, and Internet browser. She has bought over 30 books from Amazon for the Kindle app. She has stopped buying paperbacks. My mother "lost" her Touchpad to my nephew. He installed CM7 on it and uses it for school. He loves webOS but most of the apps he needed are just not there due to HP pulling the platform so early ****ing developers off. I have both CM9 and webOS installed. I occasionally boot into CM9. However I find myself using apps that already have good counterparts on webOS. WebOS is more stable and everything works about the same or better/smoother than CM9. I find myself booting back into webOS after less than a day of Android use (sometimes after a few hours, especially after Dolphin HD and others keep crashing on me).

My niece hijacks my Touchpad every time we visit for Coloring Book HD (shout out to Avner! Great job, dude!), Glow Hockey HD, and Angry Bird's. Which is why her mom is buying her one. It also helps that a brand new 32gb Touchpad is almost $200 cheaper than a first generation iPad (on Amazon).

---Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities (a great webOS app!)
    I'm very happy with my Touchpad, yet not happy with the state of webOS. I'm impatiently waiting for Open webOS to be released. I believe that Leo and the Board's mismanagement of HP caused most of the world to miss out on a true competitor to the iPad.

We are a 3 Touchpad family. I have one, my wife has one, and my mother has one. My wife's sister just ordered one from Amazon for my niece, so soon we will be a 4 Touchpad family. My wife is running webOS on her's with some Preware modifications. She uses it mostly as an e-book reader, magazine reader, and Internet browser. She has bought over 30 books from Amazon for the Kindle app. She has stopped buying paperbacks. My mother "lost" her Touchpad to my nephew. He installed CM7 on it and uses it for school. He loves webOS but most of the apps he needed are just not there due to HP pulling the platform so early ****ing developers off. I have both CM9 and webOS installed. I occasionally boot into CM9. However I find myself using apps that already have good counterparts on webOS. WebOS is more stable and everything works about the same or better/smoother than CM9. I find myself booting back into webOS after less than a day of Android use (sometimes after a few hours, especially after Dolphin HD and others keep crashing on me).

My niece hijacks my Touchpad every time we visit for Coloring Book HD (shout out to Avner! Great job, dude!), Glow Hockey HD, and Angry Bird's. Which is why her mom is buying her one. It also helps that a brand new 32gb Touchpad is almost $200 cheaper than a first generation iPad (on Amazon).

I forgot to mention that the Touchpad kicks serious **** as a music player. The speakers are awesome when they are not affected by that annoying crackling sound bug. They are the one thing that makes my iPad friends jealous. I have Spotify and Apollo (Pandora) installed. Those along with the music player has made the Touchpad replace my ipod totally, which I thought would never happen.

kataran likes this.
    Take it to work, problem solved .......I guess that doesn't work for all the population, but it works for me.....
    yeah...i work in a factory but my pre2 keeps me grounded ....

as for unhappy with a Touchpad....<staff edit>

its the perfect info appliance....i use it for everything from Email to ****....my laptop is only a tool to support my webOS devices....
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 05/13/2012 at 09:12 PM.
    32G Touchpad
    iphone 5 on sprint wouldn't leave a good relationship
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    I am unhappy that this is May and the app store face page talks March madness and apps such as MLB at bat were not developed this year after last year and that my Touchpad is not supported for MLB SUBSCRIPTION they say it is HP's fault.
    The touchpad web is is best OS for Tablet but no support from HP even though they said they would .
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Eh, I'm not super pleased with it but for $100 I got enough use out of it that I considered it worthwhile. In the end there were enough things that frustrated me about it that I bought an iPad and haven't touched it in months. What killed it for me:
    - Browser rendering issues. Sites not loading at all, or loading wonky enough I couldn't actually use them. Pages that hung and required killing and restarted the browser on a daily basis.
    - Random hangs. Lots of problems trying to load email. I'd touch a message and it would just sit there for 20-30 seconds at time, totally unresponsive unless I killed the card. I'd pull up contacts to find the number for the local pizza place and I couldn't select anything for 15 seconds. Really annoying.
    - Dumb bugs. I would have used it on the touchstone fro an alarm clock if the alarms went off reliably.

Lack of apps was never the problem, I don't tend to use many (even on the iPad). Support wouldn't have been an issue if it had worked well enough to start with. Email, web browsing, and reading PDFs are what I really needed the TouchPad to do, and it didn't do them well enough for me. The multitasking gestures on the TouchPad are nice, but in the end I'd rather do one thing at a time well than two things at the same time poorly.

I was happy enough with it for $100 to not regret it, but if I had paid anywhere near the original asking price I'd be very displeased. As it stands I'll probably box it back up in the next few weeks and put it up on eBay or in the marketplace here. If somebody can get some good use out of it I'd be happy for them, but unless Open webOS is a smashing success I've pretty much moved on.
    Global Posts
    1,528 Global Posts
    I've been nothing but happy with the TouchPad.
    Most of us wish some things were different, better OS and app support, would be cool to have the new iPad screen, but we have a good open OS which should only get better, enough apps for many, and the price was right for most of us. It was a great way for a cheapskate like me to test the waters with a "pad" computer and not having such a closed OS as Apple is a bonus for me. I can live without a gazillion apps although there are times I wish for some specific app that the touchpad doesn't have but since I use it to supplement my PCs rather than my primary device it's not a big deal for me. I would guess most folks really unhappy have long since bailed.
    One of the best devices I've ever owned !!!!
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast